Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by thedudederek View Post
    When you are in the launcher, you either click 1 turn campaign which has all the factions(but no scripts like Roman Rebellions) or you choose the faction for the campaign you want. That one is 0 turn and has all the faction specific scripts.

how will i know if its zero turn recrutment, will the unit be recruted as soon as i click on it?
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

no it means each city can build 9 units per turn as thats the number of slots

Hello, I have recently download the new version and am having issues getting it to start I ended up downloading all the files then putting them into a file in the RTW file under a folder there; However when I went to start the launcher it kept coming up with a access denied mark an the #12. I read through the help comments and did all that was needed but none of it worked out in the end. I hope that if you can shine some enlightenment on this problem to help me if you can a little further. Thank you for your time in reading this message.

Sincerely, Rapturkap

You DID run the installer, right?
    Oh, and turn off UAC. That'll probably help.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    how will i know if its zero turn recrutment, will the unit be recruted as soon as i click on it?
    When you recruit a unit, it will say 0 turns. It works in the same was as retraining units does. Some elite units, generals, and siege equipment will take 1 turn or more. But regardless of the order of units in the queue, all units with 0 turns to recruit will be done on the next turn. As for units with 1 turn or more, the unit closest to the front will be recruited.

is there a way to make the stones thrown by the siege machines smaller? not really important, i am simply too perfectionist.
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

What file do I edit to reduce the campaign movement?
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

Quote Originally Posted by simplemind07 View Post
    What file do I edit to reduce the campaign movement?
    Open your RTW main folder, then the Data folder. Look for the file called "descr_character.txt". Then search for "starting_action_points". The number after this line is what you need to change. Just to state my opinion, RS is perfect as it is movement wise (everything else is in balance also). Everyone has their preferences, though. Hope I helped a bit.

Be aware that the descr_character.txt files are also kept in the data/IMPORTANT_STUFF folder and if you change between pre and post marian generals, those files get swapped in, so you'll want to edit those files too (in the PRE and POSTMARIAN GENERAL folders)

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi,

Save game is greyed out and also continue campaign.

So how to save a game status or my current campaign ?

Thx in advance.
    This will happen if you tried to reload a campaign without quitting the game first and seems to be from what people say, a sign that the script didn't get activated that turn.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Guys, after I clicked on single player, all i could see is custom and historical battles. How do I actually start the game? Oh also, my launcher only shows the labels for 1 and 2 but not the rest, they are all grayed out.

I have now the stuff in the right file now and the UAC is off now, and I put the notes in for the game so I can play, yet I still get the error...I'm beginning to think this game just hates me.

well I have play Roma Surrectum and it was great. Now I wanna play RS2 but I'm having a hard time finding where to download, I was looking at filefront but I can't find it there. Can someone help me please

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Guys, after I clicked on single player, all i could see is custom and historical battles. How do I actually start the game? Oh also, my launcher only shows the labels for 1 and 2 but not the rest, they are all grayed out.
    Are you referring to the numbers that are shown on the launcher screen in the release thread or something else?

If you want to play a campaign you need to select the faction specific option eg Rome or Carthage on the launcher. If you want to play 1-turn recruitment then you need to select that option.

I'm afraid we're not mind readers so that's the best advice I can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapturkap View Post
    I have now the stuff in the right file now and the UAC is off now, and I put the notes in for the game so I can play, yet I still get the error...I'm beginning to think this game just hates me.
    It's best to turn off UAC and then install the game and not install the game and then turn off UAC.

Quote Originally Posted by fergy1981 View Post
    well I have play Roma Surrectum and it was great. Now I wanna play RS2 but I'm having a hard time finding where to download, I was looking at filefront but I can't find it there. Can someone help me please
    Have a look in the Release Thread under the Download heading - the second one. The links are still there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

First of all, RSII is wonderful! Really thanks to the developers! At the moment I'm trying to learn how to play RSII, but there are some things I do not understand about buildings. I'm playing Roman Empire and I noticed that some buildings like temples gives: Happyiness bonus (or penality): 20% What does it means that "(penality)"?
    I got another question regarding population control buildings. How does it improves life conditions? I see only negative effects. For example suburbs gives Population growth bonus (+ or -): 3% (what does it mean that (+ or -)? And Tax income bonus or penality: -10% So if my city is not really overpopulated why should I build it? (I know there must be a reason, I'm just trying to understand ).
    I've seen Medical complex gives some good things, but it gives even a Tax income bonus (or penality) of -60%. It means that if my city would produce 100 of taxes, with medical complex it gives me only 40? There are good reasons (like plagues maybe) to build it?
    Anyway great mod. At the moment I'm trying to understand a bit how it works, because it is very different from the original RTW

yes, its the numbers on the launcher. I did select rome and then clicked on start.

A purely historical (and geeky) question... How come Trapezous is under Pontus at the begining? Is this purely for gameplay reasons? Since i'm confident it was brought under Pontos by Mithridates the Great, and no sooner?

Thanks.

Other than that, a great mod guys!

Guys, would you explain me what will happen if i dont activate the script? Would this cause any trouble to the game? And what exactly the skript activates? thanks

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by teseo View Post
    First of all, RSII is wonderful! Really thanks to the developers! At the moment I'm trying to learn how to play RSII, but there are some things I do not understand about buildings. I'm playing Roman Empire and I noticed that some buildings like temples gives: Happyiness bonus (or penality): 20% What does it means that "(penality)"?

I got another question regarding population control buildings. How does it improves life conditions? I see only negative effects. For example suburbs gives Population growth bonus (+ or -): 3% (what does it mean that (+ or -)? And Tax income bonus or penality: -10% So if my city is not really overpopulated why should I build it? (I know there must be a reason, I'm just trying to understand ).

I've seen Medical complex gives some good things, but it gives even a Tax income bonus (or penality) of -60%. It means that if my city would produce 100 of taxes, with medical complex it gives me only 40? There are good reasons (like plagues maybe) to build it?
    Anyway great mod. At the moment I'm trying to understand a bit how it works, because it is very different from the original RTW
    If the number shown does not have a negative sign then they are a bonus. If the number shown contains a negative sign then it's a penalty. The numbers shown are not absolute numbers (numbers shown without the sign).

This then affects the questions you've raised after the first one.

In the example of the suburbs it has a positive affect (bonus) of 3% on population growth but at a cost of a reduction in the tax benefit of -10%.

The idea of this building (suburbs) is that you want to give a boost to your population growth in order to build the next higher government building - which is a pre-requisite to the next hiugher barracks etc. Once you've achieved the population level you need the suburbs can be destroyed - so the population growth will be slowed and the tax increased.

So, having answered this there is no reason to answer the one about Medical Complex. The advantage of the Medical Complex is the health bonus - it should reduce the chances of plague. I presume it will also affect the happiness of the population by reducing squalor. However it comes at a cost of reducing your tax income. Some settlements or areas are more prone to plague than others. I know the plague can break out in Macedonia - so I'd definetly build this there. Such buildings not only reduce the chance of plague breaking out but they also reduce the length of time that plague affects the settlement.

If you are worried about a loss in tax there are sufficient buildings to boost the tax, however, these will have an effect on happiness..... WHich you can offset by having buildings that have a positive effect on happiness - plus a decent governor will help.
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 06, 2010 at 04:49 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Thank you very much Brusilov. You have solved all my doubts.