Page 10 of 209 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 4178

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

  1. #181
    Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Hastatas Prior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singidun
    Posts
    666
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Same problem here. Rome, recruited general, cleared whole Macedonia, X battles behind him. 0 stars....

    "The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides



  2. #182
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,473
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    I'm playing as Carthage, actually.

  3. #183
    Hastatas Posterior
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    728
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Curious,

    But has anyone actually checked the traits of the the general they are using?

    I noticed, as some of my generals win battles, they got awesome increases in their traits, which will totally come into effect in the battlefield.

    EB was similar to that, in that it was more about the traits then the actual command stars, and I think it's probably the same here, but that's just an assumption of mine.

  4. #184
    dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,356
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
    When I want to annex a region, do I have to destroy the 'client & state' building first in order to build the annex region building? I some regions in italy, like region, the client&state building is already there.
    Some of the regions in Italy have Client State buildings in them because they were client states.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwertmeister View Post
    Terra Incognita: This region consists of Scandinavia and the deserts in Africa and Arabia. The settlement of this region lies on Gotland island. I think it was not meant to be conquered. Unfortunately, you actually CAN conquer it. So if you take it, large lands in Africa and Arabia are yours.
    Is this a bug or a feature?
    You aren't supposed to conquer it.

    Quote Originally Posted by satrincha View Post
    Hi!

    Where is the map of the factions?
    I cant found somewhere a map with cities / provinces of factions.

    Thank you
    _Important_Stuff folder under AOR

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    I fell in love with this mod after an hour of gameplay . But there are still some very big issues.

    Such as pathfinding. You guys, WTF? At the beginning of a defending sally battle I put my line infantry in one group and make the front line with them, then I go to organize my other troops. But for some reason the line infantry ignore the forming order and just walk (not charge, mind you) right into the enemy lines. I immediatly rush to the troops to try to get them back in formation with multiple right clicks. Some troops do, but most suddenly stop without doing anything at all, not even fighting back. Then I just keep on pressing RMB until they finally do run away.
    By then I lose about half of every unit . I know pathfinding is always a big issue with TW games but this is just rediculous.

    Then the tax reduction bonuses. Some buildings just don't make sense, -60% for a type of river in the Belgae campaign? I can understand that it will take some funds to build the thing but why does it keep reducing the tax once its finished? Remove the tax reduction bonus and make it more expensive if you have to. This is just one example of wierd bonusses in buildings.

    I am also having some problems with pictures missing in building descriptions, the installation was 100% succesfull though.

    Apart from this, I am totally digging this mod.
    The issue you report about units not obeying commands was not ever encountered in Beta testing as far as I recall. Indeed, we have done nothing that would've changed that kind of thing. We have Sinuhet's formations, standard animations, etc. Nothing all that fancy. It may be that they look so pretty, and enjoy the scenery so much they'd rather not fight. I don't know, TBH. But seriously, does this ALWAYS happen?

    The pictures missing in building description windows, is, I believe, an issue of not following RTW Vanilla's original building growth model of 'village, town, large_town, city, etc.' We didn't, basically, because we didn't want to. What previously limited your ability to say when you could build a building was the 'settlement_plan'......so, if you tried to make it so you could build a 'royal barracks' in a city instead of a large city, you'd get an error or CTD or both, because the settlement plan is what places RTW's real buildings in the settlements. If there is a conflict between EDB and the settlement plan in this respect, wham, CTD. I eliminated this problem by making a number of buildings
    in RS2 'ambient' buildings. IOW, they are just THERE in the towns and cities, but you never really build them. So you'll see in cities 'cavalry barracks, missile buildings and so, even though your faction has just one barracks it builds for all.

    The end result of this all is that many, many buildings in RS2 'peek out' at the city level. The reason for all this work was that we felt a 'city' is a big enough settlement to have just about everything a settlement should have. AND, you have the opportunity to 'freeze' that settlement at the City level for a long time, because there are so many options to keep people happy, and law in place. It just all helps avoid the constant perceived need for larger and larger cities. You can even slow down growth with population buildings, recruit a lot, and keep cities smaller for a long time. And again, it makes the AI more 'vicious', because it can produce better units more quickly.

    The downside of this is that apparently the building browser and the description dialogues have a hard time resolving building trees that ascend like this:

    town
    large_town
    city
    city
    city

    RTW 'expects' 'large_city' and 'huge_city' for the last two. And so has difficulty displaying the pictures. That's the only thing I can think of.

    Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. esteemed friend CALVIN

  5. #185
    Medkirtys's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lithuania, Kaunas
    Posts
    1,033
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    I found that building forges, smiths, recruitment halls will give ancillaries

  6. #186
    Hastatas Posterior
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    728
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medkirtys View Post
    I found that building forges, smiths, recruitment halls will give ancillaries
    Yea, I always try to build all my generals in Rome, as so far that's really the best place to at least get some good ancillaries. It's actually quite fun too from a RP prospective as I have a pretty large group of guys in Rome, makes it feel like I got my own little senate there.

  7. #187
    Valiant The Brave's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Best Land ever! The Netherlands!
    Posts
    557
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    It's because they removed the commander trait series

    'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

    Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

  8. #188
    Striker's Avatar Chinen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    402
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant The Brave View Post
    It's because they removed the commander trait series
    Do you know why?

  9. #189
    Valiant The Brave's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Best Land ever! The Netherlands!
    Posts
    557
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    No, but normally after a Heroic victory there was a chance to get 1+ trait and then when you do it again and the chance happens again 2+ command star etc. till 3 and i think they removed other easy trait series thus making it harder to get like 10 stars.

    This was because people like Hannibal didn't grow on trees, in fact even a NOBLE moron could lead a army and be trusted with it, as it happened many times in history...
    Last edited by Valiant The Brave; September 07, 2010 at 02:29 PM.

    'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

    Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

  10. #190
    Striker's Avatar Chinen
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    402
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    I can't say i disagree with them if you are correct

  11. #191
    Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Chugen
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.
    Posts
    2,348
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    Are there spear armed axilla in the mod, and can I play through all of the eras of rome? From it's birth to it's fall?

    Col.32 For an independent Cornish, and English Parliment, within a U.K. that Includes Scotland!

  12. #192
    Valiant The Brave's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Best Land ever! The Netherlands!
    Posts
    557
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    No, you start when Hannibal fought the Romans in italy(2nd punic war) and you have legions going to 53 AD(when they were levied/created).

    'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

    Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

  13. #193
    Beggar's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    575
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    I have also experienced this pathfinding bug - in sally battles, the town haven't had walls so far.
    As in sally battles, when defending, I begin in the default formation, I reform my troops. They usually go beyond the position I ordered them to, spreading out wildly. It's possible to stop them and make them go to the position you want, but it's very annoying.. I'm playing with Belgae and I've fought in Gaul and Britannia, if that matters.

  14. #194
    dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,356
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel of the 32nd Foot View Post
    Are there spear armed axilla in the mod, and can I play through all of the eras of rome? From it's birth to it's fall?
    Gosh, I wish! Would that be awesome or what!? But alas, there is just no mechanism or way in RTW (let alone lack of unit slots) to do that.

    Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. esteemed friend CALVIN

  15. #195
    dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,356
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohvi View Post
    I have also experienced this pathfinding bug - in sally battles, the town haven't had walls so far.
    As in sally battles, when defending, I begin in the default formation, I reform my troops. They usually go beyond the position I ordered them to, spreading out wildly. It's possible to stop them and make them go to the position you want, but it's very annoying.. I'm playing with Belgae and I've fought in Gaul and Britannia, if that matters.
    Could someone who has had this problem post screen shots of exactly what they did, what buttons they pushed, and basically the process they went thru to arrive at this behavior. I'm really stumped, and have never had it happen to me.

    Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. esteemed friend CALVIN

  16. #196
    Katsumoto's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,651
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    You shouldn't completely surround them because they will only fight to there deaths then.
    Show him there is a road to safety, and so create in his mind the idea that there is an alternative to death. Then strike. - Sun Tzu
    I didn't, like I said, once I realised they weren't going to flee I tried to kill them outright. They weren't broken and fighting to their deaths neither.

  17. #197
    Murakawa
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    26
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default

    I have a problem, but dont know how to post screen shots...however hopefully it wont be unique problem.
    I have steam and decided to download Rs2 via torrent which you provided, i created a new folder named (Roma Surrectum 2) and started to install Rs to that folder, i successfully downloaded RS2 and RS2 set up, leaving Rs1/2/3/4 i(which i think is right). I then put RS2 AND RS2 Set up in that (Roma Surrectum 2 Folder) However when trying to copy the Rs1/2/3/4 i get this error "cannot move Rs1/2/3/4 it is being used by another programme". I experimented with closing files and reopening ect. but to no avail. And suprise suprise when i try and launch RTW Gold on steam (after doing the whole properties thing) Rs2 doesn't load instead RTW vanilla. I've probably gone wrong somewhere but i just want a little bit of help :S

    --- triple posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button


    I have a problem, but dont know how to post screen shots...however hopefully it wont be unique problem.

    I have steam and decided to download Rs2 via torrent which you provided, i created a new folder named (Roma Surrectum 2) and started to install Rs to that folder, i successfully downloaded RS2 and RS2 set up, leaving Rs1/2/3/4 i(which i think is right). I then put RS2 AND RS2 Set up in that (Roma Surrectum 2 Folder) However when trying to copy the Rs1/2/3/4 i get this error "cannot move Rs1/2/3/4 it is being used by another programme".

    I experimented with closing files and reopening ect. but to no avail. And suprise suprise when i try and launch RTW Gold on steam (after doing the whole properties thing) Rs2 doesn't load instead RTW vanilla. I've probably gone wrong somewhere but i just want a little bit of help :S

    --- triple posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button

    I solved the problem

    Good - enjoy the game (Brusilov)
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 07, 2010 at 05:01 PM.

  18. #198
    Asterix's Avatar Princeps
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant The Brave View Post
    No, but normally after a Heroic victory there was a chance to get 1+ trait and then when you do it again and the chance happens again 2+ command star etc. till 3 and i think they removed other easy trait series thus making it harder to get like 10 stars.

    This was because people like Hannibal didn't grow on trees, in fact even a NOBLE moron could lead a army and be trusted with it, as it happened many times in history...
    this is quite true, and i agree in vanilla it was much to easy to get a good general-but please, i had a single general with more than one command star and he ended up dying mysteriously (along with his entire army) after withdrawing from an ambush on the campaign map. there should at least be some scattered 4 or 5 stars here and there, leading an army well is becoming impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

  19. #199
    Wittman's Avatar Hastatus
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgrade,Serbia
    Posts
    584
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    Same problem here,have a Macedon family member who after many,many victories hasn't earned any command star,silly
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

  20. #200
    HerzoG's Avatar Shisai
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    hmm..good question
    Posts
    428
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    Default Re: What does it take to get a command star?

    maybe the dev team made it so incredible difficult for us to get command stars because generals with them are completey over powered. i mean if you fight vs Hannibals army ,its nearly impossible to beat it in a 1 vs 1 with your crap Roman generals,because Hannibal is (correct me if im wrong) a 6 star general.maybe they had to made command stars so enormous important for troop morale to get it more historrically acurate and therefore the devs also had to make it very very difficult to let your generals become so powerful (because there werent 20 generals like Hannibal in the 2nd century b.c. on roman side,but if its possible for ur gens to get 5 or 6 or even more stars you have only generals with hannibal power and its nothing special then to beat the "real " one)
    hope you agree with me

    Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •