Page 20 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570120 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Comes Limitis

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

I love this mod and admire all this dedication and smart tweaks made, but IMO the factions are to balanced. All civilized factions basically can levy quality units being very similar(heavy inf with javelin, phalangites, javelin-cav, heavy cav etc) feels like everyone has them at the same time so it kinda doesnt matter who you play in that regard. I kinda feel that the specific unit-roster strengths and weaknesses are to close to each other now.

Also I think elite units should take allot more turns to recruit and elite-barracks allot more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Ave!

I use RSII on RTW-BI.- 1.6 and work perfectly. but I have some questions:
    1. I try to install Alex 1.9 -was is missing for mee yet.
    How better Alex AI as BI Ai ?? Better campaign AI like BI ?Or better battle AI too ?
    2. If i try installing Alex 1.9 , may i deinstall RSII ? Or i can simply over it?( and yes sorry my bad english)
    I think you can just install it over your RS 2. Alex has all (or most) of it's files in it's own folder and if that breaks the game just install RS 2 over it again. No need to reinstall RTW/BI.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I play 0 turn reqruitment campaign with romans and i am in consatnt war in every direction.
    I played a huge battle ussing 3 full legions ,heading 4 full stack Iberians.
    The problem is not that the battle holds a lot of time.
    The problem is that cavalry can not make a levy unit to rout when charging from the rear or behind (unguarded section).
    Pilum has to few power. Some said that roman unit did not made strong enough to avoid suip the world.
    That would be true but what is the point of ussing pilum when has no "power" even when a cohort uses it against a levy opponet from behind too.
    The team must re create the factors when a unit should rout no matter how ellite it will be.
    A unit can not stay and win against 4 egual size and type units of the enemy that has suround it!
    I had a very expiriend legion that three cohorts flanged the ennemy and charged against levy javelinmen that faught other cohorts and the levies had no casualties at all.

Late roman cavalry with maximum expirience (campaign) can not rout unarmored and unexpirienced levy archers and slingers..

I like the slow battles because i see them as "moovies" and enjoy even defeats. But the team must reconsider the moralle and other stats of the units in order the players tactics that based on real ones should have some use.
    Please take a look to this matter.
    You should make sure to engage the units with your infantry and then charge from behind with your cavalry. THe unit's will rouit almost instantly. Move your cavalry away once more and keep caring there lines from the back. Works every time for me. About the pilum, well the pilum was used to inflict damage to the armour, not killing the solider himself.

Quote Originally Posted by shireknight View Post
    Playing as Rome on 1 turn recruitment game.

Well I finally got to play properly this weekend and wow what a superb piece of work this mod is I am totally fascinated by the campaign system with all the different building types, the team have really built on what CA did and made the game much more detailed with regards to the trade and well just the general running of cities bravo guys.

I probably clocked up a good 15-20 hours this weekend and even now I've only just discovered how to build Allied cohorts in my Italian cities lol, I haven't even dared click on those "annex region" or "keep as client state" options yet and I know I've barely scratched the surface.

Inevitably I have a list of questions from playing but thanks to posts around the board I've got them down to just two now so if anyone could help I would appreciate it please

Question 1: I've captured a couple of large cities and they contain barracks (something none of my cities contain) but they are not allowing me to recruit any units, however the cities also contain ports which do let me recruit advanced ships like Quadremes which has confused me. Is this a cultural thing and are we supposed to destroy all non-Roman buildings like in the normal game so we can replace them with our own versions? I ask because I've noticed that some Roman buildings are still appearing like the Opedium even though I have not destroyed any buildings in those cities yet so does that mean Roman and non-Roman buildings work side by side in RS2 or do you need to eliminate the non-Roman cultural buildings like normal?

Question 2: A modding question, can I mod the city stone wall towers so that they cannot fire inwards, is it easy and can someone tell me what to do please?

Thanks guys, you all deserve to win modding awards for this piece of work
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin1 View Post
    What's the recommended "grace period" to give the other factions before you start expanding against them? Is it still 40 turns like in 1.6?
    1: All factions got there own barracks so that you can't just upgrade the old ones and use those, this is intentionally so that you need to build up from the beginning. Some other buildings can be upgraded and some can not. YOu will have to try and learn as I don't know exactly which buildings that can and cannot.

2: I got no idea about that. Try asking in the RTW modding section. They know more about these subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by endel2005 View Post
    Ok now this is a funny question errr statement....
    A. There appeared a rebel army in Sicily
    B. The rebel general was Gaius Iulius Caesar LOL
    C. I attempted to bribe him and he accepted LOL
    D. The game then crashed LOL
    I am going to reload a save game.. then try to attack him this time.. to see if I can atleast get rid of him..Maybe his name shouldnt be assigned to a rebel army to keep this from happening?
    The Bribing function isn't working right now in some cases. So don't use the bribing function until we have fixed it. We hope to fix it in the first patch.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

"About the pilum, well the pilum was used to inflict damage to the armour, not killing the solider himself."

