Page 26 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesmith08 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I cant save on the Roman campaign, I dont even have an autosave, so I cant start a campaign becuase it wont allow me to save it.
    All technical problems should be posted in the RSI Technical Help part of the forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=420

A number of people are experiencing this problem.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

I'm a little confused as to the economic system in RS2. Am I right in believing that the "Income" of your cities as displayed on the campaign map is not actually an indication of how much the settlement is making? And if not is there another way of finding out how much profit a city is making? I'm having trouble identifying which of my cities are doing well economically.

I am in year 561 A.U.C., and what is that year in BC?
    And is this game have end year?

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    I am in year 561 A.U.C., and what is that year in BC?
    And is this game have end year?
    That's 192 B.C

Here's a thread discussing how to find out the time
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387307

As to when the game ends I'm not quite sure myself, hopefully someone else can fill you in
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Yeah but keep in mind that's one year behind from what it should be as it said in the thread. I wouldn't know if that is the case for sure but that's what was discussed there atleast. Doesn't really matter, just put a -1 to every year it gives you.
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

How the heck do you defeat the Samartians? They have invaded from the Balkans, hordes and awsome hordes.... destroying everyone in their path...including my Felix Legion (may they rest in peace) and they destroyed the Greeks and Macedonia.... It took me a long time to take one of my cities back and it was costly and it was not even a full stack. I love this challenge by the way but its insane

Also, when the rebellion starts is it the cities that rebel and some of your family members or just cities?
    Last edited by apple; September 20, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

Default RSII Questions

Hi RS2 is amazing so far but I have to campaigns one with Cheats and one without. I was just wondering before I contiued the one without cheats will the cheats effect the campign? And the next question is are the rebellions random? Cause the one during the Punic War in the begining next happened. Thanks.

Default Re: RSII Questions

Quote Originally Posted by EX_Amazing View Post
    Hi RS2 is amazing so far but I have to campaigns one with Cheats and one without. I was just wondering before I contiued the one without cheats will the cheats effect the campign? And the next question is are the rebellions random? Cause the one during the Punic War in the begining next happened. Thanks.
    If you mean will the cheats crash the game alone? No

And as for the rebellions they aren't random, they are scripted to go off at certain points so for example the first ones that you have encountered are when you are facing Hannibal which is at the start of the game.

The second occur when you have acquired 85 settlements or more which sparks the historical conflict within the republic that happened between Caesar and Pompey.

Hope that helped
    - Julius Caesar

Helped ALOT thanks for the info back to playing.

Some of my campaigns have border on their maps some don't have, how can I remove those border on the world maps?
    "Then came the ensigns encompassing the eagle, which is at the head of every Roman legion, the king, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march"-

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Agustin View Post
    Some of my campaigns have border on their maps some don't have, how can I remove those border on the world maps?
    Go to data/_IMPORTANT_STUFF/Region_borders_not_visible and copy the contents into the folder where you installed RS2 so they overwrite the campaign files.

By the way, I don't know if people know this already but I noticed two typos. In region_borders_visible and not_visible there are play_ptolomaic_empire and play_averni. They should be ptolemaic and arverni. You need to change them, otherwise they won't overwrite.
    Last edited by Praefectus praetorio; September 21, 2010 at 03:29 AM.

Thnx Alkhimachos and Cynik.

I have aquired 80 settlements and no rebellion.Boh

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LegatvsLegioXII View Post
    So long as you have the script running it will come along soon enough.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by LegatvsLegioXII View Post
    It begins at 85+
    - Julius Caesar

Can I ask what is the difference between RTW, BI and Alex engines? I have played on all of them and have not spotted a difference yet.

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

I've built the Rural settlements (all levels) in my huge cities, at first my population decreased but after a while it goes up again. Is this normal? I mean; will I have unrest again because of 'squalor' (caused by to much population) or are the rural settlements keeping them happy while the population still increases?

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Vipsanius View Post
    I've built the Rural settlements (all levels) in my huge cities, at first my population decreased but after a while it goes up again. Is this normal? I mean; will I have unrest again because of 'squalor' (caused by to much population) or are the rural settlements keeping them happy while the population still increases?
    It's one of the cool features of the game, you can encourage people to come to cities but you then have to manage them. With more people, come's higher squalor.

As a result, they become a mob and you have to entertain them + find ways to keep them clean otherwise plagues or riots will break out. It's something you have to juggle if you want to build the population up there fast

Though you do get more people to tax and levy into your armies which is always beneficial.
    - Julius Caesar

I was just playing a campaign and some custom battles with Rome and i realized that well the general when he was giving a speech was refering to the rebels as being Gauls and also the roman archers reply like they would be cretan archers so was wonderin is there going to be some kind of fix later on thank you