Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 555809596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2407

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Tiro

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    Nice army composition Zydrius. Leaves you flexible against any barbarian army or other most factions types for that matter.
    Thanks! Actually what you see here is 4/5 strenght of a legion + some reinforcements (1 general + 3 antisegnani* units).

*Appologies if written incorectly.

Here's picture from my struggles against Carthage. They gathered some stacks (I've counted 7 heading my way). By taking Nemausus I've opened a corridor to roman lands for them. Not a big suprise that soon afterwards they arranged exploration or family trip (8 family members in one stack):

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Icon1 Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Started a new 0-turn Roman campaign
    Unlike the first time i fought this battle , in which i suffered a grave defeat at the hands of the carthaginian army led by Hannibal , this time i managed to defeat them with a decisive victory in which Hannibal alongside his army feel to the might of the Roman Republic

Out of curiosity, was you able to kill Hannibal early in the battle? Did it take a while or did he escape? I see a skull. Was that the late great Hannibal?

Edit:Wait? What? You have 7 enemy stacks headed your way. I assume you have a plan?
    Last edited by stackero; November 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by stackero View Post
    Out of curiosity, was you able to kill Hannibal early in the battle? Did it take a while or did he escape? I see a skull. Was that the late great Hannibal?
    It was somewhere towards the end. First he charghed into my main line and after he lost some of his men he retreated and with my general i managed to kill him

Part 2. = Continued From Post #2077" EDIT: 4 pic added here.

The four cohorts of the 7th.

Ah! I sez me a Roman head.

"The Gauls keep coming and to further drain the cohorts morale, they can see more Gauls standing far to the back waiting their turn. Waving Roman decapitated heads at them as a taunt and morale killer.
    http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...b404c.mp4.html

A crucial decision by the Centurion guarding the back of the Square formation. He sees to his left the great pressure the cohort there is under. And reading the fear in the one Gallic unit of conscripts facing his cohort at a distance and assuming their reluctance to enter the fray, he orders his cohort to charge the Gauls to his left(west) hoping to break those gauls before the gap in the line is noticed.http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...a0344.mp4.html" /> Relieving the flank for a few moments.

The Centurion decision was near fatal. Shorty after his charge the timid Gallic unit charged the gap, but the Centurion was prepared and quickly recalled his disciplined cohort and plug the hole.But the Gauls saw a weakness there and threw some of their best heavy swordsmen into that area.

The Roman auxiliary tried to stop the near break in the line there. Luckily, the auxiliary cavalry had not abandoned the field with the death of their general. The captain and his men still want a little payback in Gallic blood for their lost comrades in the ambush that slew half their number. Its captain saw where a charge or two might help relieve some pressure on the Square formation which was thinning rather quickly.
    http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...b341e.mp4.html 30sec
    Unfortunately, the cavalry captain and his brave men on their second charge get entangled with the fierce Gauls and are cut down.

'Hold the line'.

The Gauls keep coming and dying in large numbers.

The auxiliary Roman inf where overwhelmed, and wiped out by a ferocious charge of heavy swordsmen and spear men.

The Romans were exhausted but were still a killing machine as the howling Gauls came on in waves. The square was breaking down, but the number of Gauls dying and fleeing were starting to mount.

Seeing the men faltering a young Roman standard bearer drew his gladius, ran to the thickest of the fighting and swayed in, shouting, "Roma Victor", protect the standard. Roma Victor.' This had an immediate effect on the men, and without a lot of breath to be shouting, the words 'Roma Victor' spread through the ranks like fire, renewing the cohorts strength and effort.
    http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...b30f1.mp4.htmlSuddenly, a large number of Gauls exhausted and bloodied, turned and ran. But still, there where many elite Gallic heavy swordsmen fighting on.

