Page 1 of 209 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Welcome to Roma Surrectum II! This is the official thread for everyone to discuss the mod and fire any questions you have at the dev team!

As apple said in the old 1.6 thread....remember to play nice!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Musashi's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

First proplem. Error message saying right on the start up that there's a generic error, cannot find some elephants. Incase that I have to download a new file then wich one is it or do I have to download all of them?
    Also for some reason the setup brogram does not seem to work on secon time when trying to install and overwrite the previous files. Do I have to uninstal first and how do I do that?

EDIT: The message goes. Unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider'

Sorry if this is and propaply is a wrong thread but there seems to be no bugs thread.
    Last edited by Musashi; September 04, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Even if a thousand people believe in a lie, it's still a lie.
    Oh. If you don't understand my english then I'm sorry. I'm just bad at it. Now playing:

Blackhawk!'s Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    First proplem. Error message saying right on the start up that there's a generic error, cannot find some elephants. Incase that I have to download a new file then wich one is it or do I have to download all of them?
    Also for some reason the setup brogram does not seem to work on secon time when trying to install and overwrite the previous files. Do I have to uninstal first and how do I do that?

EDIT: The message goes. Unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider'

Sorry if this is and propaply is a wrong thread but there seems to be no bugs thread.
    Same for me....RTW alex btw. my install: rtw, 1.1 patch, rtw:bi, bi 1.6, alex....the end

DOMINION OF THE SWORD - researcher
    THE LAST KINGDOM - beta tester
    "Neprzatel se nelekayte, na mnozstwie nehleďte"

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The message goes. Unable to find skeleton 'fs_s1_forest_elephant_javelinrider'
    Same to me.

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Guys the issue has been resolved. Use the right forum: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=420

"Faction Intro movies - Available in Separate Download"! When will they be released the faction intro movies ?

Even though I have set the Adviser to NONE, it still pops out of the left top corner when I click on a settlement or a stack. Anyone else seeing this?
    “Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.” - Winston Churchill.

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

A few questions after my first tentative campaigns:

1) Why non-roman modfoldered campaigns: lurking trough the files, it seems only the romani get a specific EDU with increased cost/upkeep for the player, and all factions get a specific EDB with roughly pop growth and public order cut from certain buildings for the player.
    Was creating a folder for each campaign really worth the bother, aside for the romans?

2) Isn't the treasury building over the top? I mean ok the mod is just out and i've heard in late game i'll be begging santa klaus for money. But ... already in the first few turns there is absolutely no economy problem, and it's essentially a huge rush with no-problemo unit-pumping.

3) Why is the former persian empire structurally underdevelopped? From Pergamum to Persepolis, one has to look very hard to find a decent road network. Where is the persian royal road for example? Seems to me the middle east and mesopotamia were highly developped areas, but in this mod, everything needs to be build from scratch.

Aside from that map colors really need some tweaking, i'm on it

Thanks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    Even though I have set the Adviser to NONE, it still pops out of the left top corner when I click on a settlement or a stack. Anyone else seeing this?
    Yes you need to click on her everytime you start a new game/reload your save as clicking her starts/restarts the background script

@ siegfriedfr 1. they all need their own as the custom DMB really affects the outcome of the game as it skrinks your income,and raises the income of the your factions traditional enemies
    2. no it most definitly is not as yes in the very early years of your campagin you should have tonnes but if you rush, or even just focus on military then as soon as you take your first area outside your home your income is going to fall drasticly. Even if you invest a tonne in your economy as soon as you start to expand your economy will drop just it will drop slower and not as severly
    3.as to the persian royal road it is representes as a building that if other buildings are inplace (like way stations) will providea an added tax bonus. Also it would not be balanced for an area like that to start with a large system of advanced roads.
    Last edited by sithlord447; September 04, 2010 at 06:52 PM.

i'm maybe missing something here but i'm totally lost in all the new things which the game throws at me. could we get a manual or guide for city development and character development? or is there already such a thing and am i not finding it?

i have no idea about priorities and smart choices for cities. do i make arretium an economic city asap? loads of small buildings which make the city specialized and i'm unsure where to start.
    same with characters, calvin's preview has 'one year military service' as a trait, but i'm not seeing that trait in my game so far. do i have to keep generals out of cities and in the field with their legion? can i safely rest a legion with general in a city without him gaining management and -command traits?

i'd like to 'rtfm' except there doesn't seem to be one

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosje View Post
    i'm maybe missing something here but i'm totally lost in all the new things which the game throws at me. could we get a manual or guide for city development and character development? or is there already such a thing and am i not finding it?

i have no idea about priorities and smart choices for cities. do i make arretium an economic city asap? loads of small buildings which make the city specialized and i'm unsure where to start.
    same with characters, calvin's preview has 'one year military service' as a trait, but i'm not seeing that trait in my game so far. do i have to keep generals out of cities and in the field with their legion? can i safely rest a legion with general in a city without him gaining management and -command traits?

i'd like to 'rtfm' except there doesn't seem to be one
    as to calvin's trait system there are lots of moniter traits you can't see because they are hidden. As to what to build you will find what you want build as you get the feel of this mod my quick tip is to invest heavily in your economy, with only a few military bases and in the early game you really only need rome as a military production place

thanks

yeah i'll understand more as i play a while and i'll mess up this first campaign and start a fresh one where i'll do better. as usual. it's just that i miss those nice guides on the RS1 forum

ps the rebellion is unavoidable, i presume? i mean i just killed hannibal and his army on the first turn and still capua went to the dark side

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Bosje View Post
    thanks

yeah i'll understand more as i play a while and i'll mess up this first campaign and start a fresh one where i'll do better. as usual. it's just that i miss those nice guides on the RS1 forum

ps the rebellion is unavoidable, i presume? i mean i just killed hannibal and his army on the first turn and still capua went to the dark side
    Yeah just play around a bit you will learn.

And yes it's unavoidable.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Question before I remove RTW (I already have a mod on it so I have to). Does this require BI and Alexander, or are those optional? The Relase thread mentioned them but I couldn't really tell if they were required or not.

I'm really looking forward to playing the mod dudes, one of the few RTW mods I have played.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

why don't the custom battles work? i chose "battles only" when launching the game, and set up the custom battle, but when i clicked start it just went back to the faction selection screen

Quote Originally Posted by alextheseleucid View Post
    why don't the custom battles work? i chose "battles only" when launching the game, and set up the custom battle, but when i clicked start it just went back to the faction selection screen
    You might have installed it wrong. It should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nole4694 View Post
    Question before I remove RTW (I already have a mod on it so I have to). Does this require BI and Alexander, or are those optional? The Relase thread mentioned them but I couldn't really tell if they were required or not.

I'm really looking forward to playing the mod dudes, one of the few RTW mods I have played.
    You only need RTW but we advice you to use Alex if you got that and if not then Bi if you got that as they improves the AI.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Alright, I'm set then, thanks dude.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    You might have installed it wrong. It should work.
    everything else works, though

Np mate.

Quote Originally Posted by alextheseleucid View Post
    everything else works, though
    Strange. Post a thread about it in the RS 2 technical forum so that we can solve it.
    Son of Legio

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Is there a 1 turn recruitment option in RS2?
    *edit* Whoops found it, sorry for trigger happy forum posting
    Last edited by Delysid; September 04, 2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!