Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    maybe the dev team made it so incredible difficult for us to get command stars because generals with them are completey over powered. i mean if you fight vs Hannibals army ,its nearly impossible to beat it in a 1 vs 1 with your crap Roman generals,because Hannibal is (correct me if im wrong) a 6 star general.maybe they had to made command stars so enormous important for troop morale to get it more historrically acurate and therefore the devs also had to make it very very difficult to let your generals become so powerful (because there werent 20 generals like Hannibal in the 2nd century b.c. on roman side,but if its possible for ur gens to get 5 or 6 or even more stars you have only generals with hannibal power and its nothing special then to beat the "real " one)
    hope you agree with me
    that makes sence HerzoG

right off the bat the AI generals get this :

Trait AIGeneral
    Characters family
    Hidden
    AntiTraits notAIGeneral

Level AI_General
    Description AI_General_desc
    EffectsDescription AI_General_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect MovementPoints 5
    Effect Command 3
    Effect TroopMorale 2

I agree with this sentiment. Getting command stars should be much more frequent, especially with large wins. This gets you AI generals worth fighting, (if this problem is with AI as well atm, I'm not sure), and gives you some satisfaction about using a General all the time. 'Realism' nothing, fighting wars should get you experience.

the good commander line is still there they just made the thresholds lot higher

Trait GoodCommander1
    Characters all
    NoGoingBackLevel 2
    AntiTraits BadCommander1

Level Good_Commander1
    Description Good_Commander1_desc
    EffectsDescription Good_Commander1_effects_desc
    Threshold 8

Effect Command 1

Level Very_Good_Commander
    Description Very_Good_Commander_desc
    EffectsDescription Very_Good_Commander_effects_desc
    Threshold 16

Effect Command 2
    Effect TroopMorale 1
    Effect Influence 1

Level Inspirational_Commander
    Description Inspirational_Commander_desc
    EffectsDescription Inspirational_Commander_effects_desc
    Threshold 32

Effect Command 3
    Effect TroopMorale 2
    Effect Influence 2

well i have a few 'messengers' and other ancillaries which give a star when attacking.
    no command traits though

reading all the above, i agree with the devs that great generals should be a rare thing.

but my guy who beat hannibal and then crushed the rebellion... he's a pretty great guy. he was worshipped by his troops and i guess has some positive influence on his legion but it seems really silly to see that hero at 0 command after securing rome's near future

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Kallides's Avatar Senator

Lads I think you just dont know how to manage your family. You need discipline and you need to set an example while they are still young. Just look at Musaios of Sparta, 11 years old and he already has a command star.

Snipers get more Head!

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Just a little suggestion here, the sundial that the hand cursor changes to when units are moving across the campaign map should have the gnomon fixed in it's place and have a rotating shadow instead.
    This tiny detail really irritates me every time I see it.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

I downloaded the mod seconds after it was available, played a 'short' campaign with Macedonia and the Seleucid Empire, then decided to start with a major Roman campaign, guess what... Roman Rebellion broke out right after the second turn! Is this normal? Will it come back? I mean, it is now kind off easy to surpress. Game works fine and script was running..

Don't get me wrong here! I am not complaining! Just wondering=)
    'Ik Zal Handhaven.'

Willem van Oranje-Nassau

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

I did'nt find any other threads that I could post this so here it comes.

Thankyou RS2 team for this mod again. I have now played a Roman campaign for a couple of days whenever I have had time from the real life.

Next a real SPOILER included.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    First of all I was amased at first about the starting position of Rome. Hannibal att the gates and all I had WTF moment right away at the start and I'm talking about the good way WTF.

After that I had another WTF at the moment of those southern cityes rebelled. It took me a good time to get order in italian peninsula and even after that I have been in trouble at every single turn. First the thread from the Garthagos army in the north, then in the south. Then I made an allianse in Spain only to be stabbed in the back by those Calliaci or whatever the barbarian scum are called. Greeck cityes used this to stab me in the back in the sicily.

I'm still strugling to stay alive and I can totally understand why Rome destroyed garthago. I'm so gonna do the same once my two repuplic legions arrive there.

Anyways. The mod is just simply great and there is really an effort seen here. It also brings RTW back to alive and to my opinnion shows what RTW should have been at first place and what Shogun 2 should be.
    Hopefully the developers of the game (Shogun2) are observing.
    And I mean everythign is great in this mod.

First of all the way that the Roman army is presented. They are not invinsible but once they survive trough few battles and the experience starts to kick in with some better armour an weapons they start kick ass.
    Allied legions are the same altough they have much more to train before becoming good. I'm using them as a cannon food to weaken the enemy before sending in my best legions with more experience and skill.
    At the moment I have 1 repuplic legion in spain, 2 in sicily and 1 in northern italy. Also I have 2 allied legions in northern italy, 1 in spain and 1 in sicily. So alltogether 8 legions wich is pretty close to the actual roman legions at the time if I remember correctly. This is alltough a financial proplem for me at the moment, but still the game is again exiting and refressing. Something that RTW has not been able to do in meny years.

