Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bosje View Post
    before i give the wrong impression, i have to say that i love the detail. i love the easy installation instructions, i love the fact that i had no problems starting the game and my campaign (except my launcher is faulty but i posted that elsewhere). the whole thing looks fantastic and i was immediately thrown into a battle as hannibal ambushed my stack when i tried to move it. that battle was amazing, i think the battle mechanics are highly realistic, fights last a long time, not too many casualties on both sides, the battle is won by using proper tactics, as you flank them they eventually rout from there, freeing up more soldiers to rout the rest of the army. fantastic stuff!
    i had loads of questions about all the new stuff which i have to answer for myself by simply playing around a bit...

ok so i played around a little

carthage is gone from Italy, the rebellion is crushed and i'm making 30k a turn which is enough to keep building up my cities and improving my military. and i really really need a couple of pointers at this stage.

annex or citizens? there is a choice to be made. should i try to give all italian cities full citizenship as the ultimate goal? does that involve leaving them at allied level until the next tier becomes available? should i even bother building wine and trade and import stuff before they are full citizens? can i safely annex a city if they have 190% happiness? will that prevent me from ever making the citizens? what are the cons and pros of these different paths? (or did i really not read the building descriptions properly and does all the above sound like complete crap to you?)
    there's loads of nice and interesting and probably useful information in all the building descriptions but they don't say which is the smarter choice. all trade stuff asap before giving the city the next oppium? wtf? should i treat those minor temples as just handy things to upgrade happiness as and when happiness becomes a problem? and why does every single governour pick up the poor with taxes trait, even though i am building academies and markets where i can? (high taxes all round)

as for characters, why are my guys not gaining any command stars? at all? my faction leader and his legion fought a dozen battles, half of them heroic victories. the guy is worshipped by his troops, which is a nice roleplaying trait, but he still only has his starting 2 stars. his 2nd in command became a political general (-2 command) so he's useless for the rest of the campaign.

do generals only develop when left outside settlements? should i really make sure that no general ever gets to govern a settlement, even only one turn? how do i make sure my guys take the right career path and how can i find out which path they took?
    i badly need good generals so i recruited some tribunes but they all turn into lawyers with +management/-command traits
    i have a few senators here, questors there and so on, but i would really like a comprehensive explanation of how this leadership, political career tree and governor/general career path thing works. calvin's preview has a nice illustration of it, but from what i see in my game, a lot of those traits are hidden/cut/changed. could somebody please throw me a bone here?

thank you

again, despite my annoyance about the lack of guidelines/pointers, i really do like the look and scope of this mod, i'm playing this for hours now and there'll be many many hours more, because it appears to be the single best supermod ever for a TW game .

bosje out
    you should always try to make your italic cities citizen as you get a nice bonus from that.
    I always anex regions if they aren't to troublesome.
    Try to make some trade focused regions and some military focused regions. Don't do both in one city. At least not at the start.
    Temples are good but the costs so build them if needed.
    It takes much longer time to get command stars in RS 2. Keep fighting and you will get them.
    They will get those both in field and in cities. I would keep them mostly in field tough
    Yeah the trait system is hard at first. I really can't explain in in a simple way. Just play around and you will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    When i start launcher in left corner it says something like Gta VIce City, what was that?
    It's the bloom settings. It was developed for GTA by a Russian guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant The Brave View Post
    When can you build legions?
    After the Marian reform. It's all described in the release threads first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricus View Post
    I just have a quick question, if I would rather have Syracuse or the Bosporan Kingdom, where do I go to replace one of them with Sparta?
    You can't as of now. The swap factions will be released in a further patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Altano View Post
    Stupid question, I know: I've been searching high and low for the 1-turn recruitment option... Where is it exactly?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    Activate the launcher. When it starts, on the top left, there are two drop down menus. The second one is for the engine you want to use (RTW, BI or ALEX), and on top of that, there you can choose a faction for a zero turn recruitment game (for example rome or karthage) OR you can choose "One turn recruitment campaigns" or something like that. You DONT have to choose a faction in the launcher, if you've choosen "One turn recruitment", you will have to do this later in the game (like you would with vanilla rome).

I hope my explanation helps.
    Correct.

Pew. Lots of questions.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Ian Altano's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    Activate the launcher. When it starts, on the top left, there are two drop down menus. The second one is for the engine you want to use (RTW, BI or ALEX), and on top of that, there you can choose a faction for a zero turn recruitment game (for example rome or karthage) OR you can choose "One turn recruitment campaigns" or something like that. You DONT have to choose a faction in the launcher, if you've choosen "One turn recruitment", you will have to do this later in the game (like you would with vanilla rome).

