Yep

MrCrapsley's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Yep
    Including setting your launch options?

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    The Bug you are referring to is the second roman rebellion bug that happens very late in the game. For now, it is a never ending rebellion that keeps happening.
    i guess it's a scripted "event"
    so wouldn't be that solved simply by deleting the script of the 2nd rebellion ? (tought i cant find where the scripts are, in med2 they are in campaign_script but in rome that file doesn't have any scripts inside )

i did a bit more of research and i found that this 2nd rebellion starts when you have x number of settlements, maybe if we raise that to 200 settlements the rebellion doesn't appear.. (199 is the max of settlements you can have, the sea counts as 1 settlement, so no 2nd rebellion)

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrapsley View Post
    Including setting your launch options?
    turned the steam option on yes

Guys does version 2.1a has roman rebellion bug?

Domesticus

This "Drinking Companion" retinue is seriously out of control. Even without the Wise man's cabin building, a considerable amount of characters receive this thing

Icon1 Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

I have been reading my history into the Island of Rhodes recently from various places, and I find it a very interesting read. Here is a good summary excerpt of the time used the game for Rhodes.

From Wiki:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Rhodes strategic goals throughout the 3rd century were to secure her independence and her commerce, most especially her virtual control over the grain trade in the eastern Mediterranean. Both of these goals were dependent upon no one of the three great Hellenistic states achieving dominance, and consequently the Rhodians pursued a policy of maintaining a balance of power among the Antigonids, Seleucids and Ptolemies, even if that meant going to war with her traditional ally, Egypt. To this end they employed as leverage their economy and their excellent navy, which was manned by proverbially the finest sailors in the Mediterranean world: “If we have ten Rhodians, we have ten ships.”
    Rhodes successfully carried on this policy through the course of the 3rd century, an impressive achievement for what was essentially a democratic state. By the end of that period, however, the balance of power was crumbling, as declining Ptolemaic power made Egypt an attractive target for Seleucid ambitions. In the 203/2 the young and dynamic kings of Antigonid Macedon and Seleucid Asia, Philip V and Antiochus III, agreed to accept – at least temporarily - one another’s military plans, Philip’s campaign in the Aegean and western Anatolia and Antiochus’ final solution of the Egyptian question. Heading a coalition of small states that checked Philip’s navy but not his superior army and now without a third power to which to turn, the Rhodians appealed in 201 to the newest world power, Rome.
    Despite being exhausted by the titanic conflict against Hannibal (218-201) the Romans agreed to intervene, having already been stabbed in the back by Philip during the war against Carthage. The Senate saw the appeal from Rhodes and her allies as the opportunity to pressure Philip, perhaps into submission but more likely war, and to do so with ready naval allies and under an excellent PR banner: “Freedom for the Greeks!” The result was the Second Macedonian War (200-196), which ended Macedon’s role as a major player and preserved Rhodian independence.

I think it would be awesome to have a faction for Rhodes; being fiercely independent and arrogant (to ancient scholars - even more than Rome). It would be fun to play a faction that relies on an very powerful navy in the eastern Mediterranean; while not being Seleucid, or Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    This "Drinking Companion" retinue is seriously out of control. Even without the Wise man's cabin building, a considerable amount of characters receive this thing
    You haven't met many 'soldiers' have you!

I'm sure almost every Barbarian Chieftain deserves a good Drinking Companion to share mead with.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Do not forget Macedonians, they were famous for their drinking parties, even if they burned down the royal palace of Persepolis by accident.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Adding to that a bit, as Rhodes one might have all kinds of options to expand into (Obviously Greece, Turkey. If you wanted a challenge - the desert, and Egypt head on; anywhere to land your boats. )

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Great work, unfortunately it seems that the game doesn't run well on my computer.

Don't preorder games!

And why is that?
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

He has a bad computer.

karan42's Avatar Laetus

Where do I find the movies?

Domesticus

Isn't there a solution to the thorakitai issue? That is, they don't switch to their swords.

Im testing a pontic thorakitai agaisnt a principes unit and, despite being superior stat wise, the pontic unit still gets crushed.

Edit: I still find it curious that a pilla attack from a roman unit inflicts more casualties than my own, despite that same unit having lower defense value.

I tested it while marching. The roman unit comes out on top cause apparently it has a longer range. I tested it with my unit standing still. Their attack inflicts between 5-10 casualties, while my own does none, 2 at best.
    Last edited by Grimbold; February 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Makes sense, they are probably drilled to perfect the trow making it more lethal. They where solders after all while the other unit was most likely pressed into service by some big hairy and mean looking German and just wants to go back home to plow the wife and fields.

Last edited by Drowsy; February 22, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Makes sense, they are probably drilled to perfect the trow making it more lethal. They where solders after all while the other unit was most likely pressed into service by some big hairy and mean looking German and just wants to go back home to plow the wife and fields.

Javelin throwing units were around for centuries in a great deal of cultures / peoples, including the greek culture, which armies were composed of a skirmish section that included javelin throwers.
    Thuerophoroi and Thorakitai are just advanced forms of these units.

I don't know how can that constitute a argument for longer range for the roman unit

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Could it be to show that one pilum is heavier than the other and therefore can be thrown further?