Financial side is also one of the great things. Or more the way that the building trees are made. I really have to pay atension to what I'm building and where.
    I also have to read alot of the descriptions to the buildings in order to understand the tree so I'm learning stuff I have not known before about the Rome.
    My wife is coming crazy of me ranting exited about Rome and its customs and life.
    Last edited by Musashi; September 07, 2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by youdig66 View Post
    I downloaded the mod seconds after it was available, played a 'short' campaign with Macedonia and the Seleucid Empire, then decided to start with a major Roman campaign, guess what... Roman Rebellion broke out right after the second turn! Is this normal? Will it come back? I mean, it is now kind off easy to surpress. Game works fine and script was running..

lol that's just a teaser for the real test after you've conquered about 85 settlements when RS II will simulate the wonderful Caesar-Pompeii wars for you, have fun with that!

I found the Roman Rebels in the south pretty darn hard (played on H/H), but I finally managed to beat them as well, but I did take some heavy loses doing so.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by youdig66 View Post

As mp84 has posted - there may be a second rebellion later in the campaign for you.

I believe people did want a more challenging experience - they've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I did'nt find any other threads that I could post this so here it comes.

Thankyou RS2 team for this mod again. I have now played a Roman campaign for a couple of days whenever I have had time from the real life.
    Glad you're enjoying the mod and the detail that is in there.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Could someone who has had this problem post screen shots of exactly what they did, what buttons they pushed, and basically the process they went thru to arrive at this behavior. I'm really stumped, and have never had it happen to me.
    Here's a screen I posted a few days ago in another thread. I attacked the below rebel settlement in Germania and as you can see the town didn't have walls and the enemy sallied out to attack. I ordered my spearmen forward and changed their deployment by making their line thinner. I then moved on and started to redeploy the rest of my troops and to my surprise the spearmen were suddenly dispersed in the weird fashion that you see in the screen. Eventually I was able to get control of them and no harm was done.

Apple suggested in another thread that maybe the rocks were affecting the formations? I'm not sure, but I can tell you I have never had units act like that in any RTW game/mod that I have played.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I've following the directions as best as I can. Can someone tell me what file I'm suppost to download into, I can't find the one that the directions say. When I try to launch the game it says wrong folder C:/Program Files(86x)\creative assembly, I never see the file or the RSII_public one. Anyone with any ideas?

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Here's a screen I posted a few days ago in another thread. I attacked the below rebel settlement in Germania and as you can see the town didn't have walls and the enemy sallied out to attack. I ordered my spearmen forward and changed their deployment by making their line thinner. I then moved on and started to redeploy the rest of my troops and to my surprise the spearmen were suddenly dispersed in the weird fashion that you see in the screen. Eventually I was able to get control of them and no harm was done.

Apple suggested in another thread that maybe the rocks were affecting the formations? I'm not sure, but I can tell you I have never had units act like that in any RTW game/mod that I have played.
    I've had that happen in several sieges when I was still playing RS1.
    Mostly it happened when I was inside a city which I was assaulting, the unit suddenly started spreading out all over the streets, a couple of times it caused them to walk onto the city square screwing up my final assault.
    My memory may be failing be, but I seem to remember that it also happened on the field once or twice.
    It didn't happen very often though, I suspect that this is a vanilla bug (I seem to remember that it also happened in vanilla, but I can't be sure as it has been at least five years since I last played a vanilla game).
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by fergy1981 View Post
    I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I've following the directions as best as I can. Can someone tell me what file I'm suppost to download into, I can't find the one that the directions say. When I try to launch the game it says wrong folder C:/Program Files(86x)\creative assembly, I never see the file or the RSII_public one. Anyone with any ideas?
    Download the RS2 files into a folder anywhere you wish...just name it RS2 or something...and put ALL the files in there.

INSTALL RS2 into the folder where the Rome-TW.exe is. If you do this, you can't go wrong.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post
    lol that's just a teaser for the real test after you've conquered about 85 settlements when RS II will simulate the wonderful Caesar-Pompeii wars for you, have fun with that!

I found the Roman Rebels in the south pretty darn hard (played on H/H), but I finally managed to beat them as well, but I did take some heavy loses doing so.
    85 settlements you say! haha man I got done beating Hannibal and was like thank gawd! then i noticed most of southern Italy rebel against me and dam was that a fight to gain back control of!

but ya this mod is more then a mod its what R:TW should have been! dont see how anyone could play any other mode when this mod makes it into a whole new experience!

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

King of Cimbri gets +4 command bonus "King of Strikers"

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

can someone tell me how to create new family member? i want to get Iulii family tree in my campain but i dont know how i get this to work.i tried to mod myself yesterday and was able to create a new char,but he hadnt the name i gave him. i called him Gaius Iulius but on campain map he was only called Gaius (without the Iulius)
    another thing i want to know is how to add the third name (in descr_strat quintus fabius maxentius is only called Quintus Fabius . where can i add something liek caesar as a third name?
    and last but not least: has my new char after creating his own family tree and can become faction heir?
    Last edited by HerzoG; September 08, 2010 at 07:50 AM.

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

My Selucid general after about 30 battles didnt earn any command star
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

The funny thing is that the easiest way to get command stars is by doing auto resolve when fighting brigands that pop up into your territory. It's the same thing with europa barbarorum, another game where it is tough to get command stars.