Page 32 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Thanks for the answer.New launcher?Interesting, I thought current launcher is working just fine.Didn't noticed any problems.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

As there are some bare backed units with dark suture lines down their backs, I started to modify some starting with the Celtic Slingers. However I am now noticing a ghosting line above the figures head. Is this something which Tone can correct in the next patch? I've tried a lot of playing around with Alpha Channels but can't seem to get rid of it.

This is the first one I did. The first picture shows my corrected back of a Cimbri Slinger, the second shows the front view of the unit with the ghosting lines circled in red.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've since removed the small brown streak on the forehead
    Another update In case anyone is reading this- I've managed to track down the ghosting and eliminated it with Alphas
    I will send a copy to the Roma Surrectum team for future patches and will proceed with my own changes to the Celtic Slingers and post some pictures on the forum when completed.
    Last edited by caratacus; September 30, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    As there are some bare backed units with dark suture lines down their backs, I started to modify some starting with the Celtic Slingers. However I am now noticing a ghosting line above the figures head. Is this something which Tone can correct in the next patch? I've tried a lot of playing around with Alpha Channels but can't seem to get rid of it.
    There are a number of units that suffer from similar issues. The reason is that to have so many units in game many of the models are shared by textures of different units and there are alot of elements used by some and alphaed for others. RTW`s engine unfortunately isn`t ideal for such things though as many of the "invisible" parts(the planes especially) will still show as doted lines, contours etc. The light in rs2 though will probably mask many of them.

I downloaded this mod and it runs just great. Its not very buggy and is pretty stable. But I noticed one annoying thing. When I do battles, Music keeps switching Every 5-10 seconds when I kill routing enemy units after Continuing Battle when I already won(It does this every time). It also sometimes happens when I march my army after deployment(Happened once).

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

That's a hardcoded "bug". Happens in vanilla as well. Only thing you can do about it is switch off the music if you find it irritating or press ALT+M twice to switch to another track

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hi!

First of all I would like to thank you this great mod! I really loved the RS1 too but this version is incredible!
    As I see you have made a lot of features which are similar to the EB mod. I also liked the EB but I had many problems with the EB script when I played as Rome. My favorite feature in the EB was the roman magistrates and now - thank for you - the RS2 uses a similar way. I have only one question about it: why don't I have round messages that show me which characters held magistrates? If I check the character's scroll with right click I can see it, but I think it would be better if every year the players could see their magistrates in the round messages.

I downloaded RS2 the day I heard/read about the release.
    Just got to installing it like an hour ago, and slowly following the install instructions, and doing the installation parallel.
    I want to start Carthage campaign(actually, about to start it).

Now, I have seen 12, 13 steps in the launcher instructions. And that's what I have questions about. So here we go:

1,2,3 are pretty clear, including number 4, if there were no other 8, err, 9? so...
    a) IF, and only IF I ignore the options after doing the first three steps, how affected will the game be?

b)step 5 says it allows you to edit the preferences. Since I chose BI, I tried to "edit" those preferences the first time before I hit "quit" but it gave me a "no-no" for both BI and vanilla options(yes, i tried both, just in case). So I skipped it. Figured the preferences.txt is created after you do the first turn of campaign.

c) step 6 is self-explanatory, so I guess it can be ignored lest we do something of our own, right?

d)step 7, the switches, if they are included there, does it mean they automatically become effective? the ones I am, we could say, worried about, are "-nm" which if selected, removes the option of game movies afterwards(for that campaign)?, second one is movie camera, will the camera be normal, or what?

d+) one of the shortcuts too is the AI thing, what does the "enables AI campaign to be run" for the campaign I am starting? Does the AI have it's own campaign goals to follow, or what? like if the AI conquers 50 regions, GAME OVER pops up for me? or?

e) do the "change veg quality" and "high res unit models" change if I use the "options" inside the game, or do I have to play with those on the launcher screen? ( I don't dare mess with bloom effects) Post-Marian generals have to be checked if I am to see those in Roman army, whether I play as Rome or any other faction, right?

f)well, damn, I guess that's it for my questions, unless you can give me a bit of a general instruction about the above altogether.
    I myself found the "launcher" instruction, only a bit short of superb, and that's those points in like, why the "quit" comes as no.4 when there are another 8,9 options, are they supposed to do once we launch the game the second time to continue playing our campaign?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

If you ignore the options after the first three steps it will take the default settings for the other bits.

You can only edit the preferences if you've actually launched the mod as the prefrences file is not created by the exe until you've done that.

The install instructions suggest that you install over a working copy of RTW. This implies that you've launched RTW so the preferences would be there. So, when you copy the install and apply the RSII mod then the mod will contain the preferences file. If when you launched RTW you would have your preference file set up already (I update my RTW to have my preferred settings). Also, there is a seperate preferences file for each of the campaigns. So, if you don't setup the preferences beforehand you will have to set them up for each campaign.....

Also, the preferences file that is use has nothing to do with the executable. If you use the RTW BI exe it won't use the preferences file inside the BI folder. This is because you are just using the exe and not the data files for BI. If you know anything about switches the game runs with the -mod: switch which means it ingores the BI folder but just uses the exe.

The switches - if you want to change them make sure that you press the 'SAVE' button (8) after you've made the changes. Otherwise, it just ignores your changes. The -ai switch allows the AI to control all factions - make sure if you do this to toggle FOW off before you actually press end turn. It's mainly used as way to allow the game to run for many hours to see how the campaign runs.

The change vegetation quality and high res unit models are in addition to the in-game options. In-game you can't change these settings.

The RSII launcher was based on the one used by the RTR team for RTR VII FoE (they modified it for the RSII team) and various things were added which are not in RTR VII - the vegetation etc. You may notice that if you use the preferences editor it will give an error message about not being able to find the Banner_VII.bmp - simply rename the Banner_II.bmp to Banner_VII.bmp in the \launcher\GFX folder.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I have a question about the free Greeks. How come Pergamum hoplites are available when playing custom battles, but they are not available in my campaign?
    This is actually something I noticed with the Free Greeks. They can only train units in their starting cities. I suppose that is meant to be like that? Because they don't really have factional troops. But it does make expanding a bit hard though.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by beos777 View Post
    i would like to see baktria in the faction roster....but it's ok it should be a great mod
    That won't happen due to the fact that we are limited to the amounts of factions and Bactria isn't an important faction when you look at our map.

+) one of the shortcuts too is the AI thing, what does the "enables AI campaign to be run" for the campaign I am starting? Does the AI have it's own campaign goals to follow, or what? like if the AI conquers 50 regions, GAME OVER pops up for me? or?
    The AI got a special goal yes but also a goal to take 199 regions and thus won't be able to win without taking all settlements on the map and thus killed the player faction.
    Last edited by apple; September 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    I have a question about the free Greeks. How come Pergamum hoplites are available when playing custom battles, but they are not available in my campaign?
    This is actually something I noticed with the Free Greeks. They can only train units in their starting cities. I suppose that is meant to be like that? Because they don't really have factional troops. But it does make expanding a bit hard though.
    I've not played a Free Greek campaign but have you built the correct barracks?

I presume you've taken Pergamum?

Can you upload a save of your campaign and let us know which exe you are using?
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

how do I change the name of a legion ?
    for example I would change the legio VI Victrix in Legio IX Hispana....also AOR ! PLEASE ANSWER

So AI thing does not affect the campaign? OR it takes control of my faction too?

And if I understood correctly, veg and unit detail settings should be adjusted on the launcher, the ingame settings don't cut it?

anyways, thanks for answers

-AI basically make sthe whole campaign including your faction controlled by the AI. Only use for testing purposes....it's no use to the normal player.

I wouldn't bother with changing veg details unless you have a super computer or a useless computer. The only difference between high unit details and default in the launcher is the sprite distance (I use hi level as the sprites cut in somewhat further away so things look better).

Once you've set the settings in the launcher you can still change these in game (careful not to misunderstand what Brusilov has said).....basically high level vegetation in the launcher pretty much removes the use of vegetation sprites in the game and will cause most computers to crash.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Once you've set the settings in the launcher you can still change these in game (careful not to misunderstand what Brusilov has said).....basically high level vegetation in the launcher pretty much removes the use of vegetation sprites in the game and will cause most computers to crash.
    Is there a way to change the high-res vegetation and units in-game?

-movie cam, if I switch that option on, does it mean I can choose whether I will see the replays or does it render the battles in movie mode or something?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Is there a way to change the high-res vegetation and units in-game?
    No. At least, not the files. You can change the settings 'within the allowed settings' of the files you are using, however.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird Alkibijad View Post
    -movie cam, if I switch that option on, does it mean I can choose whether I will see the replays or does it render the battles in movie mode or something?
    It allows you to use the movie cam when viewing replays (custom and multiplayer only).
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

how do I change the name of a legion ?
    for example I would change the legio VI Victrix in Legio IX Hispana....with AOR ! PLEASE ANSWER

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I've not played a Free Greek campaign but have you built the correct barracks?

I presume you've taken Pergamum?

Can you upload a save of your campaign and let us know which exe you are using?

I'm playing the BI exe. I have used cheats to build all buildings in Pergamum, but to no avail. Here is the save.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas