Thread: Freeze on Startup

Default Freeze on Startup

Hey guys,

so I installed Rome vanilla. No mods, no steam, no alexander. I created a new folder, copied all the files into it. Then I installed the 2.5 patch into the new folder.
    When I start the game, I get the pop-up where i can select all the stuff. So I select a faction, select my graphics-stuff, select that I wanna start from BI, click on play, it asks me if I selected a faction, i click yes....and nothing happens.
    As soon as I clicked everything becomes unclickable, the music continues playing though. There is no crashreport, no "not-responding" message from windows. But when I open the taskmanager I can see that the task isn't doing anything (all numbers stay the same, frozen in place)
    I tried deinstalling, and reinstalling...didn't help though
    any kind of advice?

Default Re: Freeze on Startup

1.Install Rome TW
    2.Download RS2.5
    3.Point your RS2.5 installer to Rome Total War folder (do not create any folders!)
    4.Install
    5.Download RS2.6
    6.Copy RS2.6 content directly into main RTW directory(overwrite older files)

Tried it, 2.5 still doesn't start.
    Can't copy the content of 2.6, gives me Error 0x80004005: Unknown Error

Okay, I kinda found out where the error might be.
    I haqd the CD version installed, and apparently the 16.4.Update for windows 7 kills the basegame

So, the steam version works. Or, better said, worked.
    I installed the mod, and it doesnt work.
    Still kind-of-freezes when I start it
    The freeze is limited to clicking buttons though....i can still select an exe.
    I have no idea what to do
    I tried reinstalling again, redownloading....