What seemed like days of fighting to both sides, the armies have split into two separate battles but the Romans start to get the upper hand.http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...f7106.mp4.html

As the battle becomes confused into one mass of battling men the Gallic Chieftain makes a decision.http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...ac688.mp4.html" />

But the ruse of faking a retreat then recharging the backs of the Romans failed.And as the Gauls wavered the Chieftain and his men were flanked from the other side and the battle was other.
    http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...151ac.mp4.html" />http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...eaef1.mp4.html" />
    Roll Call.

Dispatch from the last remaining senior Centurion, of the 4 cohorts of the 7th Legion. To my Commander and Chief , Julius Caesar.

"I regret to inform you Sir, that your four cohorts have been depleted to less than the equivalence of one cohort in a fierce battle only days ago. I sincerely apologize in failing in my duty and will present myself to you within days for your judgment. And I should add, there are few Gauls now on your southern flank.

With Strength, Loyalty, Honor and Faithful unto Death, Marcus Sento Marus

NOTE: To anyone who watches/reads this post, whether you liked it or not I would appreciated feedback not on how much I need to improve my skills, (that's self evident, though tips would not be ignored) but I'm curious if the pictures mixed with short videos throw off the flow of the story, good or bad as it may be.

Not trying to write a novel, just entertain those you like this kind of thing, Should it only be pictures or go only videos, like heading off to youtube? I suspect further posts like this, if I do anymore, will be of shorter duration. This one almost got long enough for the ARR dept.If you have the time to give an opinion, Post or drop a message and be honest. Thanks.

EDIT: 4 pics added here.
    Last edited by stackero; May 10, 2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling, again!
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Nice small aar,can you make one about a fullstack army
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    Nice small aar,can you make one about a fullstack army
    Any ideas. While I can set the situation up between two armies I let the AI co-author a good part of the story, I'm not trying to be the genius general fighting against a weak AI.

Give the AI some slack and it 'll help write a story. Actually,more like, commentary on the on going battle with only occasionally injecting a named person.

May not be everybody's cup of tea, many or most may prefer AARs to this type. But these commentaries/stories can be interesting and maybe sometimes good entertainment.

I'd like to see more people do these mini stories. i'm likely to go lighter on the videos, I fear too many break the mood of the story. PIc,then vid, pic, then vid. Just guessing.

Not sure when I'll get around to doing another but feel free to put your 2 cents in or make one yourself. Remember, let the AI help write the story, don't try to beat it down like in a normal game.

May sound strange letting the AI help co-author a story, but i've practiced alot at what I'm talking about and many times the Ai will surprise you. Maybe no Academy Awards but enough to make it interesting to work with the Ai to make a story/commentary you'd like to make.

Wow, almost reached the rant threshold. I'll shut up now. Thanks for your support. Good gaming.

Edit: I did have a minor one about the march of the !0,000 Greeks planned, Not the major battle of Cunuxa, but many of the possible small engagements in their retreat from Persia.
    Last edited by stackero; November 26, 2013 at 07:26 AM.

yea pergamon against armeniaim not mutch of a story teller myself and even less when not in motherlanguesh.(sorry for spelling)and only with pics,no vids.i dont mind them but cant watch them on my smartphone
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Good job. Both on the pics and the actual battle. :
    I'd prefer a few less videos personally. Oh, and I'd like if there were no spoilers for the pictures. Just put a spoiler around the whole post and leave the actual pictures out in the open then (yes, I know I did the same thing myself, it just occurred to me )

If you wanna see some really well put together battles in an AAR, check out Skantarios' AAR in the Stainless Steel forum, in the Med2:Kingdoms modifications forum if you didn't know.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

yea pergamon against armeniaim not mutch of a story teller myself and even less when not in motherlanguesh.(sorry for spelling)and only with pics,no vids.i dont mind them but cant watch them on my smartphone
    Which faction do you prefer to follow in a battle. Remember, most of the time I pit armies to have an equal chance to win if I play close to the AI level. Although, in the 4 cohorts story, I gave the small force Romans a lot of moral and armor, but I would have bet money that the Gauls were going to win that fight. Admittedly, not alot of exciting maneuvering or tactics, just the moment by moment struggle of a surrounded force trying to survive.

