Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Icon1 Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    legio alaudae was on its way to relief legio augusta that whas under siege in bagacum but caut by 2 armys of the cimbri[IMG][/IMG]the first army whas taken out real quickly to not become surrounded by the 2 army that whas rushing to help their comrades,but came to late, my legion quickly regrouped and formed a new defencive line[[IMG][/IMG]now ready to take the force of the larger army and getting incircled by the cimbri[IMG][/IMG]but what they did not know that the roman cavalry laid ambushes on both sides since they had no cavalry in support of the many heavy marcomanni swordsmen[IMG][/IMG]the roman general busy to support the flankes noticed that the center of its army whas on the brink of collapsing and ordered the hiden cavalry to attack the flanks[IMG][/IMG]nowthat the cav is there to support the auxillian infantry they quickly win and rushed to the center[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]my general and the cavalry killed all fleeing germans and prepared to hit the gaps of the central battle that whit the help of the freed infantry finnaly is going the roman way [IMG][/IMG]most of the barbarics fill be killed and the fields are full of dead body's[IMG][/IMG]they did win another heroic victory and going to massilia for replenishing the lost troops before going to bagacum and try to help legio augusta[IMG][/IMG]

The Legions triumph again.Nice,

Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Heroic victory. The best kind of victory.

You seem to get a lot of those now, are you getting some high star generals now?

Are you actually using fraps to take the pictures? Cause when I use fraps the number up in the left hand corner disappears.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

We need more people here, I can't give you rep quick enough.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

indeed think i have more heroic victorys in this campaign then in my last 3 combinedyes im using fraps,u can set it up to not have the number on the top left.i have some high star generals yes but most battles are with young generals,i have actualy trouble with my family tree.got lots of plebian and equestrian generals now since my patricians fail to get children.gone from maximus family to lentulus,but they are almost dead also, my new heir is salnitor and likely to become the new main family.here are some pics of my best generals atm
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Are you choosing your heir or letting the game choose it? How many regions have you? Are you near the second rebellion?

normaly i choose the heir myself,but without a cleer canidate in the family tree i let the game decide.i think i have around 80 regions now so yea rebellion is immenentall my money now i spend on troops.have 9 named legions and 2or3 auxillia legions,having small rebellions in gaul because i cant control them like i hoped.arvaricum and gergovia rebeled and in iberia i need to leave my good generals in the citys because i rushed to mutch,building up my city Garrisons first before they can leave
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    We need more people here, I can't give you rep quick enough.
    yea looks like just the 3 of us are posting in here.c'mon folks post some pics of the campaigns and battles here

I decided to play the same Pergamon vs Armenian battle with the same troops on both sides, Hard BAI, but play to win, me vs AI . I flipped through the maps and couldn't remember or find the original map, but since terrain was no factor I chose a flat map.
    Something I didn't check on when I originally made the roster for these armies, Armenian got near 1200 more gold for its troops and upgrades. I lost to Armenia playing the casual commentary game on Medium BAI, badly.

My plan against these tough bastards, I'll repeat earlier post

If you asked how I would have played the game if playing to a normal contest vs the AI on Hard BAI . I would have played defense. Hoarding my reserves best I could. The Armenian troops, particularly the Nakhararas were monsters.I did have excellent troops that could face them, but I would have hoped my phalanxes could have faced them to give me more time to find a weakness to exploit in the Armenian attack. Even the militia phalanx did good at holding Nakhararas troops at bay, but they were also inspired by the elite phalanx nearby.

I suspect I'd had to fight off at least one maybe two powerful flank attacks of Armenian cavalry, if successful there, I believe that would have been the turning point for me to take the initiative in the battle, if my main battle line was still holding, and that's a big if.

Setting up the pictures now, commentary only when needed. Within a hour or two.

Men fight, the gods watch, men kill, the gods watch, men are butchered and the gods watch. Men's blood is the bread of the gods. If men would stop killing the gods would start dying..
    Last edited by stackero; December 08, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Did the battle again and won this time. Wiped out their infantry, then realised that they had four units of infantry bugged out and hidden in the far corner of the map. I quit it then. Not gonna bother again.

@Stackero I used Armenian Basin.

Might play a campaign as Armenia right now, their units are cool.
    Last edited by High Fist; December 07, 2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

More half way through but fell asleep. Must sleep finish latter. zzzzzzz

Had more than half finished presentation of battle when sleep bushwacked me. I left the post live and put pc on sleep which has worked before, but this time no. It was all gone, and unable to call it back up. So starting over with the presentation. Bummer.

Pergamon and Armenian
    Me vs Ai on Hard

Note: I've had several requests from viewers asking if I could use more spoilers, because it takes a long time for some PCs to unfold pictures in such a long spoiler. Better to split them up so while reading/looking at one spoiler group another can be unfolding to keep from waiting for the PC to try to unfold so many pictures at one time. Hence, the new format of more spoilers.

My plan against these tough bastards, I repeated in an earlier post

If you asked how I would have played the game if playing to a normal contest vs the AI on Hard BAI . I would have played defense. Hoarding my reserves best I could. The Armenian troops, particularly the Nakhararas were monsters.I did have excellent troops that could face them, but I would have hoped my phalanxes could have faced them to give me more time to find a weakness to exploit in the Armenian attack. Even the militia phalanx did good at holding Nakhararas troops at bay, but they were also inspired by the elite phalanx nearby.

