Page 204 of 209 FirstFirst ... 104154179194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

I have a suggestion for the upcoming patch 2.6. I think it would be sensible to at least double or triple the distance ships can travel on the campaign map. Right now, they travel about as far as armies do in one turn and often even much less than that when the armies use advanced roads. The increased travel distance for ships makes sense, as right now, a ship would take six months to travel from Rome to eastern Spain (assuming a turn is six months in 'real' time). The roman conquest of Hispania was possible because ships could travel from Italy to Spain at a fast pace. Otherwise a conquest of Gaul would have been much more logical at the time. It feels as though upon the conversion from the RTW map to the RSII map, the max land unit travel distances have been increased proportional to the expansion of the scale of the map, but the ships have been entirely left alone. That feels a bit awkward.

I must admit that I have argued more for the land movement to be reduced instead......

There is a danger in increasing the ship movement more - and that is that any chance of stopping seaborne invasions goes right out the window! Let alone it becomes easier again for the player.

In the ancient world nearly all ship movement was confined to coastal routes - very little open water sailing, so this is another reason the overall distance is curtailed.

There is, perhaps, the need to review the distance(s) a land force can move when it is accompanied by a General with distance increasing traits and then Retinue as well. 100% increase is quite possible at present.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Well, i have a question.

I saw in a lot of post that there is a bug with the VH campaign.
    Is it really true ? Beacause i have seen some post which were saying that it was only a rumor ? (Sorry for my bad english ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-OF-Blade View Post
    Well, i have a question.

I saw in a lot of post that there is a bug with the VH campaign.
    Is it really true ? Beacause i have seen some post which were saying that it was only a rumor ? (Sorry for my bad english ^^)
    Well, in my Sig is a quote and the background from one of the Forum Guru's whom I have absolutely no concern about believing. He asked the RTW Developers and got a straight answer - so I am happy to quote it and help players to a better game.

I have found 'Hard' campaigns to produce a subtle difference over 'Medium' (when playing as the Romans) and if you're experienced, then I think I'd recommend that.

The Battles are shaping up to be well balanced on 'Medium', but it looks as if there might be late changes. 'Hard' should be for those that want more of a challenge. VH battles are still likely to be very distorted and I don't recommend them. Depending on the changes, however, people might still want them.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Yes i saw the quote, just after asking for it ^^
    So this is really true.
    Thanks dude !
    I'm winning VH battle but...with high cost ^^'And i can't face others army which are following, because of that ( and maybe i'm not so good ^^)
    So i'm going to play in H/H i think ^^.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Hey guys I just started playing again after about a year lul.

A couple questions on education

I have a macedonian campaign and my new guys have a trait of "epbebhian" or whatever it is. Does this mean that specific education is complete or is there something I have to do to continue it? Since the trait seems to have no effects.

Parthian education question: My new family members have the trait of "frahangestan" which gives them -3 to almost all attributes. It says it lasts 9 turns but its been far more than 9 turns and they still have it. Am I supposed to be doing something specifically with them for 9 turns?
    You look great today.

The Ephebian trait means that he has completed the training, as far as i know.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Ephebian means that this character has grown in to an adult.

And what of the Parthian Frahangestan trait?
    You look great today.

I believe you just leave him in a settlement with for 9 turns. (maybe it has to have an academy?)

heres the trait code
    Code:
    Trait Parthian_Education    Characters family
        ExcludeCultures nomad, barbarian, carthaginian, roman, greek, egyptian

Level Early_Education                  ;;comesofage level
        Description Early_Education_desc
        EffectsDescription Early_Education_effects_desc
        Threshold 1

Effect Management -3 
            Effect Influence -2
            Effect Command -3

Level Teen_Education
        Description Teen_Education_desc
        EffectsDescription Teen_Education_effects_desc
        Threshold 3

Effect Management -1 
            Effect Influence -1
            Effect Command -1

Level Adult_Education
        Description Adult_Education_desc
        EffectsDescription Adult_Education_effects_desc
        Threshold 6

Level Full_Education
        Description Full_Education_desc
        EffectsDescription Full_Education_effects_desc
        GainMessage Full_Education_gain_desc
        Threshold 10

Effect Management 1 
            Effect Influence 1
            Effect Command 1
    and here's the trigger code for the Parthian education
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------Trigger Parthian_Education_01
        WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition IsGeneral
              and FactionType parthia

