Page 26 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

No no O X I R, Please continue the rampage in the name of Gallia
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Putasokinhet View Post
    O X I R, your obsession over killing/dead Romans is starting to get just a biiiit unsettling...

I don't want them near my homelands, or to threathnen me with their armies :O! They deserve to get punished then. If they weren't so power hungry I would stay away from them... but no they have to submit people who enjoy their freedom

And then they complain when you put an axe in their head :O!!

[/endstory ]

I've always enjoyed playing as barbarian factions since It's more fun when the Romans become really strong and a threath to your empire and want to invade you. I love defending my lands and now and then attack them/ambush them. In my Belgae campaign I destroyed 40% of the Roman army (only had England, Ireland + those 2 starting lands in Europe). Which was fun, but got almost impossible later since they really started focussing on destroying me.

I just like to prove that the Romans aren't invinceble. And sadly in the screens the third Roman army didn't arrive. I wish I would've slaughtered another 3.5k Romans hah. Would've been epic :O!

Hi OXIR, you must have watched the movie Centurion, haven't you?

don't always play as barbarian. be more civilised! isn't good to be civilised?

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

It depends on what you perceive as "civilised" if Romans never were, and if the so called barbarians and their ways dominated for 1000 years I'm sure we would now consider romans as backstabbing honorless dogs

Barbarian means outlander. In the immortal words of Alexander the Lucky

To me every good barbarian is a greek and every bad greek is a barbarian - Or something like that

And...

Quisqe Est Barbarus Alio - Everyine is a barbarian to someone

-------

Any way.... hers a custom battle. 1768 romans join their ancestors.(this is normal scale. I picked one dacian army against mutiple romans)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander V. Suvorov View Post
    Hi OXIR, you must have watched the movie Centurion, haven't you?

don't always play as barbarian. be more civilised! isn't good to be civilised?
    Hey, yes I did ofcourse ! Everybody who hasn't yet and visits these forums should be ashamed haha !

I don't like playing wealthy factions whom also have great technologies etc to conquer others really easyily (for example: The Romans and the Greeks). I'm really interested in people who had less, how happy they were with less. How they lived with less. How hard it was for them to keep their freedom.

Also...Who says people who weren't greek or Roman weren't civilised ? Most people had better lives before the Romans came. They had peace (sometimes a war between neighbour tribes), freedom (most important), respected nature and enjoyed their lives. They had rules aswell to keep peace. They had shelter if needed, plenty of food and water. How are they not civilised !? :O
    The Romans disturbed their lives, took away their freedom by sword and slaughtered hundreds of people. Submitting people to "civilise" them is bad if you ask me. Let them have their own culture, their own lives. In their own eyes they are already civilised.

And.. if you don't know/have something. You can't miss it can you?

Just my two cents !

@Lazy, I will continue this weekend haha. I've got a test week this week, tomorrow 2 tests and on Friday my last one! So should be up again soon for some epic Roman slaughtering haha Nice pictures by the way, sadly I can't with my laptop But the way it looks for me already is great.
    Last edited by O X I R; November 03, 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Awesome pics Lazy O. That second is awesome. +Rep

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

All manually edited apparently bloom does not work on my ancient PC

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

After i saw Lazy O pictures, i decided to play custom battle and take some screens and here they are.

In these pictures i use bloom effect and its Light bloom.

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

Quote Originally Posted by O X I R View Post
    Hey, yes I did ofcourse ! Everybody who hasn't yet and visits these forums should be ashamed haha !

I don't like playing wealthy factions whom also have great technologies etc to conquer others really easyily (for example: The Romans and the Greeks). I'm really interested in people who had less, how happy they were with less. How they lived with less. How hard it was for them to keep their freedom.

Also...Who says people who weren't greek or Roman weren't civilised ? Most people had better lives before the Romans came. They had peace (sometimes a war between neighbour tribes), freedom (most important), respected nature and enjoyed their lives. They had rules aswell to keep peace. They had shelter if needed, plenty of food and water. How are they not civilised !? :O
    The Romans disturbed their lives, took away their freedom by sword and slaughtered hundreds of people. Submitting people to "civilise" them is bad if you ask me. Let them have their own culture, their own lives. In their own eyes they are already civilised.

And.. if you don't know/have something. You can't miss it can you?

Just my two cents !
    It is true that many barbarian nations in Roman era were more civilised than we thought they were. I remember someone in this forum mentioned Dacia as an example. But Roman military conquer and influence still made many barbarian people (from Roman view) admire Roman culture and civilization. A Parthia prince held hostage at Roma refused to return Parthia to assume Parthian throne. He apparently enjoyed Roman way of life at Roma. Roman emperor Philip the Arab used Roman names since very early stage of his life which made the trace of his Arab origin difficult.

Anyway, screenshots you posted here are indeed great and please post more!

P.S. it is your signature that prompted me to watch the movie Centurion.

egor's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander V. Suvorov View Post
    It is true that many barbarian nations in Roman era were more civilised than we thought they were. I remember someone in this forum mentioned Dacia as an example. But Roman military conquer and influence still made many barbarian people (from Roman view) admire Roman culture and civilization. A Parthia prince held hostage at Roma refused to return Parthia to assume Parthian throne. He apparently enjoyed Roman way of life at Roma. Roman emperor Philip the Arab used Roman names since very early stage of his life which made the trace of his Arab origin difficult.

Anyway, screenshots you posted here are indeed great and please post more!

P.S. it is your signature that prompted me to watch the movie Centurion.
    A "little" oftopic:
    Centurion is good movie, me thinks..

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος

Few from me:
    A wonderful view

I found that when the soldiers are throwing pila, they get tired (they couldn't throw their pila and they repeatedly tried, after a while they were tired...)

This is ridiculous.... They lost more men in the water, that that l killed.
    What's the rush? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDoziHxcrc8
    Last edited by terzer; November 04, 2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O X I R View Post

I don't want them near my homelands, or to threathnen me with their armies :O! They deserve to get punished then. If they weren't so power hungry I would stay away from them... but no they have to submit people who enjoy their freedom

And then they complain when you put an axe in their head :O!!

[/endstory ]

I've always enjoyed playing as barbarian factions since It's more fun when the Romans become really strong and a threath to your empire and want to invade you. I love defending my lands and now and then attack them/ambush them. In my Belgae campaign I destroyed 40% of the Roman army (only had England, Ireland + those 2 starting lands in Europe). Which was fun, but got almost impossible later since they really started focussing on destroying me.

I just like to prove that the Romans aren't invinceble. And sadly in the screens the third Roman army didn't arrive. I wish I would've slaughtered another 3.5k Romans hah. Would've been epic :O!

I hate the Romans as well but I like to fight them as the Greeks for some reason.

One of the best victories in my account.
    Imperator Caesar is not march near Rhine river to restore order in the dangerous province. He was attacked by 2 full Cimbri stacks and one first cohort from the roman rebels. Most of them had silver chevrons and gold weapons! I decided to use defensive tactics, as the enemy outnumbers me twice and it can surround me easily. I deployed my men on a slight high ground, l easily defeated the only 1 roman rebel cohort. The first Cimbri army approached (they left 2-3 units behind to support the second army, which stayed on the battlefield entrance). I concentrated all my cavalry on my right flank, so when the moment is right to charge with 4 units. The battle began, they tried to outmanuever and flank me, but with the help of the mass cavalry l repelled the attempts. When the moment was right l charged with my cavalry on their left and they routed. With my cavalry behind their line, l easily routed the rest of the army, massacre followed. Then l regrouped my army and continued north to face the second army. However the second army was bigger than mine (also fresh men) and they immediately tried to surround me. However l unfold my line to cover my flanks and heavy engagement followed. I lost many good men, the defeat was near, but my cavalry ceased the day once more! I managed to rout their left flank and steadily progressed until almost the whole army routed. The victory was mine! I write this detailed description, because the screen shots don't show good views on the battle.

Take a look on the mini map to have a idea how was the battlefield.
    Look how many healed troops l got, because of my doctor and surgeon retinues.
    The army is on march to Rome to get proper triumph, retraining and rest. I never seen my troops to gain so many experience in a battle!
    It felt like real battle, with real tactics and makeovers (unlike 90% of the other battles, which are casual boring victories)
    The stupid thing is that my FL didn't get any traits or retinues....

p.s. The money are from non active script during the end turn. I re loaded the game.
    Last edited by terzer; November 05, 2010 at 05:33 PM.

Pergamum v Ptolemies v Macedon v Seleucids

View from the Battlefield:

The Armies
    Macedon:

Pergamum

The Ptolemies

The Seleucids

Initial Clashes

Elephants

The Main Armies Collide

And the result of the battle:

Last edited by General Brittanicus; November 06, 2010 at 01:15 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great screens General Brittanicus,+rep

Death of a General

not great but check out.....
    Please help me using the spoiler...IDK how to use it...It's kinda weird....Cuz you know..i don't know how to put the pics in between the spoiler...and I don't kinda...don't like to upload my pics any where...
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Select the pictures (the links) and click the spoiler button (the exclamation mark)

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MorganH♔ View Post
    Great screens General Brittanicus,+rep
    Same to you morgan (I also particularly like your UESW entry this week). Is that Artifex thing new as well?- maybe my mind glossed over it before, but i dont remember seeing it before.

A crapload of pictures covering the battle for southern Turkey against the potelmaics.I could make an AARopinions?Im a crap as hell writer . Fought a total of 10~ stacks with One army. Culminating in the Extermination of Patara and SIde and a takeover of Cyprus

First set Of Battles
    First Set of Battles

Lolwut???!?

We do not ask how many, but where they are
    We do not ask how many, but where they are
    RTW Diplomacy FTW