Page 15 of 209 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Laetus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

hi, first i want to thank everyone who was involved for this incredible mod, it's really awesome
    i got a question i've noticed that i can't build temples in cities that i have occupied
    did it take some turns before i can build temples or is something wrong with my installation?

thanks in advance for any help

p.s. i'm playin the greek cities and occupied cities in sicily
    Last edited by Freepeople; September 09, 2010 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freepeople View Post
    hi, first i want to thank everyone who was involved for this incredible mod, it's really awesome
    i got a question i've noticed that i can't build temples in cities that i have occupied
    did it take some turns before i can build temples or is something wrong with my installation?

thanks in advance for any help

p.s. i'm playin the greek cities and occupied cities in sicily
    Only thing I can think of is checking if theres any pre-existing temples or shrines there, and if so, demolish them.
    ¨Philip of Macedon: “If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground.”

¨Spartan reply: “If.”

Laetus

this is always the first thing i do i destroy all temples but i can't built new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Freepeople View Post
    this is always the first thing i do i destroy all temples but i can't built new ones.
    Check building browser for whats the prerequisite for religious structures?

Indefinitely Banned

Are there any tips to improve framerate? There's a few things I found improved it massively, like not using bloom, switiching vegetation detail to medium and switching off antialiasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Angel View Post
    Are there any tips to improve framerate? There's a few things I found improved it massively, like not using bloom, switiching vegetation detail to medium and switching off antialiasing.
    Set graphics card to optimal performance if you haven't already. Use AVG and so on. Read this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=387184 and the one linked in first post.

Laetus

i'll check it

thx loiro

Indefinitely Banned

Any tips on getting the "Edit RS II preferences" bit in the launcher to work? I can open it and change options in it and save changes, but it has no effect on the graphics in game and doesn't change anything in the actual preferences.txt in the Rome folder.

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

aaahhhh ok that's a revealing bit of information there

well, my heir and his legion are all silver chevronned and he has 3 stars, 5 when he attacks, 7 when he attacks a settlement. so he's getting there

just get an energetic and intelligent guy, give him a few messenger ancillaries, the priest of mars, the numidian traitor etc, it takes a long time but he's now 40-ish and doing very well.
    he's also 'camp commander', promoted from centurion-primus pilus as the years and battles passed. so it adds a little Roleplaying which is nice.

yes, great generals are rare and hard to get, but i now have an 18 year old genius with 2 stars already, he'll be a good one in due time, i suspect

i'll understand things even better as time goes on, no doubt
    thanks for the insight, DVK

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

It should. Are you sure that you are directing it to the "play_rome" folder. Each modfolder got it's own preference folder and preferences.txt .
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    It should. Are you sure that you are directing it to the "play_rome" folder. Each modfolder got it's own preference folder and preferences.txt .
    Ahhh, that'll be the problem then! Yeah, my bad guys, launcher thing is working now, the problem was that I was pointing it to just my main rome folder. Thanks again

Sorry, please delete this post.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; September 09, 2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I figuered it out sorry.

Themis's Avatar Miles

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

If you like Tsim would take a look in the traits folder in your /Data directory, you would see why a general gets so few command stars...

I believe the starting threshold for 1 star is 16, and for 3 its already at 32 (nearly impossible!) ive had characters who had over 15+ heroic victory's and dozens of normal victory's who still only had 1 or 2 stars

What is the ending year of the one-turn campaigns? I've got no feeling, how much time has passed, lol

Another question: The Marian Reforms just took place (why? date trigerred?) Now I can build legions in Rome...but nowhere else. What are the requirements for building legions otherwhere?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Ηi!

As i know (from Apple...) there isn't ending year.

And you can recruit legions only in Rome, because you bluilded an Imperial Palace only there...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

do you think its best to run it with RTW, BI, or ALex?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

I'm assure, Αlex.exe

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

thanks

I'm pretty sure that the team once said that RS 2.0 will be 4tpy, but the released RS 2.0 is 2tpy. What was the reasoning behind this decision?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

No we said it won't be 4tpy.
    WE would have to redo all the traits in the game if it should work with 4tpy.
    Anyone is free to try that as a sub mod but it's a afoul lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    What is the ending year of the one-turn campaigns? I've got no feeling, how much time has passed, lol

Another question: The Marian Reforms just took place (why? date trigerred?) Now I can build legions in Rome...but nowhere else. What are the requirements for building legions otherwhere?
    It starts when you upgrade the city named Akragas on Sicily.
    You need to upgrade your barracks to be able to produce legions. Read your current barrack's description to get help on what buildings you need to upgrade to be able to build the next barrack level.
    Last edited by apple; September 09, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam