Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

how can i get the empire with roman faction ?

Domesticus

Why is that when there's 2 governors in the same city the law level instantly drops to blue or even red level?

This specially happens when someone has come of age in a city already with a governor. I go through his traits and there's absolutely nothing that stirs public disorder.

Because each legion has its own particular Area of Recruitment (AOR), is unique to itself, and can only be recruited after the Marian Reforms, people often ask that one question: How/When can I recruit the legions? Rest assured, this is a simple guideline to to facilitate you in recruiting the legions.

• You initiate the Marian Reforms by building an imperial palace in Akragas (located in Sicily). This allows you to recruit non-named and non-numbered legions.
    1. Question: What is a 'roman palace' I've searched for it in the building list but have not found any building with this name...
    2. Question: I'm playing at least fifty years and Akragas is fully developed on it's (low) settlement level... Is it correct that I have to wait so long?
    Last edited by EinBein; June 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Domesticus

Could you guys please make it possible to be able to recruit Generals from more than one city?

Lack of governors is really an obstacle on my campaigns. I cant expand the way i want cause i need to wait for generals to be recruited or for faction members to come of age, and even then im blocked because other governors die of old age and need to be replaced or else public order/income of said cities will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Could you guys please make it possible to be able to recruit Generals from more than one city?

Lack of governors is really an obstacle on my campaigns. I cant expand the way i want cause i need to wait for generals to be recruited or for faction members to come of age, and even then im blocked because other governors die of old age and need to be replaced or else public order/income of said cities will drop.
    lol?

umm I thought that all factions could recruit generals anywhere once they reached a certain level of barracks.

Mebbe try upgrading yours.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Domesticus

I've had the top level barracks in several settlements in my Gallaecia campaign and i could only recruit generals from my capital.

The same situation applies to my Belgae campaign.

Only once was i able to recruit generals from more than one place. It was on my Pontus campaign when i took the Armenian capital of Van. I could recruit generals from my own capital and van.

Edit: a few screenshots

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On this first screenshot you see 2 panels related to my capital of Sparte. The right one is the recruitment panel filled with spartan generals to be recruited. The left one shows the panel of the Spartiatike Mora, which is the 4th level barracks, simply put, the one that takes 12 turns to build, which the capital has from the start of the campaign.Note that the first unit on the list is the general one. Sparte also has a King's Palace which grants 10% happiness and improved general's bodyguard

This second screenshow shows the city of Athens, which still only has the 3rd level barracks ( 9 turns to build). The next level is on the building queue. Yet it already has a King's Palace and on the left there's the panel for the 4th lvl barracks and as you may notice there's no general unit listed there.

This 3rd SS is showing Olympia. Olympia does not have a King's Palace, hell it doenst even have the one before that. But it does have a Spartiatike Mora Megiste which is the 5th lvl barracks (15 turns to build) and as you can see, no sign of the general unit on the list. Olympia is also building a 18 turn barracks (6th lvl), which i had no idea existed. If my memory doest fail me, in other cities there are no more barracks to build after the 15 turn one is built.

So would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me on this issue? Just in case someone mentions it, i seriously doubt this is related to the script as i always load the script and i've never reloaded saves without leaving the game completely.

However, i am starting to suspect that this has to do with "my" mod, since i've had problems that apparently no1 had before, like not being able to recruit generals at all on my Cimbrii campaigns. But i reckon this is different because, like i said earlier, i was able to recruit generals in 2 places on a different campaign.
    Last edited by Grimbold; June 24, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

Domesticus

Ok i made a mistake. It wasnt on the armenian capital of Van, but on the city of Armavir.

The city of Armavir with a governor's palace and a Army base which i reckon is the 3rd lvl barracks (9turns)

Same city now showing the general unit on the recruitment panel

The capital Amasia showing the general unit and with a King's Palace being built.

These are the only 2 cities where i can recruit generals.

Edit: Crap double post.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I coult build them anywhere as Scythia,maybe you have an installation issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Domesticus

Well i doubt it, but i'll just erase the files and reinstall it again.

Edit: I just reinstalled it and the issues seem to persist, as i started a Cimbrii campaign and there's still no general unit available.

Oh well i guess i'll have to restart it and make due with only one city recruiting generals/family members.

The problem has been fixed, except now i accidently deleted my saves and lost all my campaigns.

