Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990919293949596979899114 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2407

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Barbarians Can kill faster then most my enemies As Rome, However its true they break faster, Its because of their fighting style and Barbarism for the most part, The macedonians need to be flanked And killed in order to be defeated because frontally all your gonna get is the spear, the Barbarians will just charge at your line, giving you awesome opportunities To flank them. they rout faster but their Aggressive nature can cost you more men, Unlike the macedonians, who need to dedicate LOTS of time with thier static formations and spears against the 1.7 meter tall roman shields.

I've always looked on Battles against the savages as being the least epic and the hardest :/ When you just click the "End battle" Button another hoard of pedo bears springs out of those forests, and your like "AWWW NOT AGAIN" Also, I've never been a fan of european battlefield terrain

Most recently, My favourite and Epic-est of battles were the Ptolemic ones, The soundtracks make this game an absolute masterpiece. Give the Ptolemic Campaign a shot, It has a Mild lack of battles but Its amazing, and once again, the campaign and battles soundtracks are just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    No forest elephants are not invulnerable. They die to pikes, rout to flaming arrows. I have seen it
    Still, But yeah, Velites Combined with Pilum can be a real Elephant killer, Seen it, Plus Like I Said I Charged a Line of pikemen on the side, that battle ended with them losing around 900 men with me losing around 20, most of which are the elephants themselves. Pikes can still be a Real kill against elephants but under the right condition, a Long set of pike lines Ready Can possibly hold an elephant charge, But only against the smaller elephants, indian ones or cataphract ones can Run through and Rampage, It depends, Javelins remain the best weapon against them, I've had two units of velites wipe out cataphract elephants in a few volleys, before they even made it to my Line

Braeburn's Avatar Centenarius
    Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Phillipines

Quote Originally Posted by General Sultan V View Post
    I've always looked on Battles against the savages as being the least epic and the hardest :/ When you just click the "End battle" Button another hoard of pedo bears springs out of those forests, and your like "AWWW NOT AGAIN" Also, I've never been a fan of european battlefield terrain
    Look at the circled army ing barbarians stop spamming me with armies
    Same image as the one above but I encircled an army.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [Col] Braeburn

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

550 AUC and your sporting a proper imperial legion, how does that work, and i want it!

lol, So I Noticed, In my old Rome campaign I was able to Levy some 4 Segmentata Legions at around 600 A.U.C. It was retarded, I Never did it anyway, not a big fan of the Scale armor they have :/ But after A While I Randomly decided to Recruit Legio XII Fulminata, After reading its discription that It was levied pretty early (in the 40's BC) I Decided to take it, despite it wearing scale armor. while all my 8-11 other Legions wore chain mails.

What the hell do you have against scale armor? Scale is awesome!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Yeah Man Its freaking awesome and I love it too but I Like it less then The Early chain mails.

I Have always looked up to Early legionaries and Legions as Technically republican Hastatae/Principies. They always looked better then their segmentata counterparts my opinion

I love seeing barbarians run
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Last edited by General Sultan V; July 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spoilers added

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Thats a lot of sarissas.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Indeed. They should've invented sarissa-proof goggles. Wouldn't want to get our eyes poked out now would we?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Braeburn's Avatar Centenarius
    Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Phillipines

I'm surprised that neither side brought along cavalry. But then all those spears.
    [Col] Braeburn

So, I've been messing a bit around with the idea of substituting Tight Formation with a Shield Wall replica, while then replacing "Loose Formation" with "Tight Formation"

This first image is of a regular formation for roman units, notice that the "loose formation button" is activated for the two highlighted Germanica I, while the two ones behind, I believe they were Augusta Legions, are in Tight Formation

now, let's try bringing them from loose formation, to close formation. This is what happens

wow, this is new, I better go check if this actually works, Because if it does

you have my massive thanks

wow, this is new, I better go check if this actually works, Because if it does

you have my massive thanks
    I've yet to test it in actual combat, but as far as I know, Loose Formation doesn't give any stat changes, therefore, it should work flawlessly.

As for the denseness, I put the line density to 0,7 on the picture, and the distance between lines to 1 straight... Where as I simply bring the numbers from the regular formations over to loose formation. Very simple really.

Please post any noteworthy observations on it, does it work or not and such, it'd help me a ton not having to test them in all kinds of situations.
    Last edited by Du Silence; July 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Tar-Elendil's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Du Silence View Post
    I've yet to test it in actual combat, but as far as I know, Loose Formation doesn't give any stat changes, therefore, it should work flawlessly.

As for the denseness, I put the line density to 0,7 on the picture, and the distance between lines to 1 straight... Where as I simply bring the numbers from the regular formations over to loose formation. Very simple really.
    This is awesome. Can you tell me what I need to open to mod this formation in? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Elendil View Post
    This is awesome. Can you tell me what I need to open to mod this formation in? Thanks!
    export_descr_unit.txt

It's found either under the factions folder -> data, in your RSII main folder.
    If it's not there, then it's in the Data Folder in your RSII main folder.

Find whatever unit you want to add this formation to, then go to the Formation Line.

There'll be 5 numbers, the 2 first ones are for the Tight Formation.

Also, I posted a mistake in the given numbers, instead of the 2nd nr. being 1 straight, it's 0.66.

Another thing about adding this, expect that it'll make the unit rather powerfull in hand to hand combat, along with cavalry defense.
    Reason is that you'll gain a local superiority in numbers, which means that more of your men are attacking the enemy unit in front.
    As for cavalry, it'll simply be effective vs. such things as Cata charges, since it reduces the impact area, and stops most horses dead in the 1st rank.
    I expect it'll be paradise for elephants though, they'll gain more hits than usual when the formation is this tight.

Oh and phalanxes shouldn't have such tight formations I figure, they'll become unbeatable in physical engagements from the front.

My suggestion is to only add such dense formations to units that have the Shield_wall ability.
    Last edited by Du Silence; July 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

I Dont get it, I Found the numbers, should I Delete every other number except the First 2 ones?

EDIT: I Actually got it now, Thanks alot
    Last edited by General Sultan V; July 22, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

I Dont get it, I Found the numbers, should I Delete every other number except the First 2 ones?

EDIT: I Actually got it now, Thanks alot
    In case it gives anyone else problems:

Once you find the line, you'll notice 5 numbers. Here's an example
    1, 1, 2, 2, 5
    The 2 first ones display the starting formation, which is also refered to as "Tight Formation", editing them to a lower value will increase the density of the formation. Increasing them will spread the formation thinner.
    The 2 next numbers, (the two 2's) represent the Loose Formation, edit them so that they match the value of the original 2 first numbers.

0.8 , 0,66. 1, 1, 5
    The above quoted line will change your average formation of the unit to a much denser one (note that the 2 first numbers have decreased in value), and a Loose Formation which now has the same value as the Tight Formation previously had.

aww, I Messed up something with my Data files, I Remember correctly leaving all the txt. Files in their place but Now when I Try to start up the "battles only" Mode It basically gives me "Error: Britonic slinger not found" And some other things, I Cant do the battles only option, Can someone help me with this at all? I Thought about Re-installing but I have a Roman campaign savegame going that I Am tightly holding on to, Is there a way to keep savegames without losing them on a Re-installation? thanks guys