Not necessarily, light infantrymen were very effective in killing armored elite troops, such as for instant the defeat of the Spartan hoplites by only light infantrymen (continues missile fire) at the battle of Sphacteria (425BC).

Apple you quoted me but didn't answer. I was just wondering if you guys had a recommended wait period before launching out against the rest of the factions.

O sorry I missed that.
    No there is no recomended wait period.
    The only recommendation we have is that you should never blitz.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Quote Originally Posted by redinside View Post
    ...The well done building tree help me a lot for what concern the new development cities system...
    I have tried to fiqure out the new building tree. Where is it? Is it documented somewhere?
    “Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.” - Winston Churchill.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    I have tried to fiqure out the new building tree. Where is it? Is it documented somewhere?
    You could always look in the building browser in-game for your settlement to get an idea on what to build.

It's honestly pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post
    You could always look in the building browser in-game for your settlement to get an idea on what to build.

Some thing don't show up there.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

for what except the rebellions do i need the script which im activating after loading the game each time again?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    for what except the rebellions do i need the script which im activating after loading the game each time again?
    It fiddles with faction finances, bailing the AI out a bit when it's being retarded, and financially pegging back the superpowers a little (a kind of script-induced version of the corruption that cities get)

At least, from what I've read on the forums, that seems to be the case.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    O sorry I missed that.
    No there is no recomended wait period.
    The only recommendation we have is that you should never blitz.
    Not even if you're trying to be Alexander?!?

Any news about the Faction Intro Movies?

Permenion's Avatar Foederatus

Hey all, got 2 questions...

1) Why do all my Roman family members get the trait "Venerates the Gods", and consequentially,
    1/4th of my family members/generals gets the name "The Pious"... Not very nice to play with nothing else than pious people...

2)Is it possible to adopt a general into the family deliberately? (I mean , without the game suggesting you a "candidate for adoption")

-Permenion

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

1) There is currently a problem with the traits which causes a number of generals to acquire 'the pious' - this is known and will be fixed with the patch when it comes out (it was noticed by Tone prior to relase as some files got mixed up, however, we decided that it was a minor annoyance and it was far better to not delay the release for another couple of days).

2) No

P.S. We don't know when the patch will be made or released as yet. There is no 'game breaking' bug.
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 13, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I looked at my family tree to look at the age of all my children and noticed that I don't have a family heir, then I noticed that loads of people are missing from the tree, I've now read about this in Dvk901's answer thread but his answer is really complicated so a basic quick question please -If my leader dies and an heir who is not shown on my current screen takes the place of faction leader will the tree change to show him and his family or will it still show the original faction leaders family for the rest of the game?

It will show the new faction leaders family tree.
    Son of Legio

The unit description from "Cohors V GAllorum" states "bonus agains cavalery" in contrary to "Cohors III Alpinorum" which seems not to have the bonus trait. But in the EDU the stats seem pretty much the same. I always thought, these descriptions where generated automatically from the EDU?

Short: Do the Cohors Alpinorum have bonuses versus cav or not?

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Yeah just play around a bit you will learn.

And yes it's unavoidable (the first roman rebellion).
    Sorry to speak against you apple but it is indeed avoidable. of course the script triggers itself nonetheless and even the faction is created, but I defeated hannibal in turn two and none of my cities rebelled against me, even capua didn't. just thought I might mention that.

great time in my roman campaign so far, good and hard difficulty (on H/H) wich really seems a good challenge so far! Love it
    "Cogito, ergo sum. !"

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

When you are playing rome:
    The "market line" of buildings finishing by curia I think. Does not incerase tradeable goods outside starting cities making all those buildings completely useless. Minor incerase to tax and to happiness 17% and 5% at curia is nothing compared to the time and cost of those buildings.

And market gives 0,5% to population growth, which suddenly disapers when upgraded to next lvl.
    Last edited by NerZhulen; September 14, 2010 at 03:52 AM.

Marcus_Vipsanius's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post

I find the Building Browser useful, but some buildings are still missing. Like the 'villa'-'Large Villa'. Is that because the number of buildings is numbered in the building browser?

I would be helpfull to see all buildings in the browser.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get him as soon as you can, strike him as hard as you can and keep moving on.
    (Ulysses S. Grant)

ROMA SURRECTUM II-FAN