Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

Here's a couple of pics from a battle against Hannibal in my roman campaign. M/M
    Last edited by crossjon; November 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The ennemy.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Why is this allowed?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

That's an error in the original RTW files. Apparently, that building has no 'collision file' to prevent units from going thru it. I think it's one of only a few that do that.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Why is this allowed?
    Heh, that reminds me of a glitch I experienced in my old SPARTAAA campaign, which I have dubbed the "Ghost Ram" glitch. Basically what happened was as ram was approaching my walls and it phased right through it, including the soldiers pushing it. Didn't have fraps running at the time but I got a crappy screenshot of it soon after it had phased through the wall:

New unedited screenies from my Spartan campaign

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

As my troops run down the rest of hannibals army. He put up a good fight, but resistance is futile
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Great shots again Thoas.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    As my troops run down the rest of hannibals army. He put up a good fight, but resistance is futile
    WOW. nice job owning hanny.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Few from my Roman campaign.

Here, my faction leader defends his ground against an Insubre army in the Po Valley.

This one is from the siege of Carthago Nova. After taking the city, the Carthaginians sent three stacks to take it back the next turn. In this case, I took my reserve troops out of the city and back up the very siege equipment the Carthaginians used to assault the city.

EDIT: Photobucket messes up the quality somewhat . Also, I'm not sure if the Dark Bloom option is working? Thoas, your screenshots (which are great by the way) look as if they have far more contrast?

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Thoas, your screenshots (which are great by the way) look as if they have far more contrast?
    I use the dark bloom. some of the screens are taken with the sun infront of the camera.
    I turned off the game's antialiasing and runs it from the graphic card. (nvidia gt240 with 1GB ram), took the screenies with Fraps and resize them with photoshop.
    I run win7 ultimate 64bit in an i7 860, 4gb ram PC and an LG 22' Led monitor
    I have no clue if any of the above affects in any way how the bloom effect or the game in general appears in my screen. and in the screen-shots.
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

So many great shots and much rep given. I cannot for my copy to finish downloading after seeing the amazing pic's everyone has done.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Awesome pictures everyone, I think I'll join the fray and post some too.

So my Campaign is rolling along nicely, Hannibal is defeated, conquered Genoa (All H/H btw), but I'm taking my beatings though, so it's not all bliss. This is especially noticeable in Southern Italy where the Roman Rebels are hammering me, so with a few maneuvering and tactical withdrawals on some of the settlements I owned, I finally got to a point where I thought I'd wrap things up down south. So I sent a Legion of about 3600 men to re-claim the settlement of Tarentum, against the 2000 inside.

No problem right? LOL, wrong, only problem is those 2000 men looks like they were made up of former legions or whatever because they were stacked with experience, and not to mention silver icon sword and shields, and the result wasn't pretty

Now some of the aftermath of the battle:

Overhead view of the front gates where most of the carnage took place..

A little close-up view of the aftermath in the front gates

Even with all that carnage upfront, I was able to sneak about 4 infrantry units down the backside, and tried for a last ditch effort of getting the City Flag, unfournatly waiting for me there was a unit of Tajrii Spearmen, and 1 Cohort Unit, no problem right? Well, as the front gates proved, I was quite wrong.

The worst part about the battle near the city flag, is eventually I did overcame the units there, with a nice flanking maneuvering by one of my cohorts, and then I took the Flag, so I thought I was going to save disastrous defeat into a least a victory, but all my units in the front gates finally buckled and started to retreat. The counter ticked down, and I came to within 1 MINUTE!!, of the flag turning over before that unit of Cohort that you just saw in that picture (Only thing left if it's entire 2,041 force) cross the barrier and stopped the count down. By then my units were done, as I had only about 60 units left in the center to face that cohort still about 140 men strong.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, as I did have a back-up plan just in case, shown by this picture:

And so hopefully that fresh legion, lead by one of the Consuls can mop up the 300 troops left in Tarentum, or at least I hope, and I'll find out later tonight!

Well, hope you enjoyed the screenies, sorry that I did not have actual battle shots, as I didn't think to start taking pictures till it was practically over. Or maybe it was the fact that I just lost 3500 men to force of just 2000 and was still baffled by that, so not sure.. haha.
    Last edited by mp84; September 06, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    In launcher turn of high res units, i also have lagg, when i turn of this, games runs great.
    I kept the units high res but lowered the vegetation to medium and it runs perfect. Helps to have 4 gigs of RAM

Libertus

Some gorgeous and interesting screens on here,keep 'em coming!

A dozen shots from a battle I never actually fought as I was too busy admiring the eye-candy:

Absolutely love this headgear,probably because I'm so used to seeing Indian helmets. Getting a life size replica,someday.

Say 'cheese' Fail.

Here they come:

Damn,forgot to hide the timeline...

On life,energy,and nature:

"Indra hath ever close to him his two bay steeds and word-yoked car,Indra the golden,thunder-armed"

A soft,eerie glow lightens up the field as darkness descends upon the forests:

Sorry if there's too many!

-- added spoilers to last two (Brusilov)
    The last image does not work.
    Also there are some shots where you've left in the blue line at the bottom
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 07, 2010 at 06:06 AM.

Pics of battles from my Scythia campaign:

Awesomeness of Scythian Heavy Cav causes spearman to go Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Recipients of a thousand or so arrows:

Backflips, the Falxmens' strategy for dodging arrows:
    It's not very effective

What about 1700 horse archers look like on the field:

1700 horse archers loose their arrows:

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Thoas View Post
    I use the dark bloom. some of the screens are taken with the sun infront of the camera.
    I think that's it.
    If that's not working untick and tick the bloom setting in the launcher and choose dark bloom again.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Hey all sorry for the nob question, but when you take screens where do they save to?. I took some last night but I can't find where they when to.
    And When he Gets to heave to st peter he will tell. One more Soldier reporting sir I've served my time in hell.

Libertus

Hm,I'd uploaded only twelve screens in my post so it ends with the zoomed out shot,not sure what happened there,Brusilov. Sorry about the blue line,though,forgot to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshamrock. View Post
    Hey all sorry for the nob question, but when you take screens where do they save to?. I took some last night but I can't find where they when to.
    If you're using print-screen it should be in the 'tgas' folder in the root directory.