Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

They're barbarian settlements.

They're barbarian settlements.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"(~)" doesnt work, and what kind of settlements?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Originally Posted by DrakeNL

finally, after 5 hours of searching (im a total newb when it comes to stuff like this and was just like, hey lets try this XD) I found out how u can make the console work on vista

first, you go to the map "data".
    now go to the map "text".
    use a standard text editor (like notepad/word etc.) to open "descr_shortcuts"
    go down until u see "misc." (at the start of the line)
    there should be a line with "show_console" here, and it says "hidden" behind it.
    remove "hidden"

start Rome: Total War, go to controls and press reset to default
    there should now be a line "show debug console" in the list of misc. controls
    set whatever key u like to it, press the key during the game, and there you go, a nice console

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

hi there i wanna change my preferences for rsII but
    i cant open the file from the launcher witch i always have to open as administrator
    is that because i have installed rsII on the program files of creative assambly??

Yes, either that or you're not admin of your PC.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

thanks ferdiad for quick reply
    can i just copie/ paste it to other folder without losing any saves

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

believe so...i would copy the entire RS2 install then delete the one in program files. You will need to edit the shortcut.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    thanks ferdiad for quick reply
    can i just copie/ paste it to other folder without losing any saves
    Yes, there is a save folder in the RS II install.

When I was watching a Let's Plays RS 2 series on YT by a guy who names himself Lucius Septimus, I saw that his Seleucid king has a trait called "Strategos tes Syrias".

Currently I'm also playing RS 2.5 as Seleucids, however I haven't seen these "hellenistic career path" traits as of yet and it's been over 20 years in my campaign. A few of my settlements have academies and 2 recently captured cities even have Ludi Magni (Alexandria and Pergamon).

Is it some problem with my installation or perhaps I need to build something first or just wait a few years for my governors to receive such traits?

At this moment, none of my governors/generals is a strategos/satrapos of any region.

Tia for any tips.

2 Questions :
    Googled this into oblivion and no avail, many guesses no actual triggers.

1st: What triggers the cimbri invasion. Had it, minimized my game to start fraps to take pictures of upcoming battles... and the damn flash screen bug occurred. And now following turns cimbri dont show up. What exactly triggers.

2nd: The allied Barracks II lets you train triarii allies etc. It says it takes -50 tax bonus. The question related to this is that why do some actually take away the bonus and others dont? And some that innitially didn't show them taking it away if I destroy them the tax income for the city sky rockets.

So how do I know there is an actual penalty. Is easy if it shows it to me I got no problem with that. But some cities like Rhodos didn't show a penalty, it didn't show the tax little bags blinking and telling me huge penalty incoming. But cities like Rhodos later on if I make a test in destroying the barrack it increases my income. So... some cities show the penalty outright, some dont show it, and like Ariminum even many turns later they dont have a penalty, but some like Rhodos DONT shwo a penalty when I built it, and yet many turns later there is actually a penalty.

So... wth?

EDIT:

Extra question

Some other mods like Five good emperor mini mod or w.e shows that there is canal linking the red sea to the Mediterranean. The Pharaohs canal. Guess what I am trying to ask is... can I change the campaign map by adding a canal or no?
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; March 05, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

I have a suggestion,why not have an option that increases movement points radically. i know that the current system offers a lot, but i feel we should have greater movement range. For instance Darius,when preparing to invade Greece, the mercenaries he recruited in the Bactrian took only 6 months to reach him in Persepolis/Somewhere Iran , so perhaps we should have an option to have larger movement point? There are a lot of other example that show armies traversing equally large distances in shot time periods. I think this could also increase difficulty during invasion. IE- the defending faction can send reinforcements faster,thus stalling invasion and making expansion harder. Also in my campaigns i cannot field elite units that commonly as the regions that can raise them are far away so maybe this could help?

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

I think the Cimbri invasion is triggered by completing the building of a large City in Akragas.

Akragas is already a large city unfortunately.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

declare_counter Cimbri_Invasion

monitor_event BuildingCompleted SettlementName Akragas
    and FactionIsLocal
    and SettlementBuildingFinished = proconsuls_palace

Guessing then the script might not have been running unfortunately.

Sorry, to butt in again, but If this thread is not appropriate for asking such questions as the one I asked in my previous post (#3981 -- about governors not getting titles of "satrap/strategos" in my campaign), then where could I post it?

The only thread I could found about Greek Careers System merely displayed the features which should be present in RS2.5, it didn't explain what the player should do if these career possibilities do not appear in his particular game.

Quote Originally Posted by asmodeus585 View Post
    Sorry, to butt in again, but If this thread is not appropriate for asking such questions as the one I asked in my previous post (#3981 -- about governors not getting titles of "satrap/strategos" in my campaign), then where could I post it?

The only thread I could found about Greek Careers System merely displayed the features which should be present in RS2.5, it didn't explain what the player should do if these career possibilities do not appear in his particular game.
    Check out this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Information
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Guessing then the script might not have been running unfortunately.

So that means it is when Akragas reaches as a large city then..
    ...that is... bleep*. Is there any way to "demote" a city building that you cant destroy... As in demoting large city to normal city? no.?

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    That's exactly the one thread I was referring to and it says nothing of any help to me (or perhaps I cannot find it there).

My problem is that this wonderful trait system described in that thread doesn't seem to work at all in my campaign. They say they fixed the 'coward' bug, yet it still appears weirdly often in my campaign, they say your governor could become a strategos of particular region, yet none of my governors has received such trait as of yet (or any other trait/title which is supposed to be a part of the RS 2.5 system).

What I wanna know is whether I need to do/build something in my camaign in order for those traits to appear or perhaps I should just re-install the game?