Page 19 of 209 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469119 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by riolyfa View Post
    How do i introduce 1 turn recruitment on RS2 and can i continue playing my 0 turn recruitment campaign when i add one turn recruitment or do i have to start a different campaign?
    From the Launcher, check the drop down, will be an option that says 1-turn recruitment, just select that. Keep in mind, that with 1-turn recruitment, none of the scripts will work.

As to compatibility within the current game, I don't know, since 0-turn is mod foldered, and 1-turn is not, I doubt it is, but you can always try it and find out. (Just make sure you don't save it after you switched it)

Edit:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed that all traits through the Cursus Honorum and also the military career ones, do not appear on the side nofitication if the character gains a new trait when you start the beginning of a turn. Not sure if that's an easy fix, or a mistake (as I do a know a patch is coming to fix some of the glitchy traits), but never the less I thought I would mention that.
    Last edited by mp84; September 11, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed that all traits through the Cursus Honorum and also the military career ones, do not appear on the side nofitication if the character gains a new trait when you start the beginning of a turn. Not sure if that's an easy fix, or a mistake (as I do a know a patch is coming to fix some of the glitchy traits), but never the less I thought I would mention that.
    Noted - thanks.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Naked Emperor View Post
    Weren't there many more regions in RS1? Where'd they all go?

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

There should be a letter informing that city has no longer happines bonus from "allied state" so you can annex it...

Libertus

Could somebody post instrustions on how in stall RS2 word for word as if you were explaining it to a caveman. I know nothing about folders and files. Is 1.3 the first patch or 1.1 or 1.2 needed first? Ever thing you go throught to install it. I know this probaly seen mad to you guys but I know nothing about computers. I just play Rome on my compter and always have problems.

SUPER HARD setting would be good. 1 in every 5-10 times you fail.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Also two questions related: why is Edessa in Europe between Dyrrhachium and Pela? I always believed that Edessa as in the Upper Mesopotamia.
    Second: why in Hispania and Gaul the icon of town appear but in fact no city exists? This cities will be born later in the game or is a bug?
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

There was 2 cities with the name Edessa. In Greece and in Mesopotamia.

For second question. I think they are just campaign map details. They do not grow into cities.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Ok thanks for the answear.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Second: why in Hispania and Gaul the icon of town appear but in fact no city exists? This cities will be born later in the game or is a bug?
    If you look around on the campaign map there are a lot of small 'settlements' - I think they are there from the start and don't appear during the campaign.

They won't change into real settlements - the RTW engine only allows one settlement per region.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Sir Naked Emperor: It's the same. There were just some cities that are now somewhere else. Don't remember 1.6 in detail, but I believe there are now more cities in Anatolia, around the Black Sea (Scythian regions) and Seleucid territories... so some regions had to be "sacrificed".

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

Noob question here. I know most factions start out with a capital producing a huge amount of wealth (20,000-30,000), but most of the time their other starting towns are in the negative. Now it seems like no matter how much I develop (build any/all economic building in no particular order) these towns economically, they stay around the same production level (-1,000-3,000). Do you just have to settle for your capital when it comes to money or am I doing something wrong?

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

I would assume not, but is there some settlement in Terra Incognita region? I know it is mostly "empty" lands, but I am just curious.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Brain_in_a_vat View Post
    Noob question here. I know most factions start out with a capital producing a huge amount of wealth (20,000-30,000), but most of the time their other starting towns are in the negative. Now it seems like no matter how much I develop (build any/all economic building in no particular order) these towns economically, they stay around the same production level (-1,000-3,000). Do you just have to settle for your capital when it comes to money or am I doing something wrong?
    To solve your question, look in the settlement details button. The reason you're not gaining income from other settlements, is because the army's upkeep is being shared among settlements other than your capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    1) In some cities, you can build the "special legions", the numbered ones, like in Rome or Carthago Nova. Question: Which other cities are "special cities" like these?
    2) In some cities, you can recruit normal horse units, so far in my small empire, only in Rome and Carthago Nova. Are the "horse recruiting cities" the same as the "special cities"?
    3) In most of the cities, I can only recruit Antesignani (and sometimes local units), but in some of them, "Roman Legionary" are avaidable, but only in some. Again: Where?
    Where can i recruit the "Cohors Alinorum"? In all "special cities" as a Triarii replacement?

I really think, some AOR maps would be EXTREMELY helpful, or maybe some list of "important" recruitment cities.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I play 0 turn reqruitment campaign with romans and i am in consatnt war in every direction.
    I played a huge battle ussing 3 full legions ,heading 4 full stack Iberians.
    The problem is not that the battle holds a lot of time.
    The problem is that cavalry can not make a levy unit to rout when charging from the rear or behind (unguarded section).
    Pilum has to few power. Some said that roman unit did not made strong enough to avoid suip the world.
    That would be true but what is the point of ussing pilum when has no "power" even when a cohort uses it against a levy opponet from behind too.
    The team must re create the factors when a unit should rout no matter how ellite it will be.
    A unit can not stay and win against 4 egual size and type units of the enemy that has suround it!
    I had a very expiriend legion that three cohorts flanged the ennemy and charged against levy javelinmen that faught other cohorts and the levies had no casualties at all.

Late roman cavalry with maximum expirience (campaign) can not rout unarmored and unexpirienced levy archers and slingers..

I like the slow battles because i see them as "moovies" and enjoy even defeats. But the team must reconsider the moralle and other stats of the units in order the players tactics that based on real ones should have some use.
    Please take a look to this matter.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Playing as Rome on 1 turn recruitment game.

Well I finally got to play properly this weekend and wow what a superb piece of work this mod is I am totally fascinated by the campaign system with all the different building types, the team have really built on what CA did and made the game much more detailed with regards to the trade and well just the general running of cities bravo guys.

I probably clocked up a good 15-20 hours this weekend and even now I've only just discovered how to build Allied cohorts in my Italian cities lol, I haven't even dared click on those "annex region" or "keep as client state" options yet and I know I've barely scratched the surface.

Inevitably I have a list of questions from playing but thanks to posts around the board I've got them down to just two now so if anyone could help I would appreciate it please

Question 1: I've captured a couple of large cities and they contain barracks (something none of my cities contain) but they are not allowing me to recruit any units, however the cities also contain ports which do let me recruit advanced ships like Quadremes which has confused me. Is this a cultural thing and are we supposed to destroy all non-Roman buildings like in the normal game so we can replace them with our own versions? I ask because I've noticed that some Roman buildings are still appearing like the Opedium even though I have not destroyed any buildings in those cities yet so does that mean Roman and non-Roman buildings work side by side in RS2 or do you need to eliminate the non-Roman cultural buildings like normal?

Question 2: A modding question, can I mod the city stone wall towers so that they cannot fire inwards, is it easy and can someone tell me what to do please?

Thanks guys, you all deserve to win modding awards for this piece of work

Hey guys, just here to ask a small question.

I haven't been able to play for some days, but I remember I was trying to figure something out:
    I have a city where I can recruit Hamata legions, and I looked in the building browser and saw that if I upgrade to the next (highest) barracks level, I will be able to recruit Segmentata legions. However the description didn't mention the Hamata legions.. So if I upgrade my barracks, will I lose the ability to recruit Hamata legions or will they still be available next to the Segmentata?

Ok now this is a funny question errr statement....
    A. There appeared a rebel army in Sicily
    B. The rebel general was Gaius Iulius Caesar LOL
    C. I attempted to bribe him and he accepted LOL
    D. The game then crashed LOL
    I am going to reload a save game.. then try to attack him this time.. to see if I can atleast get rid of him..Maybe his name shouldnt be assigned to a rebel army to keep this from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    Hey guys, just here to ask a small question.

I haven't been able to play for some days, but I remember I was trying to figure something out:
    I have a city where I can recruit Hamata legions, and I looked in the building browser and saw that if I upgrade to the next (highest) barracks level, I will be able to recruit Segmentata legions. However the description didn't mention the Hamata legions.. So if I upgrade my barracks, will I lose the ability to recruit Hamata legions or will they still be available next to the Segmentata?
    I think that you will lose the hamata legions. I've seen that after the reforms that evocati for example, were implemented in one barracks, but not the next, same with the "regular" legions you get after reforms, which also dissappears and cant be recruited in that city anymore. So I guess you have to have a hamata city and segmentata city in the same region to get both.

Edit: "What you see is what you get" it seems.
    Last edited by Loiro; September 12, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

What's the recommended "grace period" to give the other factions before you start expanding against them? Is it still 40 turns like in 1.6?