Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

You need to edit in the Descr_moddel_battle file in order to do that. There might be some issues though.
    One, and guessing that Pergamon share the animation with a lot of other hoplites, any change will affect the units that share the same DMB entry.

Other, the skeletons involved are probably, fs_spearmen and fs_o_f spearmen or fs1_hoplite. What might happen is that the spear positions might be reversed and you will end with the unit stabbing with the buttspike. That might happen or not.

I sugest finding a good tutorial if you want to do that and back up the DMB and EDU before starting.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Numring

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    It helps to stop thinking of a single stack as a legion If a single assault stack contains a general, archers, skirmishers, cavalry & legionaries have it accompanied by 2-3 more stacks with 'backup' units & tribunes.

If i invade a large region i usually take a full stack of legionaries sometimes two, one stack of archers, another stack of cavalry etc etc and then form armies when battle is offered, merging them back together afterwards, allows them to operate for a long time and it's easy to notice when reinforcements are required to be send from Rome.
    That's actually a really good idea! I will try that once 2.6 is out which then hopefully fixes my crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    You need to edit in the Descr_moddel_battle file in order to do that. There might be some issues though.
    One, and guessing that Pergamon share the animation with a lot of other hoplites, any change will affect the units that share the same DMB entry.

Other, the skeletons involved are probably, fs_spearmen and fs_o_f spearmen or fs1_hoplite. What might happen is that the spear positions might be reversed and you will end with the unit stabbing with the buttspike. That might happen or not.

I sugest finding a good tutorial if you want to do that and back up the DMB and EDU before starting.
    Thanks for replying Tried doing the above + replacing the type of the Early Libyan Spearmen from fs_o_f spearmen to fs_spearmen and Late Libyan Spearmen, but to no effect.
    It seems this issue will forever haunt my RS2.

Edit: Scratch that, I was being an idiot and tested changes on the 0-turn campaign on 1-turn. Now I just get an error telling me that ids must be unique. Gonna remove that id change on the Early spearmen

Edit2: HA f*ing ZAHH! My troops obey me. I will now conquer all night long without getting incredibly annoyed Big rep to you good sir!
    Last edited by illerkiller; February 08, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I always prefered the new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Numring View Post
    That's actually a really good idea! I will try that once 2.6 is out which then hopefully fixes my crashes
    Try and fix your CTDs first - for I promise you that, with a very few exceptions due to map glitches, v.2.5 is stable. v2.6 will have fixed as many map glitches that I could find (you won't believe how many battles I've fought in the last year), but nothing much else in terms of 'stability'.

It's Player's PCs, their settings and the presence of other s/w that causes the problems - promise. I've now hundreds of hours of playing with no CTDs to back that up.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Micon's Avatar Civis

I got two questions today:
    1: Can I make more than two units share the same unit model? Because when I look through the descr_model_battle I see that most of the legion units share their model with another legion, example the Minervia and the Adiutrix share the same model. In the dmb I see that while one of them belong to Brutii and the other is listed as a merc, is this a countermeasure allowing a faction to have more than one unit per model? Can I make a third unit with the same unit model?
    2: The second question is which files, and how, I must edit for changing the AOR of legionary units and auxilia units for Rome.
    Any help is appreciated.

EDIT 1: Problem 1 solved.
    Last edited by Micon; February 12, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Try and fix your CTDs first - for I promise you that, with a very few exceptions due to map glitches, v.2.5 is stable. v2.6 will have fixed as many map glitches that I could find (you won't believe how many battles I've fought in the last year), but nothing much else in terms of 'stability'.

It's Player's PCs, their settings and the presence of other s/w that causes the problems - promise. I've now hundreds of hours of playing with no CTDs to back that up.
    Well the common solutions don't work for me so I'm basically hoping it's the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Numring View Post
    Well the common solutions don't work for me so I'm basically hoping it's the mod.
    Sadly - I'm afraid it's not.

Have you unplugged from the internet and disabled all anti-virus and as many background programs as possible?

My test PC has Win XP SP3 - and RTW(+) - that's it. It doesn't crash at all (touch wood) - so I'm confident the mod has introduced (with one or two specific issues that can and have been addressed when they're found) no reason to CTD. Vanilla used to CTD and I've become quite used to them.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Haven't thought of the internet, I'll try that!
    Though my CTD's happen only in campaign battles. So I don't think the problem are the battles, it's more the transition between campaign and battle, I guess.

Micon's Avatar Civis

Does anyone here know how to prevent characters from aging two years per winter? I have recently tried to make a 6tpy script for personal use, but the characters age two years instead of one since the script have two winter seasons. Any idea anyone?

There's a tutorial in the scripts section on that.

newcomer to RSII
    heard wonders about it

now is the roman campaing really unplayable ? what can i do to fix it ?
    i really want to play them as my first campaign on the mod

The campaign isn't unplayable...

my bad, it isn't unplayable but i was told it has a serious bug or whatever (cant remember the exact reason) wich "killed" the game for roman players
    other thing that bugged me was op elephants but i already searched how to fix it and it workerd

The person who told you that was talking obviously.

then ok
    i can't wait to "civilize" some barbarians !!!!

The Bug you are referring to is the second roman rebellion bug that happens very late in the game. For now, it is a never ending rebellion that keeps happening.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Watch out for the Germans, they're units almost hardcounter Romes.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Ferdiad happen to know that code for steam that you start the game with Rome ? or an other faction.

Doesn't the steam install include using the launcher? There's a steam:yes/no option iirc. If that isn't working you could do it the manual way:

1.make a copy of your base data folder
    2.Copy over whatever campaign you want every time you want to play that.

The manual way seems very clunky to me so i doubt that's the intended way to do it.