Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45479949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2407

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

ah, 10 star general.. looking very nice!

Abydos lolwat?

Probably ddicded to change his name when he released he was going up against 1.5+ legion with only 135 men ^^

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Haha, I remember there was an Iulius Caesar someone had posted on the forums aaages ago. Don't think Julius ever popped up though.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Icon1 Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

A few pics from awhile back.

Romans vs Macedonian phalanx. A small battle, but revealing.

The Macedonian Militia vs the iron men of Rome, Should be no contest. In numbers, a slight edge to the Macedonians.

As the first pic shows, the miltia phalanx hold the Romans at bay.

Time passes and still the milita hold. It's one skirmish unit fleeing. Its two light cav engage the right Roman flank cav.
    If only there where Macedonian Heavy Cav hammering the enemy flanks like in days of old. If only.

Still the Militia held, but the Roman legionaries begin to slowly flank the phalanx. Same story across the battlefield.

Flanked, and now the front of the deadly wall of sarissa are now being bypassed. It's light cav defeat the Roman cav but are no further use after. We know the rest of the story.
    The militia phalanx did more than could be expected of them. If only they'd had the right kind of support while they held against superior soldiers. Now, they fight on, waiting for death as another victorious cohort is about to charge their flank.

Note: Don't know why mouse pointer says the militia is Carthaginian. Custom battle glitch I suppose.

Sorry, I couldn't can't find the pics of the final demise of the Macedonians. Maybe its for the best.
    I played as the Romans, but played as I believed most overconfident Roman Generals would have fought the battle. Mainly relying on the discipline of the Legions to win, without troubling with tactics or maneuver.

EDIT: FOUND THIS RECENTLY. http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...01b11.mp4.html
    Last edited by stackero; November 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Yours or High Fist's general I would not want to meet on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    nice pics here is my first 10star roman general ever in roma surrectum
    [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

You don't know the half of it.

I'm
    a bit later on into the campaign now. Spain is mine and I'm moving into Greece.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice pics people.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

What is production in the charts? Is it how much you're building or what? Apparently my production took a huge hit recently.

BTW, Greece is really rich. I took 4 settlements and my income has skyrocketed.
    Last edited by High Fist; November 19, 2013 at 06:16 AM.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post

I'm
    WOW how the hell did you get that many big star generals??did you have only heroic victorys or what?+rep
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post

I'm

Damn, do they bother taking an army with them. Nice.

im getting there to[IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/cmr9.png/]
    [/URL][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/6a3d.png/][/URL][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Yeah, Sagunton was littered with Heroic Victory statues, they aren't there any more though. That's annoying, I was enjoying showing off.

lol,im trying to match you but its not easy

I'm actually lacking in good commanders now. Vibius Atellus (from the last page) is the only good general I have now. All the others have passed away, and are sorely missed.

Started a new 0-turn Roman campaign
    Unlike the first time i fought this battle , in which i suffered a grave defeat at the hands of the carthaginian army led by Hannibal , this time i managed to defeat them with a decisive victory in which Hannibal alongside his army feel to the might of the Roman Republic

Part 1 . EDIT: 4 pics added here.
    'Four cohorts' of Caesar's 7th legion have been ordered to burn their fort and to march with all haste to him. 1 cohort of auxiliary infantry recon the front of the column and a young General riding with his cohort of auxiliary cavalry leading the way.
    Stragglers soon meet the army and tell of the massacre of other Roman cohorts and soon, over the horizon, the largest horde of Gauls any Roman had ever seen appears.

The Horde is here

Centurions start barking orders to form up and as it quickly becomes apparent the cohorts are outnumbered at least 5-1, a square formation is hurriedly called for. The auxiliary infantry ordered to the center with orders to stop any breakthrough. The line must hold.

The stragglers shout, don't let them take you alive. We've seen what they do to those they capture.

The young General refuses to enter the protection of the formation and decides its better if he harasses the enemy from a far and gallops off. A few curse words licking at his back.

The fight in on as the Gauls complete their encirclement. Their warcries's. drums, horns and the beating of spears and swords on shields is deafening. The Centurions must shout orders loudly to be heard. Hundreds of heads of earlier slaughtered Romans Legionnaires are thrown into the Roman formation.

Stampeding horde for Roman heads to take as trophies.

'Die Romans, All Romans must die.'

"By the gods", one legionnaire exclaimed," I believe there's more Gauls than trees in the forest."
    There is some fear and concern among the men of the cohorts, but they know their experience and discipline has won them many battles and their Centurions continually remind them of this in various ways.There was no one man in charge, the Centurions know what's needed done without being told.

Vid shows;
    A Gaulic unit pushed too far into the Roman square and now finds itself being cut down from front and back. But what's that horn a blowing. Fresh Gaulic troops are called in from the NE corner.
    http://s819.photobucket.com/user/sta...a6493.mp4.html" />30 sec vid.
    "Watch your flank", shouted a Centurion.

"Has the whole Gallic nation come upon us" cried a legionnaire as he falls back from the fighting and collapses exhausted. A Centurion, acting a bit like this was just another drill, chastised the soldier.
    "But I,m too tired cried the man. The Centurion slapped the sheath of his gladius,"better tired than dead now get back to it. Kill or be killed", he shouted. The legionnaire jumped back up and entered the fray.

The General and his cavalry were ambushed in the woods, the General killed. At least that would be the story the auxiliary captain would tell.

To find out the fate of the four Legionary cohorts in their desperate fight stay tune to this channel.

EDIT: 4 pics added here.

PS, I don't believe this would be labeled a AAR. Its short and ends with the next posting.
    Last edited by stackero; December 07, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Tiro

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

I've got one cool picture. At the end of the battle one Boii Champion got pictured in astonishing state of grace! (right bottom corner)

Invisible push! With such powerful technique romans would have conquered Mars and beyond. Sadly, hardly any spaceship was present at that time .

Last edited by Zydrius; November 23, 2013 at 04:12 PM.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Icon1 Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Nice army composition Zydrius. Leaves you flexible against any barbarian army or other most factions types for that matter.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    nice pics here is my first 10star roman general ever in roma surrectum
    [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    How can I get these minimap?Sorry for offtopic.

The borders? Here's how.
    You go into RS2 -> Data -> IMPORTANT_STUFF -> Region_Borders_Visible. There will be a list of all of the campaigns. Choose the campaign that you are playing and copy the "descr_sm_factions" there.

Then go back into the main RS2 and choose whatever campaign you're playing. For example: RS2 -> Play_One_Turn -> data. Paste the "descr_sm_factions" here and overwrite.

Nice wee battle story thing Stackero. I'd rep but apparently I already did, so there's a present in the mail for you.