Page 18 of 121 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

It has been rebellion time in my republic, and now it's empire time. Second try, actually, the first one left me only with Dacia, it looked more like I was rebelling, not the other faction. It was pretty painful, because at the same time Pontus, who has the greatest army apart from mine, decided to attack me. They were my allies, too. Mass levying of legions, dozens of battles and a whole lot of dead Romans. And some opportunistic Cimbri and Arverni armies trying to reclaim some settlements. They had none of that.

The map looks okay, Armenia has been destroyed and Seleucid isn't far from that either. The Greeks are still holding their ground, but I think Sarmatia is coming for them. One interesting thing going on between Gaul and Germania.. the Belgae are back in business, returning to the mainland and claiming a Cimbri territory. Pretty neat. However, once I reach them they will only be able to call northern Britain as home.

Right now I'm in the process of rebuilding my legions, and advancing into Asia Minor. I think I'll leave the Belgae and Cimbri fight one another for a while, it will weaken them both.

Question, it's been a few turns since I recaptured all my settlements, my leader is currently a Dictator for Life. Will he become Emperor soon or just his heir, after he dies?

His heir.

Any chance you could post some pics of the map with armies so I can see how it all looks in terms of stacks? and your economy.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Damnit, mean to post this in the empires thread, can you move it, Tone? I'll post more details there.

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

One of my first fights with the Cimbri. It used to be fun, but I really got tired of them keep sending stacks to the border.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Why they didn't make one army instead of all those small ones...I can't tell

This doesn't look smart, but they were blocking the rear of the Cimbri army.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

Playing as Roman, my faction leader led a legion with him en route to take Segestica, held by free people. Know what, upon entering the region of Illyria from west, my army was attacked by two free people armies. Here one army was advancing towards my lines,

Here is the battle result:

Anyone one being attacked by free people before? have you suffered such heavy losses as i did? look at my army after the battle, one cohort got only 8 men left! these free guys got to be very strong so I had to retreat back to Italy to retrain my legion.

You might have had more luck if your whole army wasn't made up of hastati

You could definitely use 2 more cavalry units and maybe a couple skirmishers or slingers. The more diverse your line up is the better.
    This will cause those pesky free peoples to quake in their boots.
    Aulus Petillius Vespasianus: Patrician, Senator, Age 32

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Great screenshots. And Alexander V. Suvorov, was that an ambush that you suffered from the Illiryans??
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

I would add some pics but I accidently deleted them . They are mostly me getting owned by Hannibal on the first time when he ambushed me . Also nice pics everyone.

@Imperator_OfRome, next time I will make sure I bring more advanced and manueoverable units with me when I invade Illyria. That was the heaviest loss I ever suffered from fighting rebels (or free people by RS's name) in open field.

@The Noble Lord, it's not an ambush. You can see from the screenshots that I set up my line on top of the hill and the enemy was ascending upslope. just a set-piece battle.

Barbarian units generally have an advantage in forested areas.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Firstly, here are some photos from the second rebellion where I was trying to take back a city that had rebelled in Greece.

1. Lined up in battle formations outside the city.

2. I have never seen this building in the battle map, it was so beautiful I had to take a photo.

3. Surrounding the auxilia traitor scum and making them pay with their lives.

Secondly, here are some photos of my battle for Carthago in the early days of the Republic.

1. Here is the 2nd of three mighty Carthaginian walls that would collapse that day collapsing.

2. Here is the last desperate stand of the foe in Carthago's city centre. (I'm especially proud of this one.)

Lastly here are my men going out into the fray and them lining up outside the city walls making battle formations before the fight began. I like the 2nd one the most.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great shots Jaytee,especially the Carthago ones +rep

I took the famous city as well quite recently,but they didnt stand a chance!
    Carthago delenda est

I did tear down all buildings(if possible) and make it a wasteland to keep it Historical

One suggestion though;why dont you use minimal UI, that way youll get more screen !

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MorganH♔ View Post
    Great shots Jaytee,especially the Carthago ones +rep

I took the famous city as well quite recently,but they didnt stand a chance!
    Carthago delenda est

I did tear down all buildings(if possible) and make it a wasteland to keep it Historical

One suggestion though;why dont you use minimal UI, that way youll get more screen !
    I admit it would be better for screenshots, but I like having all my buttons available easily. Just a personal preference.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    I admit it would be better for screenshots, but I like having all my buttons available easily. Just a personal preference.
    Most of the buttons are available in 'minimal UI' as far as I can tell.

You do need to set up controls for the speeds as these buttons are missing from the UI. I set them up as Pause = Shift+P, Normal = Shift+N, Double = Shift+D and Triple = Shift+T.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Most of the buttons are available in 'minimal UI' as far as I can tell.

You do need to set up controls for the speeds as these buttons are missing from the UI. I set them up as Pause = Shift+P, Normal = Shift+N, Double = Shift+D and Triple = Shift+T.
    Pause is already p and you can speed it up with ctrl-t anyway, i just never understood why they didnt think the speed controls needed to be included in the minimal ui.

What the hell? lol

Tesla's Avatar Senator

that's iol with a capital i, been posted a lot times even in the rs1 thread

Indefinitely Banned

Wow, what a gorgeous pics. And Jaytee, how did you get that many units in one place?

some of my greatest victories with my Late Republican legions. I try to keep things accurate, so there is no auxiliary.
    H/H

Legion V I dont understand why I didn't get heroic victory over this one

Legion 1, the Macedonian were so desperate that they send everything they got to destroy me

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus Severus View Post
    Wow, what a gorgeous pics. And Jaytee, how did you get that many units in one place?
    Which photo are you referring to? If it is the one of my men going through the city gates, all I done was send them through the gates at the same time.

The last photo in the post above me is far too bright.

Here are some more photos from me.

1. Here is a battle against the Egyptians where I was lucky enough to have the high ground (Read extreme high ground).

Here are my Cretian archers looking down the beautiful valley raining down death on the foe. (Also, wouldn't you just love to sit on that hill with some friends having a beer if it were real!?)

The trail of dead making a gruesome path towards my awaiting men.

My men fighting downhill, the outcome was already painted on the walls.

2. A battle to take back a rebel city during the 2nd rebellion.

My army lined up looking on towards the soon to be crushed city.

A lovely picture of my men about to storm the breach in the city stockade, with slingers providing cover fire.

And the same group of men forcing their way through to the rebel city centre.

3. I have never seen a roman temporary fort in the battle map until now! I was so pleasantly surprised. It looked magnificent.

4. Here are two more unrelated photos.

One of fighting a rebel legion in Gaul with my Gallic III Legion. And I have just realised that there are some imposters who shouldn't be there! Look amongst the men in the middle of my formation on the left, they have a different legion's shield and bronze helmets instead of iron ones. Looking at the map there seems to be just a few too many red cohorts for them all to be from my army so I think that they may be an allied army's soldiers lining up amongst my men.

This one of my Germanica I Legion marching towards the enemy in formation.
    Last edited by Jaytee; October 12, 2010 at 09:10 AM.