Page 59 of 209 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
    Hello i have a quick question to ask.
    Does the RSII Torrent include the patches?
    If not can you be kind enough to post all the patch links here.
    I dont think it does. Heres the patch. Download links are in teh first post.
    Last edited by Nota'; December 19, 2010 at 05:05 AM.

I have now played 150+ turns with different factions and I must say that you guys have made all my wishes for the perfect Total War game come through! You have managed to make the AI so good that this game is just as fun after conquering 30 provinces than 5. A real accomplishment it is! You have also diversified the cities and thus reduced the repetitive nature a TotalWar game are bound to be.

Of course one is always looking for improvements but they are actually hard to find. I guess mostly because it is not easy to criticise the priorities done by the AI. One might argue that the AI should be quicker in breaking a port blockade or build more forts to protect against and delay other factions. But the AI might find better ways to spend the doe I guess and as such there might not be much to mention. Albeit naval invasions should be better protected though. I sank 3 full stack Spartan singel fleet navies in the Pergamon campaign. That is too easy.

A couple of wishes to improve the experience I still have. What about a message with a small animation and music when large cities are conquered by another faction, maybe the capitols of all factions? A kind of news flash that was spread around then as now.

It would also be nice to get a more lively and tough music when winning a battle. The naval victory tune is actually better in my mind.

I would also gladly donate 10$ ore more to you folks. I guess many would.

That’s all, back to this outstanding mod.

All the best.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    Of course one is always looking for improvements but they are actually hard to find. I guess mostly because it is not easy to criticise the priorities done by the AI. One might argue that the AI should be quicker in breaking a port blockade or build more forts to protect against and delay other factions. But the AI might find better ways to spend the doe I guess and as such there might not be much to mention. Albeit naval invasions should be better protected though. I sank 3 full stack Spartan singel fleet navies in the Pergamon campaign. That is too easy.
    There is unfortunately nothing which can be done when it comes to the campaign AI.
    The AI is hardcoded in the exe and can not be modded in any way.
    All any mod team can do is try to give the AI as many help as possible but regarding RTW...the flaws in the AI and some of the mechanics never going to be fixed until CA will release the source code which is unlikely to happen anytime soon

Hi. Just finished my 2.0 Roman campaign so I installed the patch. I remember reading somewhere that theres a file somewhere which you replace to fix the Alex ambush bug. Where and what is the file i will be replacing the buggy one with and where is the file that needs replacing.
    Thanks in advance.
    Edit: Any news on teh faction intro movies. A small thing i know
    Last edited by Nota'; December 19, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

The music for this mod is just beautiful. Im awe-struck at the wonderful music thats played.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    I would also gladly donate 10$ ore more to you folks. I guess many would.

That’s all, back to this outstanding mod.

All the best.
    I then recommend you to donate it to TWC as they are nice enough to host us and many other mods on their servers. You find the donor button in the lower left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    Hi. Just finished my 2.0 Roman campaign so I installed the patch. I remember reading somewhere that theres a file somewhere which you replace to fix the Alex ambush bug. Where and what is the file i will be replacing the buggy one with and where is the file that needs replacing.
    Thanks in advance.
    Edit: Any news on teh faction intro movies. A small thing i know
    It's in your RS2\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Formations_AI\DEFAULT_ALEX_ONLY folder. Just replace the one that is in the RS 2 data folder with the text file in that one.
    The videos are downloadable as a submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Jelly View Post
    The music for this mod is just beautiful. Im awe-struck at the wonderful music thats played.
    Thanks.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey guys, I would like to ask a question about these battles, I downloaded the 2.1 patch with all fix's and I am still having a very rediculissly long battles, I mean it just gets realy boring to watch 2 units bach the outa each other and in the end 2 men dies every 2 hours.
    I am playing Sparta, I have the campaign on Hard difficulity and the battles on Very Hard Difficulity, and as I was taking corinth towards the end of the battle I had like about 15 units remaing and he had his last unit in the center plaza, I had him ingulfed from all sides, no joke and it still took like 50 minutes to kill off that unit, witch I think That is a joke.
    Any suggestions on making these battles shorter.
    And buy the way this is by far the best grafical mods I've seen, the vegetations in greece are very acurate, the pine trees are amazing, great work my compliments to the RS2 team.
    The only thing I did'nt like though is the spartan army, you have very few officers with corinthinan helmets ON like just the Genaral and to other officers with him, I would've loved it if you had some spear and sword units with Corinthian helmets, and mentining that my second question is there any plans of making some units with corinthinan hemets I am sure alot of people would live that, I know it's not historicly accurate, but we are not playing this game to repeat history, this game is all about the "WHAT IF" greece rose to power by unifiying Macedon, The greek city states, Sparta, Eperios, Athens, Corinth etc... possibilties are endless
    Last edited by GM207; December 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

I also have a question what do i need to do to install Roma Surrectum 2 on Alexander? Should i go with the same procedure as normal R:TW for RS2 installation?