Larger armies meeting head on can be more fun but more time in commentary on the events. You don't have to be much of a story teller,(I'm not) be more like a news reporter describing and commenting on the events of the battle rather than an author writing a story of a full campaign and all its battles. I'm not saying prose and words don't count for much, but write to please yourself then expand from there.

Yeah. Going softer on the vids. Sometimes maybe none.

Good Gaming. Thanks for feedback. I'll be checking out the troop roster for Pergamon and Armenia shortly.
    Last edited by stackero; November 26, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Good job. Both on the pics and the actual battle. :
    I'd prefer a few less videos personally. Oh, and I'd like if there were no spoilers for the pictures. Just put a spoiler around the whole post and leave the actual pictures out in the open then (yes, I know I did the same thing myself, it just occurred to me )

If you wanna see some really well put together battles in an AAR, check out Skantarios' AAR in the Stainless Steel forum, in the Med2:Kingdoms modifications forum if you didn't know.
    Spoiler idea, done. Maybe with exceptions. Yes, less vids, if any.

I've read alot of AARs, great stuff. Makes you wonder why the hell Hollywood can't come up with an ounce of the creativity that's in the AARs in these forums alone. Great scripts here for blockbuster movies if you ask me.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by stackero; November 26, 2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling

I haven't read many AARs really, only that one. Wouldn't like to spend all of my time on that anyway as I'm usually meant to be doing something. Like right now, in fact, I have two essays to write and a project for agricultural science that is a month late.

Yay final year of school.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    I haven't read many AARs really, only that one. Wouldn't like to spend all of my time on that anyway as I'm usually meant to be doing something. Like right now, in fact, I have two essays to write and a project for agricultural science that is a month late.

Yay final year of school.
    Then get to it. A new era will soon be opening up to you, and congratulations on your last year. But no more getting behind.

Well, over the last 8-9 years I've read maybe 2 dozen ARRs and enjoyed or at least liked all but one. There's just so many to pick from , where to start.

Good gaming and good luck with school, oh scratch that, you make your own luck when it comes to working your way through school.
    Last edited by stackero; November 26, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

If I were going to 'report" or make 'commentary' on a battle between Pergamon and Armenia, this is what I'd pick for the setup.(below) Still not a full army,but enough to give it a go and both are equal in power. Just an example, let me know what you think, can change the army roster or faction to play, battlefield was random but in Asia Minor.

You can't pick named generals in custom battles but that doesn't mean you can't give him a name if you so chose, to fit in your story. But the only way to simulate a great General is giving him good body guards and high experience and lots of armor. Makes a leader a real bad ass in a fight, but can still be killed.

Pergamon setup

Armenian setup

Pergamon General

Armenian General

Pergamon troops

Armenian troops

Armenian troops

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Send in the tanks WOOHOO

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Nice Picies Stack mean looking army you got there

Nice onmy6, real nice. Like the colors too, fits the desert setting very well.

nice setup stackero but ishoud drop the barbaric units for pure hellenic army,but thats up to you, iff you deside to play as pergamon you up to a hard fight, that infantry of Armenia are badass.

I'd even double the number of phalanxes in both armies, since you have the room. Keeps the ratio of phalanx-to-phalanx and there should be more phalanxes anyway.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Those damn Armenians

Here Come the lads

the walls come tumbling down

In go the Boys

The fight between my boys and Armenian elite troops

Those damn Armenian's creating choke point

send in the cav

Ah here comes the reinforcement

NOOOOO my Cav have been wiped out

KILL EM ALL

At last those insolent Armenians are vanquished

Excellent. onmy6, nice pics. Like to see you and others do this. Its short, doesn't take long unless its a massive siege and its entertaining. rep ya for it.