I suspect I'd had to fight off at least one maybe two powerful flank attacks of Armenian cavalry, if successful there, I believe that would have been the turning point for me to take the initiative in the battle, if my main battle line was still holding, and that's a big if.

EDIT
    In huge battles I always give the AI 1000-1500 extra in gold, which a good part goes to the General and some other units experience, armor and weapons. The AI needs a little help even on Hard. And it made for one hell of a battle.
    Confession; I gave 1600 extra gold to the AI in the first battle earlier in this thread in which I lost. but in this one, I gave them 1200 extra gold. So hiss and boo me for a coward, but on hard, the Armenian Army is bad ass without any help.

Yeah that's right. Come get some. There's many names of Armenians on the end of our blades.

My setup

What's a matter boys ? Afraid of a little spear point.

Cavalry charging my pike men. Yep, going good so far.

Ah, there comes a flank attack I was expecting, but had to throw three reserve units at the cataphracts to contain and start killing them off.

Things going fine. But wait, whats this. The Armenian General is charging through my phalanx slaying them left and right. His unmounted Nakhararas troops following close behind to cover his flanks. I'm sure that was just a fluke of the AI's, you think?

Oh man, the Armenian leader is bearing down straight for my leader, lance aimed.

Playing it smart, I pull back my general, but The Armenian General still comes still slaying his way to my general. I throw all of what reserves I have left, a heavy squadron of cavalry and my elite swordsmen into the fight.

Still he comes on like an unstoppable hurricane. I may have to risk my General after all.

But so far, I'm holding all over the battle field and even in the process of destroying his flanking cataphracts

Just as I thought I was going to have to charge into the fight, the Armenian General is killed. Well, that's it then battle over for them, some of their troops start retreating, but not all. Many of my best troops have been badly mauled and I still had a fight on my hands.

Hard fighting continues. What the hell. Aren't they supposed to be fleeing now.

Finally its over

Note on Battle. I do not think I would have won this battle if the Armenia General hadn't of been killed. The majority of his troops kept fighting hard after his death, what if he hadn't of been slain? The battle was still a near thing without him.

Good thread to see alot of stuff brought together to maybe learn from. Many from this very RS2 thread.

Come on then!, who else thinks Rome Total War or its mods is better than Total War: Rome 2 is it just me ?.
    Pictures and vids pages and post# so there's no need to hunt them down. some pics may have been removed. Just click the post#
    Last edited by stackero; May 09, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Did the battle again and won this time. Wiped out their infantry, then realised that they had four units of infantry bugged out and hidden in the far corner of the map. I quit it then. Not gonna bother again.

@Stackero I used Armenian Basin.

Might play a campaign as Armenia right now, their units are cool.

Well. I'm sures heck not going to fight those Armenians anytime soon.

I was using huge formations but as long as terrain played no role, shouldn't make no difference in the outcome.
    Last edited by stackero; December 07, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

GJ, nice battle. :
    That
    Armenian general was a beasht. The dismounted Nakharars following him is pretty epic.

So I played Armenia for a few hours on H/M. I'm stretched pretty thin. Have to rely mainly on horse archers and I'm outnumbered in almost every battle. The Seleucids and Pontics are the only factions I'm in contact with atm, and I'm at war with both.

Having cavalry-heavy armies means I'm outnumbered all of the time and that means... Heroic victories.

This
    was in one sitting and isn't half of the battles I've fought.

Yeah. I'm itching to get back into a campaign. I got one RS2.6 playing the Macedonians I need to get back too. Plus Two Roman games. 2.5 w/Primo' s 4tpy and 2.6 2tpy playing for a rebellion and to top that off I've been meaning to test a new 4tpy for 'the man, the myth, the legend.

But I keep stopping to fight custom battles or deal with life. and cant decide which game to go back to. Dump the 2.5 I think. Then go from there, but like now, I got some mean looking vids from that fight with the Armenians. Think I'll post'em later.

Keep them pics coming and keep me updated on your campaign.
    Last edited by stackero; December 08, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    indeed think i have more heroic victorys in this campaign then in my last 3 combinedyes im using fraps,u can set it up to not have the number on the top left.i have some high star generals yes but most battles are with young generals,i have actualy trouble with my family tree.got lots of plebian and equestrian generals now since my patricians fail to get children.gone from maximus family to lentulus,but they are almost dead also, my new heir is salnitor and likely to become the new main family.here are some pics of my best generals atm
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Nice. When opportunity presents itself, maybe just a few pictures of a battle engagement or two. Just enough to stir the iron in our blood, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Those damn Armenians

Here Come the lads

the walls come tumbling down

In go the Boys

The fight between my boys and Armenian elite troops

Those damn Armenian's creating choke point

send in the cav

Ah here comes the reinforcement

NOOOOO my Cav have been wiped out

KILL EM ALL

At last those insolent Armenians are vanquished

Hey onmy6 ,when we going to see some action like this again. Short and sweet is fine if that's all the time you have for.

yea onmy6 let us enjoy more of them.

just hit the rebellion,looks like they liked the eastrn part the most[IMG][/IMG] ps,can somebody explain me how i can to a picture of the map only

You'll have to crop it with Microsoft Paint, use "Select", drag a box around what you want to crop and then hit "Crop". You can resize it then if you want, but it makes it too blurry IMO. Try it though and see what you think.

All of Greece gone, what a pain in the arse.

Have they many armies kicking about? And are they post or pre Marian?
    Last edited by High Fist; December 09, 2013 at 01:37 PM.