Page 6 of 209 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by teseo View Post
    Thank you very much Brusilov. You have solved all my doubts.
    No problems. Enjoy the game.

There are lots of buildings out there.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Lupus's Avatar Tiro

How does a Medical Complex cost 60% of tax income? Which building gives a 60% boost to taxes to equalise?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    A purely historical (and geeky) question... How come Trapezous is under Pontus at the begining? Is this purely for gameplay reasons? Since i'm confident it was brought under Pontos by Mithridates the Great, and no sooner?

Thanks.

Other than that, a great mod guys!
    We could find almost nothing verifiable about the Kingdom of Pontus during our start date, as the Kingdom virtually disappears except for a few Roman references to it later on. So essentially, our starting position for Pontus was a 'best guess' and gameplay decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUILIFIER View Post
    Guys, would you explain me what will happen if i dont activate the script? Would this cause any trouble to the game? And what exactly the skript activates? thanks
    If you NEVER activate the script, you won't notice it. The problem is that often the script starts by itself, and sometimes not. If it even runs ONCE during your campaigns, it will cause problems later.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I just want to say THANKS ALL who works on this mod its so good.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    How does a Medical Complex cost 60% of tax income? Which building gives a 60% boost to taxes to equalise?
    The 'amounts' of tax bonuses or penalties are all relative.....not necessarily based on some calculation of cost. The bonuses and penalties were merely used to balance and offset each other in some way, and to control the amount of money available to the player. It's very hard to do this in RTW, because there are few bonuses that deal with money. The tax bonus happens to the be the one that works both positively and negatively.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

It's about balancing. Maybe it's a way of reducing income for the benefits of a Medical Complex. Maybe it's the productivity loss as all the people are waiting to see a doctor.

Did I say that there was a single building that offset the 60% loss in taxes. There are a numner of buiolding that can be used to boost tax income. I didn't even post that they would add up to 60%.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Lupus's Avatar Tiro

Do not mistake lack of understanding for criticism. My post should probably have read "which buildings offer a collective balancing act of 60%?"

It is just that 60% seems a bit excessive. Bear in mind, the developers know what is running in the background in terms of balancing, we do not. Hence the onslaught of questions. Conflicting or ambiguous use of language, judging by appearances, does not help. (I am referring to the + and - issues mentioned above.) Knowledge will follow a pyramid structure... you tell me, I tell him...

Everybody is showing great spirit by sharing experiences and explaining things. How else are we going to understand all the details? Trail and error only goes so far.

I personally have a zillion questions. Half born out of lack of understanding and the other half just plain curiosity.

So, I thank you all for the answers and I'll kindly beg your indulgence.

OKay, think i fixed my issue thanks for the help!

Is there any way to remove the script compleatelly? I noticed that there is a folder named "scripts" in the data directory

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Regarding the Getae Rebels in Germania, they are indeed present at game start.

Thanks for the answer dvk901

Can't wait to get out of work and give someone a try. Perhaps i'll have more questions then

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This will happen if you tried to reload a campaign without quitting the game first and seems to be from what people say, a sign that the script didn't get activated that turn.
    Thx tone for your reply.

For the reason of no saving ability I started already 5 new campaigns. And for some reason the lady left upper corner did never apear again after my first campaign start.
    Anyway I could not klick on the "show me button" for script activation, because it was greyed out from the very first time.

So now I dunno how to activate and how to save any campaign...

New install maybe ?

EDIT:

Meanwhile I tried with reinstall and now I can save.
    Last edited by Protector; September 06, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Hi all guys, one question here. I noticed that changing the preferences via lancher change also some optios in the general menù of the game. If i set via launcher the ultra high effects then i have a medium level of effect in the general options and viceversa. Which one have i to' trust to' have everything on the maximum level?

Why can not I see unit?

Lupus's Avatar Tiro

It happens to everybody. I cannot remember the exact reason, but it is nothing to worry about.

Is there any way to remove the script compleatelly? I noticed that there is a folder named "scripts" in the data directory
    Why do you want to do that?

You'll ruin faction balancing , which is in part due to some capping and topping up of income, and there'll be no roman rebellions for starters.

Just make sure that when you start / restart the campaign you see one denarius added to your treasury and you'll be fine.

When you first start, the script autostarts, after that it's a question of clicking the advisor's portrait after clicking on a settlement.

Why can not I see unit?
    Too many units and RTW overload! Sometimes the pictures disappear.
    Last edited by tone; September 06, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

It happens to everybody. I cannot remember the exact reason, but it is nothing to worry about.

One of the devs said (I think it was apple), that because the mod uses so many units (the max. amount possible), the engine doesn'T cope with this amount correctly. It's nothing serious, just a beauty error and sometimes it "goes away" after a few turns.

Laetus

Possibly stupid question here, but why is it that some buildings that affect tax income for a particular settlement say that they give both a bonus and penalty to tax? No particular example springs to mind, but they list in the building description something along the lines of say:

Tax income [bonus or penalty] 40%

On a lighter note, thanks to the developers for releasing a fantastic mod. I've been lurking around the forum ever since I discovered RS 1.6 earlier this summer and thought I'd register just to say thanks I guess.

Tone, the only reason I asked that question was, because I understood that I need to restart the whole game in order to load any of my saves!? As an example- if I meke a save before battle and I lost crushing, should I quit the game and start it again in order to load the save before the battle, or I could just load whitout quitting?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Tone, the only reason I asked that question was, because I understood that I need to restart the whole game in order to load any of my saves!? As an example- if I meke a save before battle and I lost crushing, should I quit the game and start it again in order to load the save before the battle, or I could just load whitout quitting?
    Well, dont try to cheat yourself and dont reload? Rome had many defeats.. so why should you always have a victory?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------