Page 53 of 209 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pokeytrev View Post
    I think this game could use some heavy editing. When playing as the Romans, the Arverni, Macedons, Greeks, Boii, and few others all decided to declare war on me--some of them were allied with me--and steamrolled my whole campaign. I didn't stand a chance and they wouldn't have any diplomacy. There was nothing I could do to stop them.
    I do have to strongly disagree on your statement. I am playing Macedon on H/H and have conquered Tarentum and Cannea but will not be able to threaten Rome yet. The year is 560 AUC. I have won 183 battles and lost 22 and control 20 provinces. I never pause battles and never fight them twice. This game is so cunningly modified so that one have time to think and make decitions during battles.

Anyway, I have focuses on economy and just as important, try to figure out what units is best suited to fight the different enemies. At the moment I control todays Greece (and some other provinces) and am at war with Roma, Greece, Pergamon and the Ptolemaic empire. With a strong navy I can hinder naval invasions and thus manage to fight of the enemy from the east on small land areas west of Bosporus demanding fewer units. The bulk of my forces are holding back the Romans attacking from Segestica. I am building forts and garrison them strongly and add an army in reserve to always fight 2-1 in numbers. It is very hard to beat the Romans otherwise.

This game is just extremely well made so that one has to really think to be able to win. It is a strategic masterpiece unmatched in my opinion.

I might add that I also have a H/H game as Belgae going and have managed to conquer todays UK and most of France after many years of fighting. I finally cruched the Arvernii. I am using the same strategies but have now a very hard time against Roma since their troops seems harder to beat for the Belgae than Macedon. Or I might not have found the ideal mix of troopes yet.

In my opinion, Total War does not get better than this
    So give it many chances, the modders really deserves it!

All the best
    Tordenskjold

elich's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Tordenskjold View Post
    I completely agree.TW series are my fav games and I played all TW games with alot of mods my fav one was M2TW with SS mod with some others but when I saw RS I completely fell in love with RTW again and its the BEST mod for TW I played.Judging from last 2 TW games I don't think RTW2 unmoded if it ever sees the light will beat this mod!Thanks to all the modders which made this mod and keep up the good work!
    "Surrender before you all die by the sword, for I do not wish you to perish."
    - Imad ad-Din Zanghi.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Feldmarschal Rommel View Post
    Ok I think I have a problem with the seleucid campaign.Firstly i played the seleucids twice with the RS 2.0 both my campaigns where destroyed by a CTD.So frustreded i downloaded the patch and started another one but here is the problem the campaign loads up fine but I am not at 536 AUC but at 94 AD.Also the show me how button is grayed out but it was greyed out in the 2.0
    and the script started fine.I played 5 years into the campaign I am at 99 AD and nothing is diferent.

I am confused.And please dont tell me to restart another restart and I will go nuts.
    So my question is are there any harmfull efects in not starting the script
    Yes, CTD. Did you start the current campaign after you installed the patch or did you use one of your saves from RS 2.0?
    RS 2.0 saves are not compatible with RS 2.1 and will result in a CTD.

I think this game could use some heavy editing. When playing as the Romans, the Arverni, Macedons, Greeks, Boii, and few others all decided to declare war on me--some of them were allied with me--and steamrolled my whole campaign. I didn't stand a chance and they wouldn't have any diplomacy. There was nothing I could do to stop them.
    The diplomacy AI is hard coded. We can't fix it. Play on a easier difficultly if you find the game to be to hard on you.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well, the sad thing (for you) is that I am actually happy to hear this. That may seem rude or uncaring, but it was one of our goals to make RS2 such a great challenge that, yeah, sometimes you might actually LOSE! RS2 was designed by a team that has been familiar with and playing RTW for years, so we all know that after a while, the game can get tedious if you just always win. "Oh, ho-hum. Guess what, I just won another campaign." It gets old. I wanted a mod that would be hard enough that maybe, just maybe, the player would get his butt kicked. But don't give up on it.....play on M\M or even easy if you find it too difficult. There's no shame in just learning the ropes of RTW\RS2 and getting better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldmarschal Rommel View Post
    Ok I think I have a problem with the seleucid campaign.Firstly i played the seleucids twice with the RS 2.0 both my campaigns where destroyed by a CTD.So frustreded i downloaded the patch and started another one but here is the problem the campaign loads up fine but I am not at 536 AUC but at 94 AD.Also the show me how button is grayed out but it was greyed out in the 2.0
    and the script started fine.I played 5 years into the campaign I am at 99 AD and nothing is diferent.