Affects Parthian_Education  1  Chance  100

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Parthian_Education_02
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
              and FactionType parthia
              and EndedInSettlement
              and SettlementBuildingExists >= academy
              and Trait Parthian_Education > 0

Affects Parthian_Education  1  Chance  100
    And finally here is the Descriptions
    Code:
    --------------------Trait Parthian_Education

{Early_Education}    Frahangestan

{Early_Education_desc}
    Frahangestan: literally, 'place of education'. This young man has completed his education in the arts of writing, religious instruction, physical education, and training in courtly arts and manners. He has also learned to write and memorize the Yasts, Hadoxt, Bayan Yasn, and Videvdad...the religious texts of his people. But he is young and lacks any experience, so he should be allowed to proceed with his education. The entire process will involve 9 turns.

{Early_Education_effects_desc}
    -3 Management, -3 Command, -2 Influence

¬--------------------

{Teen_Education}    Military Arts

{Teen_Education_desc}
    This young man has begun his education in the arts of riding, archery and other military matters.

{Teen_Education_effects_desc}
    -1 Management, -1 Command, -1 Influence

¬--------------------

{Adult_Education}    Government Arts

{Adult_Education_desc}
    This young noblemen has progressed to a tutored education in the skills of running a town or city, and making use of all administrative assets available to him, should he choose a governing career.

{Adult_Education_effects_desc}
    None

¬--------------------

{Full_Education}    Completed Education

{Full_Education_desc}
    This prince has trained in horsemanship, archery, hunting, and the arts of war, as well as social etiquette, ceremonial rites, conduct on festive occasions, and delivery of orations. The results of his education will enable him to (hopefully) be a better leader.

{Full_Education_effects_desc}
    +1 Management, +1 Command, +1 Influence

{Full_Education_gain_desc}
    This young noblemen has progressed to a tutored education in the skills of running a town or city, and making use of all administrative assets available to him, should he choose a governing career.

¬--------------------
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

and SettlementBuildingExists >= academy

Yup I believe this is it. And I haven't seen the academy building to build because I didn't have the tribal justice pre-req. Thanks a lot mate.

Also do the wonders of the world have any ingame effect? When I took the temple of zeus I didn't notice anything.
    Last edited by Alkarin; July 24, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    You look great today.

No problem, my pleasure.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-OF-Blade View Post
    Yes i saw the quote, just after asking for it ^^
    So this is really true.
    Thanks dude !
    I'm winning VH battle but...with high cost ^^'And i can't face others army which are following, because of that ( and maybe i'm not so good ^^)
    So i'm going to play in H/H i think ^^.
    VH campaign is broken. So play H for campaign. Battle should be hard or very hard.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

[QUOTE=
    Also do the wonders of the world have any ingame effect? When I took the temple of zeus I didn't notice anything.[/QUOTE]

Yes al wonders give bonus,but you have to build wonder base building i believe after that you can rebuild the wonder,only piramids give exrta loyalty from the time you capture it.

Hello

Did you guys take out ancillaries from Vanilla? or add new ones?

I have the problem, well not really a problem, that the same ancillaries pop up (greek physician, honest advisor, battle messenger) again and again

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Hello

Did you guys take out ancillaries from Vanilla? or add new ones?

I have the problem, well not really a problem, that the same ancillaries pop up (greek physician, honest advisor, battle messenger) again and again
    You can edit the export_descr_ancillaries file and the effects of the ancillaries very easily. Just back up the old files and tinker with them until you're happy.

I adjusted the triggers for the drinking companion particularly; he was popping up everywhere I had trade, and it was turning most of my gov's into alcoholics, which was ahistorical for Romans, IMO.

Now if we can just do something about the rampant addiction to butt sex....i.e. the catamite trait. It's way, way too common.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

sorry dbl post
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; August 02, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Domesticus

When it comes to armies and their spawning, is the AI designed to function differently with Rome?

I ask because in my current Boii campaign, the AI as Rome has been pumping armies since like 550 A.U.C and im already at 600. Im not even attacking roman regions and they just keep coming with proper full armies/legions.

Now, i find this curious since this NEVER happens with other factions, unless one starts taking it's cities, which is the only ocasion when full, ordered armies spawn, while the rest is just combined armies of units with hardly any experience or armor upgrades.

Domesticus

Edit: Double post, TW is screwed up again.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Roman AI recruitment is scripted so they can levy full legions, otherwise the AI would recruit stacks as you see for other factions.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE