Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Icon1 Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    @dvk, I think so and yes. How do I disable the anti virus for RS? Think I did it ages ago but can't remember.

@Stackero, You ninja'd me and I didn't even notice. To be fair, I think the only reason I won was because the third army bugged out or, shall we say, "betrayed" the other tribes and stayed out of it. It doesn't really look like it, but I was under a fair deal of pressure in the first battle. Had I not the AI reinforcements I might have been able to take at most one of the armies out.

Thank you for your kind words and support over this CTD. This has been a very tough time for me, and I appreciate your considerations.

No, you look at it wrong. That 3rd army didn't betray their allies, their commander saw the whipping you gave those other two and decided, discretion was the better part of valor.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

Tiro

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Wow – I have never seen destroyed ballista on the battlefield. AI rained flaming arrows and ran into some luck flaring one of ballistas.

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Yeah looks awesome doesn't it, great screen capture btw the rolling hills in the background look amazing, gee dvk901 is a freaking legend

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    Yeah looks awesome doesn't it, great screen capture btw the rolling hills in the background look amazing, gee dvk901 is a freaking legend
    !00% what onmy6 said about the great picture and dvk901.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Not only dvk and tone, all that helped to create tis awesome mod ar legends IMHO
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Fourth-ed.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    You might like this one too! The scenery of Parthian hills:

„There can be greater mods than Roma Surrectum 2, but simply there are none!“, Zydrius

Tiro

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Parthian 1-turn campaign. Seleucids are real badasses. Not only they have shrinked the kingdom of Armenia, but they are also giving a hard time to Ptolemaics. Parthian Kingdom is on the defensive stance, repelling invasion stack after stack. Some recent victories gave some breath and replenished main Parthian army made invasion on their own into Seleucid's teritorry.

Expedition near the Rhagae (Media region) lead into an underpowered offensive battle 1 vs 2 stacks. Brave parthians, even when outnumbered 1:2,5, due to nearly endless volleys of arrows and roliing tanks-cataphracts achieved desicive victory.

But celebrations where short. Travelling merchants informed about another enemy stack closing into parthians positions. Desperate in situation and not fully recovered after previous battle parthians ralied a defence on a hilly terrain. Cavalry was deployed on a flat surface and archers took positions in the hill. „They will never reach us and we will give them a warm welcome“ – said parthian general.

Here's some pics of how pre-battle looked like:

Plan didn't go so well, because of game mechanics archers had a hard time shooting from above: some arrows were absorbed by the edge of the hill, so when enemy closed in, archers had to manouver to a lower ground.

Aftermath. Though parthians were expecting only to tear down enemy forces and then retreat back to the hills, massive seleucid forces were crushed and another victory was achieved!

Unfortunately, after this battle parthians were attacked by another small stack of Seleucids. Though I could have won easily, I was afraid of CTD if I might play this battle, so I used autoresolve and remainings of parthian army were crushed like bugs. The saddest part was that my hero general was killed .
    Last edited by Zydrius; December 24, 2013 at 03:28 AM.

Icon1 Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    Parthian 1-turn campaign. Seleucids are real badasses. Not only they have shrinked the kingdom of Armenia, but they are also giving a hard time to Ptolemaics. Parthian Kingdom is on the defensive stance, repelling invasion stack after stack. Some recent victories gave some breath and replenished main Parthian army made invasion on their own into Seleucid's teritorry.

Expedition near the Rhagae (Media region) lead into an underpowered offensive battle 1 vs 2 stacks. Brave parthians, even when outnumbered 1:2,5, due to nearly endless volleys of arrows and roliing tanks-cataphracts achieved desicive victory.

But celebrations where short. Travelling merchants informed about another enemy stack closing into parthians positions. Desperate in situation and not fully recovered after previous battle parthians ralied a defence on a hilly terrain. Cavalry was deployed on a flat surface and archers took positions in the hill. „They will never reach us and we will give them a warm welcome“ – said parthian general.

Here's some pics of how pre-battle looked like:

Plan didn't go so well, because of game mechanics archers had a hard time shooting from above: some arrows were absorbed by the edge of the hill, so when enemy closed in, archers had to manouver to a lower ground.

Aftermath. Though parthians were expecting only to tear down enemy forces and then retreat back to the hills, massive seleucid forces were crushed and another victory was achieved!

Unfortunately, after this battle parthians were attacked by another small stack of Seleucids. Though I could have won easily, I was afraid of CTD if I might play this battle, so I used autoresolve and remainings of parthian army were crushed like bugs. The saddest part was that my hero general was killed .

Nice. Awesome fight, but as I read you were fighting multiple armies I fear you too would end your battle with CTD. With My older PC I always had to play with "unlimited men on battlefield off" for about 1 in 5 of those type of battles ended with CTD.

Bummer about having to end that way. But let us know on occasion how's the campaign progressing. Pictures would be nice when possible. Some of us are junkies for such.

Good gaming.

I have to restart my Roman campaign. Well, I already did, but I got no further than killing Hannibal. Then I broke down crying looking at all the I have to do again.

Might post a few pics here every now and then. Quietened down here a bit.

i cant see any pictures or avatars,whats wrong with this site
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i cant see any pictures or avatars,whats wrong with this site
    I had the same problem recently, I'm using Firefox. Here's what helped.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

here is a picture of my progress against the roman rebels,have taken back their iberia,gallic,greek and adriatic regions.now lining up to attack the danuba frontier and trace
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    .[IMG]
    [/IMG] and here is a picture of the awesome sceenery of the map,its taken west of edessa near the lake
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]

Enjoying your high end graphics you ?

Oh, that thing you told me to do really helped with the battles, so thanks a mill for that. Really helps my wee laptop out.

glad i can help

I always found Stonehenge-like structures in Dacia and around, often some temples or ruins. But that's something new:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4ujnf2nlz...5-48-29-29.png

Looks like an ancient crypt with many tombstones. I had a large battle against 2 Roman armies with many, many dead bodies and there's a crypt. Irony!

DarkHeart's Avatar Foederatus

Can you guys picture a Spartan empire? I can picture everything else, but I JUST CAN'T picture a Spartan empire..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    Can you guys picture a Spartan empire? I can picture everything else, but I JUST CAN'T picture a Spartan empire..

Maybe I've had to much eggnog tonight, but I do believe DarkHeart is suggesting or even challenging someone to show their Spartan Empire Pictures, anyone, anyone. Surely there is one.

If not, then let the war begin. Let all nations tremble, the Spartans are assembling and word has been sent to all allies to prepare to march, and as soon as their general gets some sleep....well then...we'll just see....

Hm, I can make some... I have an ongoing Spartan campaign...

Everyone, now look in the new Empires thread for the Spartans!
    Last edited by Darth Bane1; December 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Hint

Tiro

1. Here's one great ancilary which impressed me a lot! I have never seen it in roman campaign and saw it only once in Parthian campaign. Corruption must be stopped!!!

2. Seleucids chariots are devastating against cavalry (poor Dahae Nobles):

3. Some nice battle pics:

4. Even romans are no match for free people!

Last edited by Zydrius; January 02, 2014 at 03:22 AM.