I am confused.And please dont tell me to restart another restart and I will go nuts.
    So my question is are there any harmfull efects in not starting the script
    If the save button is grayed out, it means the script wasn't run during one or more turns. That's all there is to it. Also, the Seleucid's, Macedon, Pontus and Parthia use a new dating system that is more historical. The game starts at 94 SE...not AD. The SE means 'Seleucid Era'.

I do have to strongly disagree on your statement. I am playing Macedon on H/H and have conquered Tarentum and Cannea but will not be able to threaten Rome yet. The year is 560 AUC. I have won 183 battles and lost 22 and control 20 provinces. I never pause battles and never fight them twice. This game is so cunningly modified so that one have time to think and make decitions during battles.

Anyway, I have focuses on economy and just as important, try to figure out what units is best suited to fight the different enemies. At the moment I control todays Greece (and some other provinces) and am at war with Roma, Greece, Pergamon and the Ptolemaic empire. With a strong navy I can hinder naval invasions and thus manage to fight of the enemy from the east on small land areas west of Bosporus demanding fewer units. The bulk of my forces are holding back the Romans attacking from Segestica. I am building forts and garrison them strongly and add an army in reserve to always fight 2-1 in numbers. It is very hard to beat the Romans otherwise.

This game is just extremely well made so that one has to really think to be able to win. It is a strategic masterpiece unmatched in my opinion.

I might add that I also have a H/H game as Belgae going and have managed to conquer todays UK and most of France after many years of fighting. I finally cruched the Arvernii. I am using the same strategies but have now a very hard time against Roma since their troops seems harder to beat for the Belgae than Macedon. Or I might not have found the ideal mix of troopes yet.

All the best
    Tordenskjold
    Quote Originally Posted by elich View Post
    I completely agree.TW series are my fav games and I played all TW games with alot of mods my fav one was M2TW with SS mod with some others but when I saw RS I completely fell in love with RTW again and its the BEST mod for TW I played.Judging from last 2 TW games I don't think RTW2 unmoded if it ever sees the light will beat this mod!Thanks to all the modders which made this mod and keep up the good work!
    Thanks fellows for the nice comments. It makes it all worth it when people appreciate the hard work for years.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

If the save button is grayed out, it means the script wasn't run during one or more turns. That's all there is to it. Also, the Seleucid's, Macedon, Pontus and Parthia use a new dating system that is more historical. The game starts at 94 SE...not AD. The SE means 'Seleucid Era'.
    Thank god I thought I will have to restart again.Thank you.Now lets kick some ptolie ass.

just started a roman 1-turn campaign (my first 1turn at all) after some 0-turn tries and noticed the difference in building costs. I didn't mix something with the files up did I? That's as it should be?

I´m not speaking about the modifications of income that have been made, I'm well aware of that.

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    just started a roman 1-turn campaign (my first 1turn at all) after some 0-turn tries and noticed the difference in building costs. I didn't mix something with the files up did I? That's as it should be?

I´m not speaking about the modifications of income that have been made, I'm well aware of that.
    In 1 turn campaign there is lower building costs. So you didn't mix files up.

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

All the best
    Tordenskjold
    I stand corrected. Good to know you are doing so well and having a good time. I may just need to rethink things a bit.

And, DVK, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for explaining that.

Hey Im curious as to how to compose my armies playing as the Cimbri. Any advice?