3rd Spartan campaign, here i go!!
    Last edited by apple; June 25, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

Why is it that Force Diplomacy only works for me when I script is NOT activated?

I tried both ways: Loading my save > Activating the script > then force diplomacy does not work.

But when I load up the same save, do not activate the script, and do force diplomacy for the same terms - it is accepted.

After that I activate the script and keep playing, but if I want to use force diplomacy again I have to restart the game completely to deactivate the script.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Hi guys,

greatest mod I ve been playing in TW series for 7 years I guess! Totally thrilled.

I have a few questions.. I started three campaings: for Rome, Boii and Dacia.

1) But I found a differencies in behaviour of non-roman factions in those campaings! While playing Roman campaign, the camapign AI is just greaaat! All non-roman nations just wipe the floor with Free-people/Brigands etc. and occupy their historical land! Thats just great! However in non-roman campaigns (as Boii and Dacia) I found that the free people are just too strong, which is halting the developpement of other factions to become strong opponents!! For example Boii just sit there and make nearly no progress, Belgea were even pushed from the continent. Cimbri don´t expand south so drastically. ETC.. so my question is: have u made any changes in descr_strat for the non-roman factions so that the fre people are stronger or is it just a coincidence?

Secondly. Now I am playing the roman campaign. I started it firstly, but when I conquered Gallia Cisalpina and found out, that I can recruit Salues swordsmen etc.. I stopped the campaing and started as Boii, got pushed by Romans from Northern Italy, but then came back later with three stacks of Volcae axemen, Boii champion and Boii Noble Cavarly, that all of them were experienced from the wars with aggressive Cimbri and I wiped the floor with the stacks of triarii etc.. But till then I got crushed with light and heave swordsmen, which all proved to be no match for heavy roman infrantry..

To get to the point.. I started again to play my roman campaing.. I managed to get marian reforms and that was the time! when the fun started really!!! Greaat! I think there should be mod, that allow the player to play right from Marian reforms..
    2) Anyway in this campaing I come up on a toughest opponent I ve been playing against - the Gallaeci. These celtoiberians are incredibly capable and agrresive. In "early" republic I lost the "catalunyan" cities like 3 times! They just keep sending stacks after stacks.. Many of great generals died in the cities while defending them. Nearly every turn I kill like two stacks (playing on high in units so 2300+2300 - 4600 enemy soldiers) and they just keep producing more.. Its really tough, but very the AI is very smart and I found it pretty entertaining. So to get to the point. I just wanted to ask If Gallaeci are set somehow differently, because I wished Averni were so smart and aggresive as they are.. They have in descr_strat balanced_smith. BTW, finally I was able to get the 2 legions (cca 12 cohorts) of III. legio Augusta from Carthago to restore order there.. Only then I was able to actually attack the opponent instead of neverending defending. Similar improvement was the creation of legio II Augusta and IX. Hispaniensis in Carthago Nova. They started the campaing to Gibraltar and they are wiping the floor with carthagians.

So anyway, great mod. Thx!

Glad you're enjoying it.

1) But I found a differencies in behaviour of non-roman factions in those campaings! While playing Roman campaign, the camapign AI is just greaaat! All non-roman nations just wipe the floor with Free-people/Brigands etc. and occupy their historical land! Thats just great! However in non-roman campaigns (as Boii and Dacia) I found that the free people are just too strong, which is halting the developpement of other factions to become strong opponents!! For example Boii just sit there and make nearly no progress, Belgea were even pushed from the continent. Cimbri don´t expand south so drastically. ETC.. so my question is: have u made any changes in descr_strat for the non-roman factions so that the fre people are stronger or is it just a coincidence?
    In the non-Roman campaigns there are in fact two free peoples factions - one is the usual "slave" faction, but the other is a more active and aggressive free peoples faction. Interesting that you found the campaigns with other factions easier....I guess the Roman campaign has probably had more fine tuning prior to release. All the more reason for some decent beta testing and fine balancing before we release 2.2

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Hi!

First I'm a huge fan of RS, and I'm sorry I'm late to the party for 2.0, but I've looked everywhere on this forum and can't find a link to it. I found the patch for 2.1, but not for the mod itself.

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, and I can't wait to play this version, especially after reading so many good things about it.

Please help!

Thanks.

This thread, first post, open the spoilers:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386559

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it.

In the non-Roman campaigns there are in fact two free peoples factions - one is the usual "slave" faction, but the other is a more active and aggressive free peoples faction. Interesting that you found the campaigns with other factions easier....I guess the Roman campaign has probably had more fine tuning prior to release. All the more reason for some decent beta testing and fine balancing before we release 2.2
    Thank you for answer. Well, I was really struggeling with Boii while fighting Cimbri and Romans in the same time, but when I found volcae axemen and their "effective against armour" I started to make stacks from these tough guys (with Boii Noble cavalry - as I use the tactics of flanking or attacking the busy infantry from behind) and made real advancements and even get back to Northern Italy to conquer nearly all peninsula..

But what about these Gallaeci? Are they somehow different. What in fact is the factor for AI aggressiveness? Is it this balanced_smith they have in descr_strat? Shouldnt be I guess. Or do they have some priorities in regions and they fight for them to the bitter end? Because they keep sending stacks to Ceretania and Beribracia right from the beggining. I want to make other factions as well so capable as Gallaeci in my roman campaign..
    Last edited by fingon; June 27, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

And I have a proposition for graphic enhancement in the patch 2.2 if possible.

Do you realised, that roman legions with RED tunic actually looks BETTER and more like true legions, than the ones with white tunic (majority unfortunately). Also on vast majority of paintings you see roman legions with red tunic only. I wonder what brought the artist to the white tunic idea. Anyway, the shields, helmets are awesome, just the color of the tunic is wrong in my opinion and decrease the whole impression of the unit. Just look at the Legio X Gemina or Legio IIII Scythica how awesome they look with the red tunic and (brighter) red shield. So this is just a proposition, the artist who made the legions can try the versions with red tunic and decide himself if he likes it better or not. Of course there is no need to do the red tunic to every legion, but just try it, if the legion looks better with it or not.
    Last edited by fingon; June 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

You do know that the legion's tunic colour is one of the most debated subject about the Roman army?
    Very little sources are available, and no definitive one; and it's was probably not uniformed across the whole.

I believe the white colour we are using comes from a command order found in Alexandria that was about thousands of white tunics.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

fingon's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Paedric View Post
    You do know that the legion's tunic colour is one of the most debated subject about the Roman army?
    Very little sources are available, and no definitive one; and it's was probably not uniformed across the whole.

I believe the white colour we are using comes from a command order found in Alexandria that was about thousands of white tunics.
    No, I did not know that. But how can you be sure, that the next order wasn´t dye them to red. Anyway the red was the color of Mars, god of War if I am not mistaken.. If some legions can have the red tunic ingame, why not make also some others with red. Especially the ones with bright red shields.. It looks awesome.. Now I know its a heated debate over this, but I just red an opinion, that legionaries have more than one tunic and one color - "white" (not pure) and red one.. So anyway, trying the red tunic on some legions would do no harm, I think.. I ll try it myself with Gimp. Hopefully, I will be able to do something.

EDIT: Moreover why would be the tunic white if the leading color of vast majority of legion shields were red, hm? :-) Why the shields were not black, green or yellow?? The color on them must have had some reason!! And if the regular legionaires were not allowed to wear red, why their shields were red.. You see, its nonsense. Yes, I agree that its easier and cheaper to wear tunic with its natural color, but the war was a sort of art even for barbarians (tattoos, dying hairs etc), so I think they paid attention to every part of their war equipement. And what is more basic, than the very basic thing you wear - the tunic. So I think they dyed it for sure. Moreover the status of the regular legionaire was not a low one.. I think the basic mistake the white tunic defenders make is that they compare Rome to Medieval age, where the purple was the color of kings etc.. I think these times are quite uncomparable. Long story short, if graphic author of RS wont try it, I ll try it myself somehow. :-)
    Last edited by fingon; June 27, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

But how can you be sure, that the next order wasn´t dye them to red.
    If you actually read the line 214 of the aforementioned document, it said that the next time they would need to be yellow with green squares and pink dots.
    No, just kidding, we don't, that's why some are red and others white.

More seriously, tone created most of these units, but he has (mostly) quit modding, so he won't create new one.
    Let's hope you manage to do it yourself. If you do, I want some picture.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

We made them as accurate as we could with mean that some are red and some are white. Anyone can make a sub mod that changes that but it's not likely at all that we change the base mod textures.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam