Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

jackw93's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Hello all, i have 2 question for users running RS2 through steam:
    1) is there a way to access 1 turn recruitment setting?(which as far as i have gathered is only an option available on the RS2 start up menu which does not function with steam?)
    2) how can i disable elite stacks from forming/spawning in area when i am sieging a settlement?

if you know how to with either of these questions that would be awesome, or if you can point me in a direction of where to find the answers that would also be swell.... (i am new to this site and have exhausted google's resources on these matters)
    Cheers

can i make a suggestion the triarii gain the ability to inspire men, mainly because they were the most senior soldiers in a legion much like those of the 1st cohorts. minus the fact they only they could afford the armor, and most of them were patricians and some of them could inspire the common man with their wealth and status.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Unseengenie View Post
    can i make a suggestion the triarii gain the ability to inspire men, mainly because they were the most senior soldiers in a legion much like those of the 1st cohorts. minus the fact they only they could afford the armor, and most of them were patricians and some of them could inspire the common man with their wealth and status.
    Actually age and experience and not wealth was the key factor that divided the three roman lines of heavy infantryman. If an hastati could afford mail, he would use it. Triari were indeed the most senior soldiers but a patrician would serve as a tribune.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

my bad inappropriate use of or context of the meaning "patrician", i used it to represent the elite soldiers of the roman republic's soldiers and not the civil standing of which they use in roman lands in early Rome.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Triarii are pretty boss already, don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Triarii are pretty boss already, don't see the point.
    Moreover you must remember what the main role of the Triarii was! Having 'the battle come to the Triarii' (in Latin, of course) meant that things were in dire straits and it was time to think of retiring from the field.

So, having them as rather good troops, yes indeed, but 'inspiring', no.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Siddyus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jackw93 View Post
    Hello all, i have 2 question for users running RS2 through steam:
    1) is there a way to access 1 turn recruitment setting?(which as far as i have gathered is only an option available on the RS2 start up menu which does not function with steam?)
    2) how can i disable elite stacks from forming/spawning in area when i am sieging a settlement?

if you know how to with either of these questions that would be awesome, or if you can point me in a direction of where to find the answers that would also be swell.... (i am new to this site and have exhausted google's resources on these matters)
    Cheers
    For question no. 1: Refer to this thread.

For question no. 2: Refer to this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

Hey, i would like to know if it is possible to change hellenistic strat map model of cities of eastern part of Seleucid empire to a proper historically eastern look.

It's faction based so no.

jackw93's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Siddyus View Post
    For question no. 1: Refer to this thread.

For question no. 2: Refer to this thread.

Good luck and have fun!
    i love you

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since we suggest, I'll suggest...

1) Having big rebellions for other factions like you already have for Rome. I don't know ofc if it's very hard to implement, just a suggestion. If i could choose only 1 faction for a huge rebellion, that would be Seleucids. Maybe it's a good idea.

2) Not having all the units recruitable from the start.

Eagerly awaiting for the 2.6 version and the harder economy it'll bring Thank you for the hours, days of extreme fun It is very obvious that your hard work produced a totally new, very much detailed, beautiful and innovative game
    Last edited by Stath's; January 19, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

1)Waste of a faction slot
    2)Why?

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

The loading screens for individual zero turn campaigns use the same quote over and over again. and a little more variation in the pictures in the loading scree would be nice...

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post

1) Having big rebellions for other factions like you already have for Rome. I don't know ofc if it's very hard to implement, just a suggestion. If i could choose only 1 faction for a huge rebellion, that would be Seleucids. Maybe it's a good idea.

1) Currently (if I may say so), I'm the one trying to completely change how the Seleucid faction works, but until dvk gets better (and willing), we won't be changing anything. My ideas include a rebel faction for the Seleucids.

2) I don't know what you mean here, as you can't recruit all the units from the start?

1) Any change regarding the difficulty level of Seleukids is welcome, very glad to hear that!! I don't know about the faction slot, but RS has proved that they can find other ways, like when they gave us the 6 smaller factions, like Bithynia, Bosporus etc.

2) Not having the highest (or one of the highest) tier of barracks from the start and not having an army ready with some elite units in it. Example: for Pergamon, I 'd like it to be difficult to recruit the Thorakitai Argyraspidai. Same goes for other (not all) factons.

Quote Originally Posted by rijul 2222 View Post
    The loading screens for individual zero turn campaigns use the same quote over and over again. and a little more variation in the pictures in the loading scree would be nice...
    Makes the game more stable, will not change.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

1) Any change regarding the difficulty level of Seleukids is welcome, very glad to hear that!! I don't know about the faction slot, but RS has proved that they can find other ways, like when they gave us the 6 smaller factions, like Bithynia, Bosporus etc.
    Well, in Seleucid campaign, Free People (the ones you can make treaties with) can be substituted by Seleucid Rebels (like in Roman campaign, Roman Rebels).

2) Not having the highest (or one of the highest) tier of barracks from the start and not having an army ready with some elite units in it. Example: for Pergamon, I 'd like it to be difficult to recruit the Thorakitai Argyraspidai. Same goes for other (not all) factons.
    This is only available in capital cities, or very important ones. It is done so, that the faction has a large recruitment pool for its wars from the start, making the game more challenging via battle difficulty. I don't think that is going to change.

Ok, thanks

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Hey, i would like to know if it is possible to change hellenistic strat map model of cities of eastern part of Seleucid empire to a proper historically eastern look.
    The model, as far as I can recall, depends on whether it was a Greek city or an Eastern one. When Alexander conquered this area, he established a number of cities that would technically be 'Greek', while other older cities remained Eastern in nature.

Eagerly awaiting for the 2.6 version and the harder economy it'll bring Thank you for the hours, days of extreme fun It is very obvious that your hard work produced a totally new, very much detailed, beautiful and innovative game
    Assuming there is still interest in RS2 in the future (what with RomeII coming), I\we hope to do a major revamp of the traits, and a lot more work on individual campaigns other than the Roman ones. Seleucid will likely be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by rijul 2222 View Post
    All quotes but one were removed because our Russian RS2 friends proved through testing that removing them caused far fewer after battle CTD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    1) Currently (if I may say so), I'm the one trying to completely change how the Seleucid faction works, but until dvk gets better (and willing), we won't be changing anything. My ideas include a rebel faction for the Seleucids.

2) I don't know what you mean here, as you can't recruit all the units from the start?
    Loyalty has already been added to the Seleucid campaign, but the rest needs work (and my eyes to get better!).

This is why using two factions for Free people was never a concern for me\us. It was always our intention to release 'swap faction' add-ons, and the way RS2 is structured makes this relatively easy. So currently, RS2 offers 25 different factions...more than Vanilla is capable of offering.

We debated the level of barracks and units available at start quite a bit in developement...and chose a more historical approach over a more 'gamey' one. I understand what you and many mean by having lower barracks and lesser units available to start....a lot of people like to build up to that. Still, in our view, it made no sense to put units in armies (for one thing) that couldn't even be recruited. Seleucid and Egypt, for example...Hannibal in Italy and Rome....each faces off with at least a 'semblance' of a historic army, and we felt that it was just as important for historical purposes that a nation have a historical place to get those units from. This is\was all balanced by the fact that every faction has this capability in its capital city (or most important city).

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thanks, get better soon!