Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159184199200201202203204205206207208209
Results 4,161 to 4,178 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Unseengenie View Post
    Is there any way to change the culture of a city?
    No, and indeed why would there be. If you know of a way how and why, then please write a best selling book and we could perhaps implement it around the real world!
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sorry didn't clarify by culture i mean the culture buildings that cant be deleted that's in every city.

Culture isnt meant to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseengenie View Post
    Sorry didn't clarify by culture i mean the culture buildings that cant be deleted that's in every city.
    No way that I know of. Some buildings just cant be destroyed.

There may be a way of editing files to make them disappear of course.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I can't seem to understand what i should do to recruit the Numdian Noble cavalry with Carthage.

EDIT: Maybe they have been recplaced with LibyPhoenician Cavalry?
    Last edited by Stath's; April 12, 2014 at 02:28 PM.

I noticed that Hoplites in RS2 use phalangite shields.Is this more accurate?
    I thought they used the really large Hoplon(like the spartan unit does) and phalangites used smaller ones.

Is there a change or reform that happened which made them use lighter shields?

Did the Greeks experiment with different shield sizes?

Well, they are different city states, so it makes sense some might use larger or smaller shields, one doubts all the greek city states bought their aspis shields from a a single producer or something...

The greeks did start using that Thureos shield. In fact, there's some "hoplites" which are using the thureos, it isn't just the thureophoroi/thrakritai that have them.

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    I noticed that Hoplites in RS2 use phalangite shields.Is this more accurate?
    I thought they used the really large Hoplon(like the spartan unit does) and phalangites used smaller ones.

Is there a change or reform that happened which made them use lighter shields?

Did the Greeks experiment with different shield sizes?
    It could be that some states prefered smaller Aspis shields for better movement, in use with lighter hoplites to engage enemy missile units. You can imagine that an Aspis with 1 meter diameter could easily weighed 14 kg, if it was covered entirely with bronze. Take the Massalian Hoplites and Celto-Hellenik Hoplites. They have really small shields, but instead of the Xiphos sword they use the celtic longsword, the Spatha. So that means they are more capable in close quarter fights. The smaller shields also gives them better movement.

<---- It was a 2.6 issue. --->
    Last edited by Zarcas; April 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Does the trait "Regional Governor" ever off?
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

can anybody give me some tips on how to make phalanxs keep their formation longer?they go to swords way to quickly with BIexe
    or does it work properly only with alex? i started an pontic campaign but got my ass kicked in almost all battles so far(not really lost but way to many deaths.)
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Does the trait "Regional Governor" ever off?
    Normally, after a few turns that trait disappears when your general is out of any city. But you can do it quicker... You can cheat it away...

can anybody give me some tips on how to make phalanxs keep their formation longer?they go to swords way to quickly with BIexe
    or does it work properly only with alex? i started an pontic campaign but got my ass kicked in almost all battles so far(not really lost but way to many deaths.)
    Yes, that is often an annoying problem in BI. But only happens when enemy phalangites break through your own wall or your ground is bad. On the Alex.exe, phalanx works better but BI is better in my opinion. Shieldwall, agressive AI... Hm, well I don't use shieldwall anymore with hoplites. I have edited their formation so that they form the tradional greek phalanx. Looks waaay better...

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    Yes - don't 'attack' with them. That's not how they were used. March them - aiming 'behind' the enemy line. This is just the same in Rome2 as well.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Why was the Roman treasury split into smaller ones all over Italy and the Islands?
    Every other faction has 1 or 2 treasuries which can make campaigns more unique but Rome will never lose in any campaign.

Is there a specific reason why its not just placed in Rome?
    I have seen the Ptolemys break the Seleucids many times and i have also seen them lose.
    The Barbarian factions are probably the most unpredictable, sometimes Gallaeci take over Iberia and Gaul and even NA and sometimes they get conquered fast.Boii and Belgae are also like this.

I think it could make campaigns more varied if Rome falls every now and again.(has anyone seen this happen?)
    Maybe i just havent seen this yet?

From my experience it seems that those changes always come from the loss of a treasury.
    The Belgae one and Antioch have been the most common to fall in my campaigns but could it actually be a balance thing?

I know there are some plans to improve the campaigns so i was wondering what exactly might be changed.

Because rome won irl, so they're a final boss. Rome also gets revenge (emergency levy) stacks whenever they lose any starting settlement in Italy. Up to three of them...

Regardless, if you start next to them, then it would be well advised to kill them first

Why do they never develop pikes, but do get cataphracts? Same thing, though in rs2 you can get cataphracts before ever seeing them, or get heavily armored anti-dacian legionaries after you've wiped out Dacia and the like
    Last edited by Alavaria; April 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

Thats interesting but why dont they have a central treasury?
    Also, wouldnt it be more interesting if they lost every now and then?
    You can see it with the other factions as well even though they might have survived a bit longer IRL.

I understand the idea but i think we are missing out by not seeing other factions becoming end-game superpowers instead.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i have seen other factions become superpowers in late game. in my roman campaign boii and seleucid are verry strong and are the most advanced factions.
    with my old 2.5 pergamon campaign ive seen carthage wipe out rome if i remember correct.imo the balance is good who become strong nations
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

So it is possible then?Thats good to know.
    I havent seen it happen yet but it should be interesting.

I am also playing a Roman campaign and the Boii have one region left(defeated by Dacia and Cimbri).
    The Seleucids are still strong but they lost 2 regions to Egypt and 3 to Parthia.