Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Post your pictures here!

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Post your pictures here!

24k+ troop custom battle

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What settings and what rig?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Let's continue with some Romans:

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys who can send pics(or a pic) of recruitable units of Armenian faction in RSII.You can just send me unit card of all the units in one pic.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Hey Tone.

Have i7 920
    6gb corsair Tri-channel memory
    Ati 5780 grahics card
    everything on high/huge units

i have been able to get up to 60k but lag city until alot of men die.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

My awful pix

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    My awful pix

your last pic is very cool, reality of war the death of soldiers.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Yes, I did (on M/M), it was tough though.
    What underhand tactics have you used this time?

Don't forget it was you that told me to attack my Celtiberian allies and sack thier settlements in RTR VII TIC.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

[QUOTE=Tony83;8025497]Here are a few shots of my battle against Hannibal. I ignored him the first turn but attacked him when he laid siege to Ariminum. The battlefield was very interesting, lots of rolling hills.

Tony i had exactly the same idea as you ,fought the same battle;I lost though
    Will put up my screens tomorrow !

Pics from my former SPARTAAAA campaign

First huge(10000+) battle:

Next, an even larger battle with about 15000 total, this one was a decisive victory against the Macedonians which would've allowed me to finally go on the offensive had I not encountered a perma-CTD

Result:

Empire at the last turn I was able to play:

Now running a Scythian campaign which should get interesting real quick. Will post more from that one later.

Indefinitely Banned

Nothing underhand Brus, just honest to goodness tactics.

I split my army into brigades. On the left I deployed two allied cohorts in line with a unit of Equites in support. In the centre two blocks of three Polybian cohorts in line, supported by the missile unit deployed behind them. On the right flank, another two units of Allied Polybians, in line (4 ranks deep) with another Equite unit in support. In reserve, deployed behind the centre, the two triarii cohorts with another mercenary heavy infantry unit, and the general's bodyguard and remaining heavy cavalry unit.

Even though the Carthaginians had the height advantage, I advanced slowly along the entire front, stopping to receive the charge when attacked, continuing the advance where the Carthaginians withdrew. The reserve following a little behind and maintaining their relative position. Eventually, my right flank took the high ground and was able to lap around the enemy left. I sent the General and the reserve cavalry to my right to take advantage of this.

By now, the centre and left were engaged in melee right along the front and, truth be told, I was probably losing slowly. However, Hannibal, engaged in heavy melee in the centre, got himself killed and it was at this juncture that I threw my right flank into the rear units of the Carthaginian left and left centre, causing a number of wavering African units to break. Keeping up the pressure and, at this stage, sending in the centre reserve infantry into the fray, a general rout ensued and the battle was over.

So what's underhand about that then?
    Last edited by Tony83; September 05, 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXGemina View Post
    Hey Tone.

Have i7 920
    6gb corsair Tri-channel memory
    Ati 5780 grahics card
    everything on high/huge units

i have been able to get up to 60k but lag city until alot of men die.
    How? I have:
    I7-930
    6GB DDR3 Tri=Channel
    GTX480
    everything maxed except for unit detail on high.

And i get EXTREME lag with only 5k units on the field....the game is unplayable for me...

You're doing something wrong then. There are people with much worse systems than yours who are getting way better performance.

Have you got units on highest or something like that?
    Background tasks?
    What settings are you using? Did you set vegetation to highest in the launcher? If so then that might be the problem.
    If antialiasing is on in the game then switch it off and use your video control panel's override.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Indefinitely Banned

I have an i7-965, with 4 GB RAM, and 2 x GTX 295's in SLI, and my performance witt both RTR and RS is very similar. With everything maxed out my FPS can vary between 6 and the high teens, which results in a fair bit of lag.

However, setting the units to High, instead of Very High, and antialiasing to Low, it goes up to between 30 and 45 fps. As the eye, in theory cannot differentiate above 25 fps, no problems or lag are perceived.

It's not the fault of your PC or RS, it's more to do with RTW itself. It's an old game and not particulalrly designed to cope with the high resolutions that we are throwing at it, so it causes a bit of a log jam when processing all the data. This is why moving to the MedII engine is such an attractive proposition. It, at least, can cope with and process the data stream better than RTW, even if it doesn't support multi-core processing.

Although it's not entirely about the engine......it's more about the difference in processing requirements between:

1) thousands of 3D unit models, which having units on highest detail requires since no sprites are used
    OR
    2) thousands of 2D pictures and maybe a few hundred 3D unit models when unit detail is set to high.

I'm talking about the in-game video settings here. Using hi-res unit models in the launcher should only have a relatively small effect on performance as all you're changing is the distance at which the 3D models become rendered as 2D sprites - still in most battles, the vast majority of units will be seen as sprites from a distance if you have the video settings set on high for units.

A few shots from my Spartan Campaign (siege of Olympia)

(Dark Bloom On, Everything on High, Antialiasing X2 on i7 860 overclocked to 3.2 4gb ram, nvidia gt 240 1gb, ) H/H ALEX

PS: The battles are phenomenal! Smarter AI, Longer times, balanced units, a real charm.
    Last edited by Enasteron; September 05, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Great shots. Have you edited them at all? They look like some sort of filter has been used. If not then the bloom setting is looking way better than I thought it would.

No No editing at all, apart from auto contrast in photoshop. It really looks wonderful in my setup. I turn it off only in the campaign map to see the scrolls
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

From the siege of Genoa. Unfortunately I kept getting immersed in this new, stupidly brilliant RS2 and forgot to take many screens. xD
    This is the second deployment of the battle. I'd been fighting for about 20 minute the Carthaginian intercept party which was about 2000 men strong, I'd beaten them and sent 800-1000 of them running back to the rest of the army.
    I used my standard battle tactic which is to hit them with missiles where possible and basically engage the enemy on a standing front while keeping most of my army in reserve roles while I put my cavalry and end cohorts around to hit the flanks. I found that Roman cohorts are very good at holding a line, even if my line is only 6 men thick and the enemy has piled their whole army onto it

On an artistic note: I like how the grass only just fails to cover up the dead as my army straightens out and deploys the artillery to administer the counter-attack. :3

Also another note: The army I used had already defeated Hannibal and repelled a Carthaginian raiding force from a Bridge in northern Italy, the low unit numbers are not from this battle (ya, I know. This is turning into my wonder legion :o)

Also @ Thoas: + rep for having a PC made of OWN and a talent for artistic photography x3
    Last edited by Leeham991; September 05, 2010 at 07:10 PM.
    I like pie.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Playing on H/H:

Doh! Thoroughly trounced. Great fun though

Also, I have Dark bloom enabled, but it seems as though it's not as dark as ive seen here on the forums?

Another also, pressing the edit preferences file on the launcher brings up an error saying it can't find the file, where should it be? I'm running ALX.exe

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.