Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kt1989 View Post
    I am changing units' figures to make the pace of battles faster since I don't have much time to play everyday .Anyway, I have decreased defence a bit in rome folder and what about those in others ? I know the unit file in rome folder is adjusted from others but are the files for the rest countries' the same ? I wonder if I can change one and then copy the it to others
    Rome´s folders are different from others. One-turn folders are also diferent in recruiting time from 0-turn. Most of the 0-turn use the main EDU in data but all you need to do is check inside each faction folder.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

These are the unique ones
    C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Roma Surrectum\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\EDU changes\Default

I can't get the AI to accept a ceasefire. I've decimated them, I try offering 40000 gold and cities but still they won't take the ceasefire.

Is there a trick to it I can use?

Force Diplomacy works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Force Diplomacy works.
    How does that work exactly?

Right. Almost 2 weeks ago in my Dacian campaign I fought against the Scythians. Many battles, 3 regions stolen... Many turns they besieged my cities (Well, where their cities before I came...), I slaughtered them with Daio's and Bastarnae... Then I got sick to fight easy battles against them. So I asked for peace with trade and a good payment. They never accepted... Well, Force Diplomacy worked then. Since a week they leave me alone...

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    How does that work exactly?
    Go with your diplomat to the faction where you want to have peace with them. Click at any settlement or army that is in the near and the diplomacy window opens. Now you make your proposals/demands. Then click on the Questionmarkbutton. The advisor will pop up. Then click on the "Show me how" Button and it should work. That's Force Diplomacy.

I'm not a fan of too many non-family tree governors. What happens if I kill off everyone but the Maximus's? Also, is it possible to change my family tree to the Scipios?

Is there any way to keep up with my fh's? Because the family tree only shows the leading families tree for me and its annoying, constantly having to look through every single fm to see who's my new heir is just so i can check and see if he is the next pawn in this great big chess game.

Is there any way to keep up with my fh's? Because the family tree only shows the leading families tree for me and its annoying, constantly having to look through every single fm to see who's my new heir is just so i can check and see if he is the next pawn in this great big chess game.

The game starts in 217 BC. Philip V is 24, but he should only be 21.

Odesos's Avatar Civis

A strange thing from my Bosphoran game.The Bosphoran Elite Heavy inf. got light weapons ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Odesos View Post
    A strange thing from my Bosphoran game.The Bosphoran Elite Heavy inf. got light weapons ?!?
    No, quite normal - the Roman Late Auxilia are also Heavy Infantry, but have Light Weapons. For them, vis a vis the Legionary cohorts, it's the difference between Pila & Javelins (Lancea?)
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Odesos's Avatar Civis

most of the time i play auto combat(my pc can`t handle the battles well)and i can`t see them in fight.Also,what is the proper history accurate Bosporan army?

I would say a mix of greek/ scythian/ sarmatian units. My most used army composition as Bosporus was 4 Levy Pikemens, 2 Bosporan Hoplites, 2 Thraikan Falxmen, 2 Elite Thorakitai Hoplites, 2 Bosporan Heavy Infantry, 1 Scythian Royal Infantry, 2 Roxolani Nobels or Tanais Cataphrakts and 3 units of Royal Scythian Cavalry.

That's not optimal, the fewer different units you have and wider AOR they have is what works best.

Hm, that's individual choice. With this army composition I conquered the entire steppes to the map end and destroyed the Sarmatians. Of course they have a large unit pool with very good units, so you can be creative with army compositions. One point I really like about that faction. The only problem that I have with that army composition is that, that I must be careful with some units. The regions where I can retrain them gets more and more. But that adds a logistic challenge. The steppes are not easy to conquer.

Well I always use uniform armies, makes it easier for me strategically.

Odesos's Avatar Civis

what is the % movement bonus on roads upgrade
    Land of ancients kings,khans,Tzar and Emperors

okay i'm need help deciding on what type of units should i use, I'm still in the early republic and i use 5 poly units. 3 native units, 2 velites, 2 archers, 2 equilites, and 2 native cav(sometimes i add a extra nativ cav or a ballista,in a full army followed by 3 poly units 3 more native infantry, 1 velite, 1 archer, 1 equilite and 1 natve cav. Is this the best way to represent the early republic legions, if not can u post a format the fits the role better.(I didn't mention a general is impled for obvious reasons, Their ROMANS.)