I hope my explanation helps.
    Thanks for the reply! Can't believe I looked over that

Oh well, back to my Spartan campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr7390 View Post
    First of all i want to say that the Mod is really great.

All the waiting was worth it.

One little thing:

The same problem as in 1.6, I`m not able to put my siege weapons anywhere at the battlefield because there ist forest everywhere.
    Is there a solution for this?
    No. Try to only use them for sieges. They should work fine for that. If not please report what city that is giving you trouble in the RS 2 technical forum.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Question: You can see from the screen below that I was attacked by a band of Rebels called the Getae. These guys seems a little too far from their homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Question: You can see from the screen below that I was attacked by a band of Rebels called the Getae. These guys seems a little too far from their homeland.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The AI moves it's troops I think that's why.
    Son of Legio

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Maybe.....I'll start a new campaign and see.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    No. Try to only use them for sieges. They should work fine for that. If not please report what city that is giving you trouble in the RS 2 technical forum.
    oh, too bad. I like to have my Legions supported by Skorpions and things like that, but well I`ll have one Unit per Army and see whether i can find places for them on the battlefield.

Again the Leadership System is awesome
    "If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you can not do that, then perhaps the men does not deserve to die. [...] A ruler who hides behind paid executioners soon forgets what death is."
    Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell

Protector's Avatar Senator

Hi,

haven't read any post with my issue so far by others...so I will say that compared to vanilla or RS 1.6 the pictures, pop ups and unit cards are all very much too bright and light for me. Difficult to see everything clear and sharp and with good contrast and brillance.

I got Win 7
    UAC is off

I tried with bloom effect and without no change.
    I changed my high resolution settings back to 1024x68 but no any change in quality.
    I changed my monitor brighness, no change in quality.

Dunno what it is all my other Total War games are still the same good quality but now RS 2 is different dunno why...

Any idea out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi,

haven't read any post with my issue so far by others...so I will say that compared to vanilla or RS 1.6 the pictures, pop ups and unit cards are all very much too bright and light for me. Difficult to see everything clear and sharp and with good contrast and brillance.

I got Win 7
    UAC is off

I changed my high resolution settings back to 1024x68 but no any change in quality.

Dunno what it is all my other Total War games are still the same good quality but now RS 2 is different dunno why...

Any idea out there ?
    i bet you have bloom on, try pressing shift f12 ingame to turn it of and do that again to turn it on

Were can I find the menu to manage a generals career?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Hi,

I got Win 7
    UAC is off

Any idea out there ?

It's the bloom settings. you need to tick the box for bloom and choose "none" in the launcher.
    Son of Legio

Thanks for the mod, it is surely the best one for RTW si far.

I have the game in Steam and have a question : how can I play 1 turn recruitment with Steam? You wrote how to play with each faction, but not how to play 1 turn recruitment.

Thank you

I am unable to play some of historical battles i s this normal?

Laetus

First of all, great mod!
    My question is about the unit recruitment of macedon, ive built the highest barracks building in pella and pergamon (already conquered them) but i'm unable to recruit the elites: agema phalangists, hypaspists, and hetairoi. Is there something else I need to do to be able to recruit them?
    Thanks,

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys as you continue your work on RS you can tell me with what I can help you.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

thanks for the pointers, apple

so i noticed the client/allied building was giving a negative bonus in arretium, deleted that, got the new base building again and annexed it. not noticing any income changes as a result, which puzzles me. should it not be -40 for allied and +40 for annexed?
    but anyway, i assume the next tier will be citizenship after upgrading the city.

so just to be sure, it's not weird that my general is a mindless fool even after winning 10 clear or heroic victories. damn
    i appreciate that the traits are complicated and hard to explain, but i have absolutely no clue what path my guys have chosen. so i was thinking that some guy chose a civic career for himself but i made him a general, thus not gaining any command stars for his efforts, or something.

yes as things transpire i start to understand a bit more but as things stand, i'll have many many more questions in the future.

meanwhile i'm still playing the game and loving all the little things which i see, even if i don't understand all of em.
    glorious mod

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Mod going very good (after starting problems), but now i have a problem ( bug ? ) with the Spartans Faction.
    - I have no Charakters in the Family tree after i became the News that i had a new Child. There was no Children, only the 2 Starting Generals with their wimmen. Had this Bug with the Romans too.

- Second one, if i besiege a Town and wait to the last round when they came out, i cannot regroup my Army. They donīt follow my instructions or they leafe not to the position, they leaf on any point on the battlefieldd...
    Only help is that i Attack the Town and not wait for the enemy cames out.

How to edit grass with RS 2 preferences in launcher?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    How to edit grass with RS 2 preferences in launcher?
    Are you referring to the Grass draw distance or the grass itself?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Grass draw distance.