Right now my armies look something like

2X Archers
    2X Elite Skirmishers
    2X Heavy Cavalry
    2X Skirmish Cavalry with the AP attribute
    2X Light Infantry
    8X Heavy Infantry (mixture of spearmen, swordsmen, 2h axemen, and bear units)
    2x Generals

Quote Originally Posted by Strotha View Post
    Hey Im curious as to how to compose my armies playing as the Cimbri. Any advice?

Right now my armies look something like

2X Archers
    2X Elite Skirmishers
    2X Heavy Cavalry
    2X Skirmish Cavalry with the AP attribute
    2X Light Infantry
    8X Heavy Infantry (mixture of spearmen, swordsmen, 2h axemen, and bear units)
    2x Generals
    lols. Replace your heavy cavalry with more "Caninefate" cavalry (or whatever), theyre awesome and can take a whole unit of triarii with theyre missiles and they have decent defense and charge bonus stats.

And instead of archers use slingers. archers are only good against naked guys, light infantry and light cavalry and when time comes the AI wont use either anymore but the slingers can slaughter ployibians, named&numbered, agemas, boii/arverni champions and most of all, armoured generals.

id say use medium/light skirmishers, cuz i only use them as meatshields, dont work up yourself with elite guys. And for infantry the cimbri have plenty to chose from. so youre cool.

Though thats only meh.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Salve fratres! Primoris totvs, gratiae vt modders pro svvm mire opvs quod universitas defero pro totvs notitia.
    Uhh, I mean: thanks to all the modders for their dedicated work and the other folks for all the information here. I loved vanilla RTW, even more so EB, but RS is the best of the best. (Although I miss the wardogs and burning pigs, LOL)

Steamrolling through the Mediterranean, I'm getting close to the huge plains of the Scythae and Sarmatae and start feeling the need for some fast-moving horse archer auxilia. Could anyone please tell where do I recrute Ala Gallorum et Thracum Antiana Sagittariorum?
    Gratias ago vos!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Numerius Negidius View Post
    Salve fratres! Primoris totvs, gratiae vt modders pro svvm mire opvs quod universitas defero pro totvs notitia.
    Uhh, I mean: thanks to all the modders for their dedicated work and the other folks for all the information here. I loved vanilla RTW, even more so EB, but RS is the best of the best. (Although I miss the wardogs and burning pigs, LOL)

Steamrolling through the Mediterranean, I'm getting close to the huge plains of the Scythae and Sarmatae and start feeling the need for some fast-moving horse archer auxilia. Could anyone please tell where do I recrute Ala Gallorum et Thracum Antiana Sagittariorum?
    Gratias ago vos!
    Area 11, 12, 14, and 15. IOW, just about everywhere east of Byzantion and south of Iberia.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Vae mihi - that's still a long way to go.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Numerius Negidius View Post
    Vae mihi - that's still a long way to go.
    Thanks!
    The whole Latin thing is already getting a little old when you are using it constantly to impress people.

The whole Latin thing is already getting a little old when you are using it constantly to impress people.
    Being rude is pretty old too.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    Being rude is pretty old too.
    I didn't think I was being rude, sorry.

Dvk, I think you should not change the treasury values. Its good the way it is. If theres too money left, the best thing to do is increase unit costs of recruitment (and maybe the upkeep as well). I like the idea of capturing treasury buildings and "damage the economy" of the opponent.

I had a idea just now.

Theres some scripts that put garrisons in settlements when they are besieged. I dont like these scripts because they ruin the strategic part of the game, but in the case of treasury buildings it makes some sense that some garrison spawn there, to protect the treasury. The AI will never recognize the importance of the treasury building, so a spawn of units during the siege might be good. If Im not mistaken, the treasury of Rome gave a 450% of bonus to income.

In Ferrum Aeternum theres a script that put garrisons only at capitals, when these are besieged, to protect the kings palace (even if the king is not there). Maybe I can copy it, if I known what cities hold treasuries...

The Palmyran Phalangites are only being recruit in Palmyra, what do i have to change in the data to let the palmyran phalangites also being recruit in Van or Selucia or something?

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

But palmyran Phalangites can also be recruited in Antioch!