Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeham991 View Post
    Also @ Thoas: + rep for having a PC made of OWN and a talent for artistic photography x3
    Thank you so much for the kind words and the rep. I will return the favor asap (when I'll be allowed to give rep -I'm new here)
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

withfriend2's Avatar Tiro

Some of mine against good ol hanny
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    You're doing something wrong then. There are people with much worse systems than yours who are getting way better performance.

Have you got units on highest or something like that?
    Background tasks?
    What settings are you using? Did you set vegetation to highest in the launcher? If so then that might be the problem.
    If antialiasing is on in the game then switch it off and use your video control panel's override.
    1.It's set to high unit detail
    2.nope
    3.I will try doing that
    4.Tried this...no fps difference from the in-game or control panel really.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Also, I have Dark bloom enabled, but it seems as though it's not as dark as ive seen here on the forums?

Another also, pressing the edit preferences file on the launcher brings up an error saying it can't find the file, where should it be? I'm running ALX.exe
    Bumping my own post as it seems to have been lost at the end of the page

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Another also, pressing the edit preferences file on the launcher brings up an error saying it can't find the file, where should it be? I'm running ALX.exe
    It happened to me too. I installed a fresh RTW+BI+ALEX and then without running the vanilla I installed RS2.
    Since I didn't run the vanilla exe, no preferences folder was created in the game's root and no preferences.txt inside it.

The RS2 launcher seams that it looks in the root for that file, and if it don't finds it, gives the error you said.

If you run an RS2 game though, it creates a preferences.txt file but saves it in another folder (for example C:\Activision\Rome - Total War\Play_Rome\preferences).

I run a search in the game's root for "preferences.txt", found the file, created a folder in the games root named "preferences" and pasted the .txt there. the next time I run the lancher everything was fine. It founds the txt
    Last edited by Enasteron; September 06, 2010 at 05:13 AM.
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerman29 View Post
    How? I have:
    I7-930
    6GB DDR3 Tri=Channel
    GTX480
    everything maxed except for unit detail on high.

And i get EXTREME lag with only 5k units on the field....the game is unplayable for me...
    In launcher turn of high res units, i also have lagg, when i turn of this, games runs great.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Thoas View Post
    I happened to me too. I installed a fresh RTW+BI+ALEX and then without running the vanilla I installed RS2.
    Since I didn't run the vanilla exe, no preferences folder was created in the game's root and no preferences.txt inside it.

The RS2 launcher seams that it looks in the root for that file, and if it don't finds it, gives the error you said.

If you run an RS2 game though, it creates a preferences.txt file but saves it in another folder (for example C:\Activision\Rome - Total War\Play_Rome\preferences).

I run a search in the game's root for "preferences.txt", found the file, created a folder in the games root named "preferences" and pasted the .txt there. the next time I run the lancher everything was fine. It founds the txt
    Exactly.

The advice in the Release Thread was to: "In order to install RSII you need to have a working vanilla (unmodded) RTW install." If the RTW was a working copy then there would be a preferences file there already.

When using the launcher to edit the preferences you need to select the correct path for the file. As with the main preferences file these won't be there until after you've launcher the campaign. However, if you've already set up the main one (or even if you've installed over a working RTW) then the preferences will be copied into the faction specific folder.

The install instructions were written like that for a reason.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

I'm using windows7 and I took and set up some great looking shots during my battle of Carthage. When pressing print screen a box appears on the left side of the screen showing you the shot you just took, thinking that they would save to some file destination on my C: drive, however I can't find them. Also, I opened Irfanview a free lite photo editing software and pasted whatever was the last thing copied, but what came up was the area that showed my screenshot was black and the rest of the screen was the desktop screen. Instead of taking the image of the game it had taken an image of the desktop despite the fact that it had shown me a preview of the shot I had taken. So it seems I can't share these photos with you.

