Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

One question: Is there a special reason, why you changed the bodyguard cavalry of the seleucid general to catapract instead hetairoi cavalry? I wouldn´t expected them in that role
    Last edited by Nick was already in use; September 08, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

One of the last major things I want to do for RS2 is to totally revamp the traits file in this mod. But let me give you an idea about the problem we faced here. When Calvin passed away, we had just gone into Beta testing, and people started reporting that the traits were not working. The Roman Leadership was 'sort of' working, but EVERYTHING ELSE was not working. So I went and looked in the traits file and found that everything was GONE! You see, Calvin was going to totally redo the traits, so he was feeding us trait updates as he got them finished, and then wham! He was gone.

Tone and I 'looked at' each other over the Great Pond and broke into tears! RS2 virtually had NO finished trait system. So basically, Tone took the Roman Leadership and Rebellion stuff, and I took all the rest, and between the two of us who up to that point knew NOTHING about traits, we slapped together a working trait system for RS2. That involved fixing the Roman Leadership where Calvin hadn't finished it, and my trying to remember what Calvin and I had planned to do with most of the other stuff. For a while there, I was about to shoot myself, because I was thrashing in a dark room trying to swat a fly with a paper clip.

The result is that we got it all working...for the most part. There are still a few glitches. And we learned how this all worked. And once I DID learn how this worked, I saw a container-shipload of potential to make this trait system play the violin, chew gum, dance an Irish jig, and do stuff that would really be cool. But right now it's just a bunch of ideas and possibilities that need to be put into form and tested...along with adding Greek traits, Parthian, Barbarian, and stuff that's been in the works, but we've had no time for. So hopefully, all this will just get better and better.

But for now, yes....we as a team were not happy with twenty-five 8-10 star Generals running around in every campaign. It's ludicrous and gamey. So we made it harder. But as of yet, things that I believe should be tied into the process of gaining command stars are not in place. For example, being or earning the trait 'Conqueror of Gaul, or Macedonia, or Hispania' or whatever should also be tied into the command traits. It just isn't yet. But it makes perfect sense that a General who can conquer 8-10 settlements deserves command points. On the flip side, a General who just sits around in the field or in a settlement and does nothing for years on end may lose command points. Or if he gains traits like senility, or heavy drinking, or whatnot. It's a system I want to study 'in depth', and requires isolation from everything else.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Ηere my friend:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382351

EDIT: And here, by my friend Centaurus:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385912

Apple or Brusilov (some moder. anyway...), plz move this topic (wallpeprs, avatars and others thread...) if you want, with your own threads on RSII main board......
    Thanks

Great reply...I left a PM to u DVK

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    One of the last major things I want to do for RS2 is to totally revamp the traits file in this mod. But let me give you an idea about the problem we faced here. When Calvin passed away, we had just gone into Beta testing, and people started reporting that the traits were not working. The Roman Leadership was 'sort of' working, but EVERYTHING ELSE was not working. So I went and looked in the traits file and found that everything was GONE! You see, Calvin was going to totally redo the traits, so he was feeding us trait updates as he got them finished, and then wham! He was gone.

Tone and I 'looked at' each other over the Great Pond and broke into tears! RS2 virtually had NO finished trait system. So basically, Tone took the Roman Leadership and Rebellion stuff, and I took all the rest, and between the two of us who up to that point knew NOTHING about traits, we slapped together a working trait system for RS2. That involved fixing the Roman Leadership where Calvin hadn't finished it, and my trying to remember what Calvin and I had planned to do with most of the other stuff. For a while there, I was about to shoot myself, because I was thrashing in a dark room trying to swat a fly with a paper clip.

The result is that we got it all working...for the most part. There are still a few glitches. And we learned how this all worked. And once I DID learn how this worked, I saw a container-shipload of potential to make this trait system play the violin, chew gum, dance an Irish jig, and do stuff that would really be cool. But right now it's just a bunch of ideas and possibilities that need to be put into form and tested...along with adding Greek traits, Parthian, Barbarian, and stuff that's been in the works, but we've had no time for. So hopefully, all this will just get better and better.

But for now, yes....we as a team were not happy with twenty-five 8-10 star Generals running around in every campaign. It's ludicrous and gamey. So we made it harder. But as of yet, things that I believe should be tied into the process of gaining command stars are not in place. For example, being or earning the trait 'Conqueror of Gaul, or Macedonia, or Hispania' or whatever should also be tied into the command traits. It just isn't yet. But it makes perfect sense that a General who can conquer 8-10 settlements deserves command points. On the flip side, a General who just sits around in the field or in a settlement and does nothing for years on end may lose command points. Or if he gains traits like senility, or heavy drinking, or whatnot. It's a system I want to study 'in depth', and requires isolation from everything else.
    Get inspiration from the EB trait file

Hey RS Team great mod, well done I do have one question though. What do these symbols mean in AOR Maps Legion2 ? There are little shields, swords etc.
    Thanks

I have noticed some family members for Macedon and Carthage are not showing up, even though it tells me they are having children. Anyone else encounter this?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Livius View Post
    Hey RS Team great mod, well done I do have one question though. What do these symbols mean in AOR Maps Legion2 ? There are little shields, swords etc.
    Thanks
    They are different legions. Each symbol is one legion I think.

Quote Originally Posted by thebull0425 View Post
    I have noticed some family members for Macedon and Carthage are not showing up, even though it tells me they are having children. Anyone else encounter this?
    Read the second part. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...97#post8050197
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Hey RS2 team!

Im enjoying RS2 as it is, no matter what will happen in my campaign. I do this because its so much fun to play it. A friend of mine is with the Parthians and im with the Romans. H/H diff, 0 turn rec., BI.exe+skype connection. We just laugh in pain and in glory aswell thats the way RS2 is fun. And you really need to learn how to play with this mod. My Polybians and Triarii are eating every enemy they encounter, put some Latin Medium Cavalry in between and nothing will stop you. Even if Scipio is only a Political General
    Anyway im on my way to Carthage soon, and my friend is fighting against 5-7 stacks of free people/mountain pass around his little Parthian Empire.

Sounds like much fun.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hi,

i installed rsII and it works just fine. however, i think i made a mistake with the directory-path, because i cant play other mods anymore. i installed the rsII directly into my rome total war folder. i cant find a rsII folder in my directory. how can i uninstall rsII? there is no uninstall.exe. any suggestions? i hope, i have not to uninstall my complete rtw.

Sorry but as we said in the release post you can't play any other mods while having RS 2 installed and you need to uninstall rome total war and then remove all files that is left and then reinstall it.
    We also states that you should create a copy of your clean RTW (that means untouched by any mod) and install RS 2 to the copy and thus have a clean RTW for other mods/vanilla.
    Son of Legio

Indefinitely Banned

Is there a thread with info on all the factions anywhere? When choosing a faction to play as in the launcher I have no idea where the factions are on the map and their starting position.

With the Celtic factions it is especially confusing since I've got zero prior knowledge of the tribes.

Well it kinda does. Run the 1-turn option and you will get the same kind of menu as in normal RTW/RS 1.
    O and I think most previews shows a starting map.
    I hope that helps.
    Son of Legio

Indefinitely Banned

Ahh, thanks for that apple, the one turn campaign does indeed give you easy info on all of the factions, I never thought to try it.

Yeah it's quite handy that way.
    Son of Legio

Quick question, playing as the Ptolemaics...what do I need to get the Epilektoi Basilikon agema, Kleruchoi agema, royal peltas and elite cavalry? Alexandria I saw is maxed out on military barracks and these units arent there. Is the same true for the Seleucids?

Hello everybody. First post for me.
    I am a RTW addict from Germany. My honest appreciation to the developers of RS II. Thank you all for giving this masterpiece to us.

Well now I have to hurry back to re-write history by establishing the punic Empire.

greetz
    Bomilkar

Thanks mate. Enjoy your campaign.
    Son of Legio

So I just needed clarification, at this point there is no way to play RSII using steam version of alex? I need to just use the regular RTW Gold? (Also, can I use steam BI?).