Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

I'm getting a 'winter 540 AUC' crash with the Roman campaign. Already tried to change the situations (like not giving Pergamum trade rights etc, removed buildings out of the 'what to build list') but it keeps happening when I press the end turn button. Watched the factions (you know, above in the screen) and it seems to be a problem when it is the 'Seleucid's turn'. Any help is welcome!!

My computer (vista laptop) runs the game fine. Installed it outside Program Files, auto-save is FALSE, etc.
    'Ik Zal Handhaven.'

Willem van Oranje-Nassau

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Post in RS 2's technical support forum please and include a save as well as stat what exe you are using.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    can someone tell me how to create new family member? i want to get Iulii family tree in my campain but i dont know how i get this to work.i tried to mod myself yesterday and was able to create a new char,but he hadnt the name i gave him. i called him Gaius Iulius but on campain map he was only called Gaius (without the Iulius)
    another thing i want to know is how to add the third name (in descr_strat quintus fabius maxentius is only called Quintus Fabius . where can i add something liek caesar as a third name?
    and last but not least: has my new char after creating his own family tree and can become faction heir?
    You need to go here, friend, and learn:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163043

Be advised that changing, adding characters and names is not for the faint hearted. Took me a long time how to figure out how to do it right, and the easiest way to break something in RTW that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by youdig66 View Post
    I'm getting a 'winter 540 AUC' crash with the Roman campaign. Already tried to change the situations (like not giving Pergamum trade rights etc, removed buildings out of the 'what to build list') but it keeps happening when I press the end turn button. Watched the factions (you know, above in the screen) and it seems to be a problem when it is the 'Seleucid's turn'. Any help is welcome!!

My computer (vista laptop) runs the game fine. Installed it outside Program Files, auto-save is FALSE, etc.
    Could you upload a saved game please? Right before this happens?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    You need to go here, friend, and learn:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163043

Be advised that changing, adding characters and names is not for the faint hearted. Took me a long time how to figure out how to do it right, and the easiest way to break something in RTW that I know of.
    Also this is not supported by the dev. We take no responsibility if your game breaks after moding RS 2.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post

Could you upload a saved game please? Right before this happens?
    Anyone, how can I upload a saved game?
    'Ik Zal Handhaven.'

Willem van Oranje-Nassau

Go to your save folder and then upload it to a site like filefront.
    Son of Legio

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Also this is not supported by the dev. We take no responsibility if your game breaks after moding RS 2.
    ok i know now how to add names but how can i add the third name like maximus to a character?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Ask here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163043 as Dvk said.
    I don't know and even if I did this isn't the right place to ask.

Son of Legio

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

I get the command star versus certain factions/peoples easily enough, so when it comes to fighting battles I have one, maybe two stars, but trying to get any stars on the campaign map is much harder.

#1. I would like to say after the Marian reforms, the Romans are awesome.. Prior to the reforms sux, LOL. You have to have 3x as many troops to do the same job as 1 legion. The overall improvement of the game is awesome.
    #2. I love the fact that if you build a palace in arakas that starts the Marian reform rather than a building anywhere in the game. This allows the player to actually get used to playing premarian units unlike RS1.6 that if one building is built you are now in Marian reforms and you just started having fun with the pre-marian troops
    #3. Several sieges I have lost due to insufficient siege equipment. In 1.6 the heavy onagers or several of them were sufficient for any city to at least make several breeches in the walls. Now it’s actually kind of funny, on a heavily stone fortified wall like Syracuse I can use the heavy’s to take out every tower on one side of the wall but can make but one breech in the city wall with them. There is larger heavy siege equipment in Rome that I haven’t tried but I don’t understand why it’s only available in Rome?? I finally took Syracuse BTW, after defeating 6 stacks surrounding Syracuse and their city troops were down to a little over 3k it still took 6 hours to siege the city with HUGE towers (and putting one of the towers far away from their troops and going around the side of the city to do a sneak entrance)
    #4. Several times I have run into situations where generals were stuck in a rut so to speak.. One time I unloaded my troops onto Chalcis and couldn’t make it to the city but yet I couldn’t make it back to the ship either. I keep multiple saves so I had to go back to a previous one. I tried to do a reset on him but even doing it the normal way example: “character_reset gaius julius_caesar” it still didn’t work.
    #5. What’s the deal with the extended training time for troops? In 1.6 if I had all the buildings and trained a legion they wouldn’t need retraining again unless I build a blacksmith or something. I keep having to train over and over and it ends up taking 4-6 seasons to train a legion fully yet nothing changes as far as their bars showing their training ability.. is this a bug or does the additional training provide assistance? Also in certain areas it won’t let you retrain a legion (just north of mediolanium for example-Germania)

I had asked this question a few months ago during Beta testing...The Development team said they intended for it to be much more difficult. While you may win battles over and over again...to truly gain a Star it must be consistent manner of how you won the battle. The whole trait file has been turned on its head. It makes for a more realistic feel and not having a whole bunch of 8 star generals out there.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Arutima View Post
    The funny thing is that the easiest way to get command stars is by doing auto resolve when fighting brigands that pop up into your territory. It's the same thing with europa barbarorum, another game where it is tough to get command stars.
    Except when you shamelessly modded the combat experience traits to give command stars
    Never understood why modders put such difficulties in obtaining command stars. Do they want us to manually fight each battle?

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

I guess that's the idea.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfriedfr View Post
    Except when you shamelessly modded the combat experience traits to give command stars
    Never understood why modders put such difficulties in obtaining command stars. Do they want us to manually fight each battle?
    Look from a developers standpoint...there are TWO camps...one's that want command stars to come easy, others that don't. In order to attain both and satisfy all, its best to develop the game so that it is harder to gain command stars...and allow by way of (~) command prompt (cheating) or other editing in strat.txt, etc to make it easier or to add the command stars on end-users side.

The whole calibration of the game had been edit/balanced/tested/re-tested thousands of times to get the best mix of difficulty and historical accuracy...making the acquisition of command stars easy, would throw that out of balance to what was trying to be put in the final product of RSII.
    Last edited by ajtboy; September 08, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Yep. The auto calc option isn't the way RS is meant to be played.
    You will get your stars but you will have to earn them. A close victory isn't the same as a Heroic victory
    Last edited by apple; September 08, 2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Son of Legio

best way to get command stars is to collect command stars ancillaries.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Its more about morale tbh than command stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Its more about morale tbh than command stars
    morale = command

I cannot find topic with wallpapers, avatars and signatures where is?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    I cannot find topic with wallpapers, avatars and signatures where is?
    Ηere my friend:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382351

EDIT: And here, by my friend Centaurus:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=385912

Apple or Brusilov (some moder. anyway...), plz move this topic (wallpeprs, avatars and others thread...) if you want, with your own threads on RSII main board......
    Last edited by Alkimachos; September 08, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum