Page 33 of 209 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883133 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    I'm playing the BI exe. I have used cheats to build all buildings in Pergamum, but to no avail. Here is the save.
    Yes, it certainly appears as if the top level barracks (I built it using th process_cq cheat) in Pergamum does not give you many more units than the mercenary building gives you....

Edited: The Army barracks does not give you any more units (or even more experenced units) than the City Barracks. I've raised this inthe beta forum.
    Last edited by Brusilov; October 01, 2010 at 08:45 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

More of a modding question this...

How do I make it so that barracks after level 3 are unavailable outside the factions home region? Also how do I remove units from barracks levels?

I know somethings about EDB but the RS EDB disturbs me
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Citizen

I'm playing the BI exe. I have used cheats to build all buildings in Pergamum, but to no avail. Here is the save.
    As mentioned I posted information in the beta forum. dvk901 has responded to say that Hoplites from Paegamum and Cyrpus will be added to the Greek City States roster. It's only going to e these two units and none other. I don't know which level barracks they will be available from either.

However, I think you will have to wait for when the patch is released to get this change.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Okay thanks. I can wait for it. It's not a game breaker. I just thouht I should mention it. Thanks for the help.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Just downloaded this mod last night thanks to a friend of mine strongly recommending it and the only word that I have for it at the moment is wow. So far, I've found nothing to complain about and everything seems very well done. This is how RTW should have been, it does just about everything I've ever wanted a RTW mod to do. So, my thanks goes out to the RS team for working hard to get this released.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

Okay thanks. I can wait for it. It's not a game breaker. I just thouht I should mention it. Thanks for the help.
    Thanks for the feedback- every little bit helps us make the patch even better!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Citizen

No problem - I don't think anyone would claim that RSII is perfect (it would have taken a lot more beta testing).

As Marcus Tullius has posted we don't mind people spotting things that need to be fixed.

We don't know when the patch will be ready either - although there are various threads inthe dev and beta forums.

Oh, also +rep for reporting the problem.

SavageFeat's Avatar Senator

hey is there anyway to kill generals because i have a problem in my spartan campaign that my generals sometimes rout and i know that this is meant to be like a new Sparta but i think that they should die if they rout like true spartans. but anyway other than the routing Spartans this is my fav mod =)

Well I have a question one I been debating with myself... I like playing zero turns, but I have found that it’s just way too easy for me to steam roll the AI once I have over 30 cities. So I was wondering if I change the values of cost for units would that also impact the AI factions if I change them too to a lower cost??? Sorry it’s been awhile since I messed with Rome files and for some reason I cannot remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck918 View Post
    Well I have a question one I been debating with myself... I like playing zero turns, but I have found that it’s just way too easy for me to steam roll the AI once I have over 30 cities. So I was wondering if I change the values of cost for units would that also impact the AI factions if I change them too to a lower cost??? Sorry it’s been awhile since I messed with Rome files and for some reason I cannot remember.
    I think you are being lulled into a false warm & fuzzy feeling of security! I hold 84 cities and have a booming economy, and believe me -- it still isn't easy keeping up with the Scythian and Spartian stack spams. If you want another foretaste of the future, then read Hunter's saga on the Tips & Hints for Succeeding in Roman Campaign thread: He defeated the 2nd rebellion and then went on to being unable to keep up with the incoming hordes. He counted 43 enemy stacks coming at him at one point!

-- Cliff in Virginia
    Last edited by CliffBarney; October 01, 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Well I will take that under advisement, can someone still answer my question?

I've noticed a few of you have accurate map information. Do you really have that many diplomats or is there some cheats you use just to get a view of the political world? Someone plz lemme know cuz I dunno any console commands.

you trade map info with other nations via diplomats and when other diplomats come to negotiate with your cities/generals.

The way I do it usually is offer trade rights + my own map, asking for their map in exchange...sometimes you have to offer gold or something too, depends.

When can I build an Imperial Palace in Akhargas (Sicily) to trigger Marian Reforms. It is 540A.U.C. and there is still no imperial palace.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKyle View Post
    I've noticed a few of you have accurate map information. Do you really have that many diplomats or is there some cheats you use just to get a view of the political world? Someone plz lemme know cuz I dunno any console commands.
    There is a console command that let you see all the map. It's "toggle_fow".
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Quote Originally Posted by Dan227 View Post
    When can I build an Imperial Palace in Akhargas (Sicily) to trigger Marian Reforms. It is 540A.U.C. and there is still no imperial palace.
    Once the population of Akragas (sp?) hits 24000
    The Imperial Palace is just a settlement expansion like in Vanilla.

olipro's Avatar Civis

A question :
    I want to build roman fortress, like the one I built in Rome.
    So, I need army supply - done
    metal in the region or metal import - done
    top tier barrack - done
    civitas - Not done.

What is "civitas" ? How can I get it ? I can build it in only one city, and I don't know how I have been able to build it.
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    More of a modding question this...

How do I make it so that barracks after level 3 are unavailable outside the factions home region? Also how do I remove units from barracks levels?

I know somethings about EDB but the RS EDB disturbs me
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

My only thought, after a few days of play, is the same pet peeve I have had since the original Shogun: I would like to reward units that I feel did well at the end of the battle. A Circle of Grass for my favorite Legion? Perhaps just a basic 'Battle Honor' for a +1 in some category.

Quote Originally Posted by olipro View Post
    A question :
    I want to build roman fortress, like the one I built in Rome.
    So, I need army supply - done
    metal in the region or metal import - done
    top tier barrack - done
    civitas - Not done.

What is "civitas" ? How can I get it ? I can build it in only one city, and I don't know how I have been able to build it.
    Civitas is the next level after Annexation/Client State.
    After Civitas, you need Regional Focus all the way to Economic Fortified (a lot of turns).