Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

When I play for Rome....why are romans rebels so strong? Are they veterans troops? Strange...

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

When I want to annex a region, do I have to destroy the 'client & state' building first in order to build the annex region building? I some regions in italy, like region, the client&state building is already there.

Pwn or be pwnd

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
    When I want to annex a region, do I have to destroy the 'client & state' building first in order to build the annex region building? I some regions in italy, like region, the client&state building is already there.
    Yes, once you destroy it, you can then pick the Annex option instead. Also, this may not be true, but I think your settlement has to be at least to a 3rd tier to be able to annex it (At least that is what my understanding was from the building browser), however, I'm not 100% sure on that part.

Beggar's Avatar Decanus

Any tips on using chariots? I'm not sure how should I use them, as skirmishers or to charge the enemy. As skirmishers they are quite weak, and the charge tends to work rarely. Usually they get stuck somewhere which is why there's little chance to go to enemies rear and charge. A couple of times I've managed to do it successfully, though - results have been very good. But in the end they are not really worth it. Worse yet, the generals ride them, and if I try to actually use my generals on the battlefield they usually get stuck somewhere and receive a spear to the stomach. 3 Generals down already - good thing none of them were irreplaceable.

Otherwise it has been a fun campaign with Belgae. Brythonic slingers are awesome - 700 kills against army of about 3000 men. Would have lost the battle without them, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    If you NEVER activate the script, you won't notice it. The problem is that often the script starts by itself, and sometimes not. If it even runs ONCE during your campaigns, it will cause problems later.
    eek!
    i did a quicksave for an autocalc battle, considered the outcome crap and reloaded. some time later i read that you had to activate the script after every single load. and later still, i learned that you can't activate after a reload unless you restart the entire game.
    so i'd guess that quite a few turns in my campaign were played without the script, and the rest with.

are you saying that this campaign is bound to crap out? is it rotten in its core and will i need to start from scratch or i'll get problems later on?
    (i will do that anyway, some time soon, to implement many of the lessons learned so far, but still...)

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Terra Incognita: This region consists of Scandinavia and the deserts in Africa and Arabia. The settlement of this region lies on Gotland island. I think it was not meant to be conquered. Unfortunately, you actually CAN conquer it. So if you take it, large lands in Africa and Arabia are yours.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Schwertmeister View Post
    Terra Incognita: This region consists of Scandinavia and the deserts in Africa and Arabia. The settlement of this region lies on Gotland island. I think it was not meant to be conquered. Unfortunately, you actually CAN conquer it. So if you take it, large lands in Africa and Arabia are yours.

Is this a bug or a feature?
    Could be solved by surrounding the town with mountains and placing it on scandivanvia proper if someone knows how to do this.

HerzoG's Avatar Semisalis

is it normal that nothing speacial happens after killing hannibal?

Third Age TW - Roma Surrectum II - All under Heaven

Is it still true that if we do a 1 turn campaign the special "factoin specific" campaigns do not work, for example the Romans don't have any civil wars?
    Last edited by Fabricus; September 06, 2010 at 11:51 AM.

yes

Hi!

Where is the map of the factions?
    I cant found somewhere a map with cities / provinces of factions.

Thank you

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

1. Are the siege towers supposed to shoot arrows?

2. Also you should give the iberian gaul faction a boost because they got wiped out in 10 turns after mine defeat in spain

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by satrincha View Post
    Hi!

Where is the map of the factions?
    I cant found somewhere a map with cities / provinces of factions.

Thank you
    euhmmm... there is no map for factions in the launcher, sorry... if you dont know what is one faction, its a problem yes i know but its hard to do it (C / C++ ; we talked about during the beta, but it required too much time and programming so it has not been realized. But indeed, i think it could be a good thing because I, myself, do not know some factions and ignores where they are on the map, when I select them in the launcher.)
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

great looking mod looks very intresting well done guys just wanted to now if all the units posted in tread from 2007 4 the secluid empire r in the game could not see them in building bwroser ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant The Brave View Post
    1. Are the siege towers supposed to shoot arrows?

2. Also you should give the iberian gaul faction a boost because they got wiped out in 10 turns after mine defeat in spain
    yes that is from RTW set the unit controlling the seige tower to fire at will and it shoots arrows from the seige tower.

are you talking about the averni, or the gallaeci?

Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

The guys in Iberia(poop guys) so Gallaeci.

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

well i think it was just chance that they got wiped out as i have seen them win the war and go all the way to carthage and take it. Each campaign is different which is what makes the TW series so good

Foederatus

Hey guys, this might sound stupid buttttt: can i still play RS2 if, on STEAM i just have RTW gold (Rome total war & Barbarian invasion)

yep you can just follow the directions in the release thread

Foederatus