Page 56 of 209 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

how do i start bloom effect ?, as i want my graphics on roma to be great !,

I just joined and played RS2 for the first time. My breath was taken away. I squealed like a school girl when I saw Varro as one of my generals. Gave me goose bumps seeing Hannibal and Maharbal at Lake Trasimene. Oh and poor Flaminus gets rofl stomped ambushed. Hannibal is my all time favorite general and it is so hard fighting against him. Like I don't want to kill him but I actually want him to kick my ass (which he does). I do hope he stays in my game for 17 years =) Oh Hannibal I will open the gates of Rome for you so you may find peace!

Can you say epic?! Really appreciate this mod and I thank you!

One question:
    The battles are longer and the AI is a lot tougher compared to RTW! The armies wail at each other for a good period of time. I usually end fights (Hard mode) very quickly by simply flanking with cavarly, but in RS2 even when I flank the rout is not immediate but they stick in there for LONG time. Thus, can anyone lead me to a strategy section of RS2? It seems like my tactics have to completely change! Hard game hehe

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jpanside View Post
    Thus, can anyone lead me to a strategy section of RS2?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396194

yup I already read that but thanks! the campaign I think I can handle it's just the new mechanics in the actual battles that I could use more help.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

yup I already read that but thanks! the campaign I think I can handle it's just the new mechanics in the actual battles that I could use more help.

play a few custom battles to get familar with the new setting....
    in the launcher select "battles only"...it helps a lot

Can anybody give me a link as to where to download this mod... i have been searching days on end. any help would be very helpfull
    I will either find a way, or make one
    -Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by King of Carthage View Post
    Can anybody give me a link as to where to download this mod... i have been searching days on end. any help would be very helpfull
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

Here you go sir. The download tab is where the links are.

thank you so much
    I will either find a way, or make one
    -Hannibal Barca

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I just joined and played RS2 for the first time. My breath was taken away. I squealed like a school girl when I saw Varro as one of my generals. Gave me goose bumps seeing Hannibal and Maharbal at Lake Trasimene. Oh and poor Flaminus gets rofl stomped ambushed. Hannibal is my all time favorite general and it is so hard fighting against him. Like I don't want to kill him but I actually want him to kick my ass (which he does). I do hope he stays in my game for 17 years =) Oh Hannibal I will open the gates of Rome for you so you may find peace!

Can you say epic?! Really appreciate this mod and I thank you!

One question:
    The battles are longer and the AI is a lot tougher compared to RTW! The armies wail at each other for a good period of time. I usually end fights (Hard mode) very quickly by simply flanking with cavarly, but in RS2 even when I flank the rout is not immediate but they stick in there for LONG time. Thus, can anyone lead me to a strategy section of RS2? It seems like my tactics have to completely change! Hard game hehe
    I'm glad that you liked it.

Anyway one of the most common mistakes a new RS 2 player makes is to not back his cavalry as much as he need to make a real charge. You actually need to back quite the long distance to enable your cavalry to actually charge. So how do you do that then you may ask, well firstly you need to practice on how far away they need to be, secondly make sure that they are still and not moving and then right click once and then press the run button (r). Do not double right click as you wont get a successful charge then (RTW bugg).

It's easy to spot a successful charge as the cavalry lovers their spears and they often makes a "charge" sound.

Quote Originally Posted by lethalbizzell View Post
    how do i start bloom effect ?, as i want my graphics on roma to be great !
    In the launcher choose "special bloom effect" and then yes and then choose the dark or light bloom effect.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post

Anyway one of the most common mistakes a new RS 2 player makes is to not back his cavalry as much as he need to make a real charge. You actually need to back quite the long distance to enable your cavalry to actually charge. So how do you do that then you may ask, well firstly you need to practice on how far away they need to be, secondly make sure that they are still and not moving and then right click once and then press the run button (r). Do not double right click as you wont get a successful charge then (RTW bugg).

It's easy to spot a successful charge as the cavalry lovers their spears and they often makes a "charge" sound.

@apple

Thank you for that interesting tid bit. Exactly what I needed! ;P

@chris

Thank you sir! I shall do that right away.

Acheron's Avatar Libertus

Hope this is the right place, i am playing as the Ptolemies and only seem to be able to recruit general from Alexandria and they are 3 turns.. i dont mind the 3 turns but only being able to recruit generals from one place really limits where my armies can go unless i send them in without one, except i use them heaps lol..?
    'However long the night, the dawn will break'

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

One Turn? Then yes

If in Zero Turn, its a bug maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

@Feldmarschal Rommel

Friendly thanks.

Basic question, but never have seen an answer.....how long can RSII go? How many years?

Is it just from 536 AUC to 754 AUC (1 AD)?

Thanks!

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post

Anyway one of the most common mistakes a new RS 2 player makes is to not back his cavalry as much as he need to make a real charge. You actually need to back quite the long distance to enable your cavalry to actually charge. So how do you do that then you may ask, well firstly you need to practice on how far away they need to be,...
    Is there any reason why some cav need massive distance to charge and others can charge at about 10 metres?

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal344 View Post
    @Feldmarschal Rommel

Friendly thanks.
    Its nothing

Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    Is there any reason why some cav need massive distance to charge and others can charge at about 10 metres?
    I think lighter cav need less distance. Think about the light ones like fast cars (great acceleration), medium like ordinary cars (medium acceleration) and heavy like busses and trucks (really slow acceleration due to their weight).
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the VIth View Post
    Basic question, but never have seen an answer.....how long can RSII go? How many years?

Is it just from 536 AUC to 754 AUC (1 AD)?

Thanks!

RSII lasts from 536 AUC to 753 AUC or in our calendar from 217 BC to 1 AD.

I don't want to start a new thread for this question, but if I want to add to or replace some of the music, is it the same as for vanilla?

Yes but each mod folder got it's own desc_sounds_music file that you need to edit.
    Son of Legio