Page 17 of 209 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Oh also, do I need to keep the files that came out of the CAB after I've finished installing?

Ever since I conquered Syracuse every general (4 so far) have gotten the trait "Economic Depression" or some form of it, after sending the first to their deaths in Africa, I figured it wasn't just a fluke. So what am I doing wrong? Taxes too high?

As far as I know its a "global" trait that is affected by your empires current situation, if the economy is bolstering, you all get good traits, if its bad, they get bad. Like in my campaign everyone has "Economic Growth" or something like that. So, maybe your economy sucks and now you killed innocent familymembers :p
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

Quote Originally Posted by Loiro View Post
    As far as I know its a "global" trait that is affected by your empires current situation, if the economy is bolstering, you all get good traits, if its bad, they get bad. Like in my campaign everyone has "Economic Growth" or something like that. So, maybe your economy sucks and now you killed innocent familymembers :p
    I was more concerned about the chirugeons they both had, ha. Anyway, you're right, I let my economy pick up and they started getting the good traits. It makes sense and I'm sort of glad they did it this way, but I still think the bad traits they get will likely outweigh it, so far it's balanced though.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I guess my question got lost in the forest. I think it is possible if a destroyed and razed city like Thebes is still flourishing 100 years later.

So I can't seem to activate bloom while using the steam version of alexander. It worked fine with regular steam RTW gold, any ideas on how to turn it on?

Hey does anyone know why I can't build the last Spartan barrack in Pella? It's a fortified and economic governance, has weapon metal imports and army rations. It is at the level of an imperial palace yet I can't build the last Spartan barrack. Is it only available in some areas? I can build it fine in Olympia which only has a councillors chamber.

WHat means in launcher Delete map.rwm?

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    WHat means in launcher Delete map.rwm?
    Anyone?

And what`s the differnce between low grass and default grass in launcher?

Don't double post please. Use the edit button. /apple
    Last edited by apple; September 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    One of the last major things I want to do for RS2 is to totally revamp the traits file in this mod. But let me give you an idea about the problem we faced here. When Calvin passed away, we had just gone into Beta testing, and people started reporting that the traits were not working. The Roman Leadership was 'sort of' working, but EVERYTHING ELSE was not working. So I went and looked in the traits file and found that everything was GONE! You see, Calvin was going to totally redo the traits, so he was feeding us trait updates as he got them finished, and then wham! He was gone.

Tone and I 'looked at' each other over the Great Pond and broke into tears! RS2 virtually had NO finished trait system. So basically, Tone took the Roman Leadership and Rebellion stuff, and I took all the rest, and between the two of us who up to that point knew NOTHING about traits, we slapped together a working trait system for RS2. That involved fixing the Roman Leadership where Calvin hadn't finished it, and my trying to remember what Calvin and I had planned to do with most of the other stuff. For a while there, I was about to shoot myself, because I was thrashing in a dark room trying to swat a fly with a paper clip.

The result is that we got it all working...for the most part. There are still a few glitches. And we learned how this all worked. And once I DID learn how this worked, I saw a container-shipload of potential to make this trait system play the violin, chew gum, dance an Irish jig, and do stuff that would really be cool. But right now it's just a bunch of ideas and possibilities that need to be put into form and tested...along with adding Greek traits, Parthian, Barbarian, and stuff that's been in the works, but we've had no time for. So hopefully, all this will just get better and better.

But for now, yes....we as a team were not happy with twenty-five 8-10 star Generals running around in every campaign. It's ludicrous and gamey. So we made it harder. But as of yet, things that I believe should be tied into the process of gaining command stars are not in place. For example, being or earning the trait 'Conqueror of Gaul, or Macedonia, or Hispania' or whatever should also be tied into the command traits. It just isn't yet. But it makes perfect sense that a General who can conquer 8-10 settlements deserves command points. On the flip side, a General who just sits around in the field or in a settlement and does nothing for years on end may lose command points. Or if he gains traits like senility, or heavy drinking, or whatnot. It's a system I want to study 'in depth', and requires isolation from everything else.
    Thanks for the reply, i suspected something like that, no biggie.

cheers and great mod!
    Beware of the Moon...

Libertus

Do you guys have a link or making a thread on compiled info on RS2 or guide of some sort since there are so many new things on it. for any faction like you did for RS 1.6 ?

I am sure the info is spread all over the forum it just would be easier to follow some type of guide line if you know what i mean.

Hi how do I post an image on to this like a screenshot?

Would it be possible to entirely remove the Political General trait? Would that have too adverse an affect on the game?

@Praetorian121

1. Delete map is mainly for us beta testers i think, basically if any changes go on you should do that just to make sure so the map changes are read, as far as i know anyway.

2. Well default grass will pick the best grass for your system or you can alternatively pick low if you want depends on what you want to do. Default for everything is just the best for your computer system

I still don't get the recruitment system after the Marian Reforms. It's all a bit ... confusing.

1) In some cities, you can build the "special legions", the numbered ones, like in Rome or Carthago Nova. Question: Which other cities are "special cities" like these?
    2) In some cities, you can recruit normal horse units, so far in my small empire, only in Rome and Carthago Nova. Are the "horse recruiting cities" the same as the "special cities"?
    3) In most of the cities, I can only recruit Antesignani (and sometimes local units), but in some of them, "Roman Legionary" are avaidable, but only in some. Again: Where?
    Where can i recruit the "Cohors Alinorum"? In all "special cities" as a Triarii replacement?

Sorry if I seem stupid, but like I said earlier, it's all a bit confusing. I really think, some AOR maps would be EXTREMELY helpful, or maybe some list of "important" recruitment cities.

btw.: Why is the Strait of Gibralta crossable "by foot", but the Strait of Messina isn't? I think, you should have to use a ship to cross the Strait of Gibralta like in Messina.

€: Playing 1-turn if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Captain Slow; September 10, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

I have a script question. I've just started using the steam version of BI, and every time I start a Roman campaign the advisor automatically disappears without me pressing anything (high advice), but I see the extra 1 money that signals the script or whatever. Just wondering it its automatically triggering the script?

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Could you guys remove the wooden palisade from Sparta in the next patch so that it starts out with no walls? The city wasn't fortified until around 200 BC, 18 years after RS2's starting point. I also wouldn't mind having Nabis as a starting family member.

I love this mod. However on sieges it seems like the battles take FOREVER. One regular hoplite unit can hold against another hoplite unit for... a VERY VERY LONG TIME... sieges have become my nightmare now.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

hey i attacked hannibal with 3 half stacks . i fought the battle myself and was able to kill him with the first half stack. but his army was still alive after ive klled him and crushed my first halfstack.i got no reinforcements. i loadet the save i made before and tried the same again.but still no reinforcements. same in the 3rd batttle. what can i do to change that?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Within View Post
    @Praetorian121

1. Delete map is mainly for us beta testers i think, basically if any changes go on you should do that just to make sure so the map changes are read, as far as i know anyway.

2. Well default grass will pick the best grass for your system or you can alternatively pick low if you want depends on what you want to do. Default for everything is just the best for your computer system
    Thankyou.

Might I suggest you make walls "destructible" on the campaign map, I did not wish sparta to be a walled city, but found the walls could not be removed. Oh the shame (as well as making sallying out a long and tedious exercise).
    "If we didn't have cruxifixion, this country'd be in a right bloody mess"