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong?? m(_ _)m

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    I'm using windows7 and I took and set up some great looking shots during my battle of Carthage. When pressing print screen a box appears on the left side of the screen showing you the shot you just took, thinking that they would save to some file destination on my C: drive, however I can't find them. Also, I opened Irfanview a free lite photo editing software and pasted whatever was the last thing copied, but what came up was the area that showed my screenshot was black and the rest of the screen was the desktop screen. Instead of taking the image of the game it had taken an image of the desktop despite the fact that it had shown me a preview of the shot I had taken. So it seems I can't share these photos with you.

Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong?? m(_ _)m
    1. The screenshots are saved to your RTW folder in the "tgas" folder.
    2. If the screenshot is just black, it's because you have the in-game anti-aliasing on. As Chris Rock put it, "Turn dat OFF."

Use your Nvidia or ATI control panel to enable it outside the game instead.

Now, since this is technically meant to be a pictures thread, I'ma get all on topic on yo asses:

Crushing some rebel scumbags:

Random siege pic. Probably me attacking Croton.

Cicero's dad mayhaps?

Marching in the shadow of Mt Etna.

Screens from my Transalpine gallic killing spree. (Scipio the elder ftw)

<3ing winter battles in RS2. So much better than vanilla ones. Also, epic dusk battle:

Scipio and his posse marching through Medionlanon, freezing their arses off in a blizzard.

Siege of Capua (final battle vs. Roman Rebels ftw)

The suburbs get put to the torch >

The aftermath of an awesome ambush against a full stack of gallic tribesmen. (Scipio at it again )

Last edited by Jingles; September 06, 2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Forgot one of the pics...

Civis

I really like the second screenshot and the Mt. Etna screenshot, thanks for sharing
    +Rep

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

An artwork from me:

Great shots, JingleBombs
    Last edited by tone; September 06, 2010 at 06:58 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Some of my screens from the Disasterous Battle between the Romans and Carthage near Ariminum at the start of my Roman GC!

I also got an issue while making screens all of a sudden,and ive never encountered this before;
    About 1 in 3 of my screenshots(in battle or on the campaignmap)turn out like this;
    they appear in some kind of window ??

Any thoughts anyone ?
    Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by MorganH.; September 06, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Love the pics man. In regards to you other pics I have no Idea. Try the technical help forum. Some one might be able to help you there.
    And When he Gets to heave to st peter he will tell. One more Soldier reporting sir I've served my time in hell.

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by tylerman29 View Post
    1.It's set to high unit detail
    2.nope
    3.I will try doing that
    4.Tried this...no fps difference from the in-game or control panel really.

What is your resolution? I have found that usign smaller resolution that I have on my desktop has a slowing effect on the grafics. I personally have 1680-1050 on my desktop and at that resolution the game also works better.
    I had the same proplem on my laptop when I whas using that to play RTW and it too got worked out better with higher resolution.
    Try it out.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

How do you open TGA files? I take screenshots right then they save at my TGS Folder inside my RS2 Installation Folder, now how do I make them pictures? 'cause they're .tga files and cannot be uploaded nor viewed, someone help please.
    "Then came the ensigns encompassing the eagle, which is at the head of every Roman legion, the king, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march"-

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

♔MorganH♔: I agree that this is most likely your video card or screen resolution having a fight with RTW over what to display....and no one is winning. Try setting you in game resolution the same as your desktop resolution so they're on the same page.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

The 2nd battle of Massaila, the last of the 6 stacks they send to me

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Let's see some of these battle shots in the unedited screenshot of the week competition!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

These are of my Roman invasion force attacking Carthage. Notice one unit in the foreground and two in the far right of the background entering the seige tunnels to bring down the walls.

This is of cavalry unit entering the breach in the wall to help out those who have already entered. Notice that the collapse of the mine once it has been used has squashed some of my men who were exiting it.

And the last one is of a soldier who can be seen just standing in front of the Carthaginian King thrusting his sword into his horse, thus killing him.