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    There is unfortunately nothing which can be done when it comes to the campaign AI.
    The AI is hardcoded in the exe and can not be modded in any way.
    All any mod team can do is try to give the AI as many help as possible but regarding RTW...the flaws in the AI and some of the mechanics never going to be fixed until CA will release the source code which is unlikely to happen anytime soon
    Thanks for your answer.

And to apple: Yes I will donate and I found the donate button!

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    It's in your RS2\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Formations_AI\DEFAULT_ALEX_ONLY folder. Just replace the one that is in the RS 2 data folder with the text file in that one.
    I tried this and tested it with the hannibal ambush and still CTD. Any ideas?

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

Anybody has an idea on how to install RSII on Steam Alexander?

Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    I tried this and tested it with the hannibal ambush and still CTD. Any ideas?
    I got the crash when I attacked or tried to move away. Dont move that stack at all in the first turn - worked for me.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Anybody has an idea on how to install RSII on Steam Alexander?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559 Click Download Links and Installation Instructions and bottom that there is how to install if using steam.

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

Thanks i already read it but how can i select my graphics on that launcher on the steam launch?

I cant select the launcher graphical options that the launcher has on steam.?

Is there anyway i can put the graphics on the steam launch so it works on the steam launch too?
    Last edited by Rezza; December 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey guys, I would like to ask a question about these battles, I downloaded the 2.1 patch with all fix's and I am still having a very rediculissly long battles, I mean it just gets realy boring to watch 2 units bach the outa each other and in the end 2 men dies every 2 hours.
    I am playing Sparta, I have the campaign on Hard difficulity and the battles on Very Hard Difficulity, and as I was taking corinth towards the end of the battle I had like about 15 units remaing and he had his last unit in the center plaza, I had him ingulfed from all sides, no joke and it still took like 50 minutes to kill off that unit, witch I think That is a joke.
    Any suggestions on making these battles shorter.
    And buy the way this is by far the best grafical mods I've seen, the vegetations in greece are very acurate, the pine trees are amazing, great work my compliments to the RS2 team.
    The only thing I did'nt like though is the spartan army, you have very few officers with corinthinan helmets ON like just the Genaral and to other officers with him, I would've loved it if you had some spear and sword units with Corinthian helmets, and mentining that my second question is there any plans of making some units with corinthinan hemets I am sure alot of people would live that, I know it's not historicly accurate, but we are not playing this game to repeat history, this game is all about the "WHAT IF" greece rose to power by unifiying Macedon, The greek city states, Sparta, Eperios, Athens, Corinth etc... possibilties are endless
    Simple don't play on very hard battle difficulty as the Ai armies get's much higher stacks. The Ai it self doesn't get any smarter at all in any difficulty setting.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Simple don't play on very hard battle difficulty as the Ai armies get's much higher stacks. The Ai it self doesn't get any smarter at all in any difficulty setting.
    Oh boy, I wish I knew that before I started a campaign, I guess there is no way I can change the difficulity settings now can I?
    only if I need to start all over again right?
    Thanks for these tips man, Merry Christmas

Yep you need to start over unfortunately.
    I suggest that you read trough the release thread as it answers these kinds of questions.
    Son of Legio

Rezza's Avatar Tiro

Thanks i already read it but how can i select my graphics on that launcher on the steam launch?

I cant select the launcher graphical options that the launcher has on steam.?

Is there anyway i can put the graphics on the steam launch so it works on the steam launch too?
    Help anyone?

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

apple check your PM pls =.="
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Any news on the "the Coward" fiasco? It's kind of crappy playing when all my FMs, generals, and admirals are randomly becoming cowards.

EDIT: Saw Dvk's post on that XXX the Coward thread.

*sigh* ...
    Last edited by The Doubtful Guest; December 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM.