Page 8 of 209 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Foederatus

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

will downloading the torrent for RS2 still work for steam?

it should

Foederatus

!!

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Can we have "graphical" building trees or a FAQ explaining things a bit?

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Suggestion:

- I had in 3 Campaigns (Factions) not one Asassin that had more chance with more than 15% to Kill a Soldier (not a General or Family Member). Maybe you can make here something to have more chances.

- I had cheating (shame on me) only for testing 500.000 Gold to bribe a General without Loyality. He had only 2 Stars (command). But he dont want change to my Faction. I have tried several times, no chance.
    Maybe you can make here something to have more chances.

nice greet,

Increase lethality for footmen battles between battle lines just seem to drag on and almost no one dies (and fix custom games problem but im sure ure working on that already )

"Repent for tomorrow you die"- Dark angels battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar-zone View Post
    Suggestion:

- I had in 3 Campaigns (Factions) not one Asassin that had more chance with more than 15% to Kill a Soldier (not a General or Family Member). Maybe you can make here something to have more chances.

- I had cheating (shame on me) only for testing 500.000 Gold to bribe a General without Loyality. He had only 2 Stars (command). But he dont want change to my Faction. I have tried several times, no chance.
    Maybe you can make here something to have more chances.

nice greet,
    both of those are in RTW's domain not RS's

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord447 View Post
    both of those are in RTW's domain not RS's

Hm ok, sorry. I thought in other Modifications these would be not the same. My miss. Well you can probably do anything

With everything all mod-foldery, would it be possible to make a mini-mod that allows the player to have o turn recruitment, while the AI is stuck with 1 turn? I figured something like that was already implemented, so I had to restart my campaign to 1 turn. The AI spam is worse now than it was in 1.6, at least for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by John Denver View Post
    With everything all mod-foldery, would it be possible to make a mini-mod that allows the player to have o turn recruitment, while the AI is stuck with 1 turn? I figured something like that was already implemented, so I had to restart my campaign to 1 turn. The AI spam is worse now than it was in 1.6, at least for me anyway.
    if that's possible i'm signing up for that right now

(edit:
    deleted my other question and asked elsewhere, in a more relevant thread)
    Last edited by Bosje; September 06, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disc?

Where can I micromanage the career of my familymembers?

Footos's Avatar Libertus

Amazing Mod!

But anyways.. When I start the launcher up, and select one of the options below, specifically the bloom affects, whenever I choose Dark Bloom, it says it has failed to copy files. What files does it mean?

Edit: "12" pops up whenever I choose a faction to play as, as well as my preference.txt being missing (I feel stupid). But thanks in Advanced.
    Last edited by Footos; September 06, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Fiocco View Post
    Where can I micromanage the career of my familymembers?
    You can't, its all random. From my playing, there are only 3 careers, merchant, tax collector, and law. The traits should develop naturally with age.

The mod looks great, and I'm prepping a second RTW folder now. One question I do have is that if I choose to use the BI installer, will I gain the advantages of the BI engine (night battles, schiltrom/shield wall, swimming, hording, etc?), or will it just be a slightly improved AI over the vanilla game? Because if there are no BI-specific features, I'll go with Alexander for the best AI, but if some of those features are in with a BI executable, I may have to reconsider. All the best,
    mythic

Coder on Dark Ages: Roman Revival, the alternate history mod for BI.

Under the Patronage of Augustus Lucifer, member of the House of Ward.

So far I have only one caveat with this awesome mod and that is that defense skill values are too high, and this sometimes leads to excessively drawn out battles especially between two higher tier units. This isn't a big deal in open field battles, but the issue is severely magnified on siege battles when you have two high quality units fighting on the walls. For instance, I was defending a city against the Romans as the Averni and had heavy swordsman and spearmen grinding away against the republican cohorts for about 15 minutes on x3 speed and the battle overall took nearly an hour to finish (in real time), which is quite absurd given that I'll probably have to do this at least 4 more times since it's bloody Rome. Right now I'm going through a copy of the EDU and dropping the defense skill of every infantry unit by 5 to see how that affects things but it's going to take a while with so many entries to edit.
    Last edited by Gordon Freynman; September 07, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Regarding the Getae Rebels in Germania, they are indeed present at game start.

Ok Thanks. I will report this to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Wiggum View Post
    So far I have only one caveat with this awesome mod and that is that defense skill values are too high, and this sometimes leads to excessively drawn out battles especially between two higher tier units. This isn't a big deal in open field battles, but the issue is severely magnified on siege battles when you have two high quality units fighting on the walls. For instance, I was defending a city against the Romans as the Averni and had heavy swordsman and spearmen grinding away against the republican cohorts for about 15 minutes on x3 speed and the battle overall took nearly an hour to finish (in real time), which is quite absurd given that I'll probably have to do this at least 4 more times since it's bloody Rome. Right now I'm going through a copy of the EDU and dropping the defense skill of every infantry unit by 5 to see how that affects things but it's going to take a while with so many entries to edit.
    You could make that a submod so other who like faster battles could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosje View Post
    eek!
    i did a quicksave for an autocalc battle, considered the outcome crap and reloaded. some time later i read that you had to activate the script after every single load. and later still, i learned that you can't activate after a reload unless you restart the entire game.
    so i'd guess that quite a few turns in my campaign were played without the script, and the rest with.

are you saying that this campaign is bound to crap out? is it rotten in its core and will i need to start from scratch or i'll get problems later on?
    (i will do that anyway, some time soon, to implement many of the lessons learned so far, but still...)
    Don't do quicksaves. And don't use auto saves either as they tend to corrupt the game.
    You don't need to restart the game every time you load a game. Just click on a building in on of your cities and the advisor should come up. click on the advisor portrait and the scrip should activate.

Quote Originally Posted by HerzoG View Post
    is it normal that nothing speacial happens after killing hannibal?
    No nothing will change. He's just a normal general (even though he's awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Schwertmeister View Post
    Terra Incognita: This region consists of Scandinavia and the deserts in Africa and Arabia. The settlement of this region lies on Gotland island. I think it was not meant to be conquered. Unfortunately, you actually CAN conquer it. So if you take it, large lands in Africa and Arabia are yours.

Is this a bug or a feature?
    Just don't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic_Commodore View Post
    The mod looks great, and I'm prepping a second RTW folder now. One question I do have is that if I choose to use the BI installer, will I gain the advantages of the BI engine (night battles, schiltrom/shield wall, swimming, hording, etc?), or will it just be a slightly improved AI over the vanilla game? Because if there are no BI-specific features, I'll go with Alexander for the best AI, but if some of those features are in with a BI executable, I may have to reconsider. All the best,
    mythic
    Only Swimming for some units. Night battles work with RTW and Alex to in RS 2.
    Last edited by apple; September 07, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

DO you guys know how I could find out what difficulty settings I chose at the beginning of the campaign? something does not seem right. I dont quite remember what I chose for campaign and battle difficulty. Thanks

Thunderburg's Avatar Libertus

I love this game but I had to change to 1 turn recruitment (AI spam.. F&*# Rome :p )
    I was wondering how I can increase the number of men in each unit stack?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    DO you guys know how I could find out what difficulty settings I chose at the beginning of the campaign? something does not seem right. I dont quite remember what I chose for campaign and battle difficulty. Thanks
    The settings you used should still be on the menus that are used to laiunch a campaign. Go back and look at them.

There is no way to tell as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderburg View Post
    I love this game but I had to change to 1 turn recruitment (AI spam.. F&*# Rome :p )
    I was wondering how I can increase the number of men in each unit stack?
    What do you have it set to at the moment?

In game it's on the Options menu and select Unit Size. The largest setting is Huge.

This results in the following entry in the preferences.txt file: UNIT_SIZE:160

You cannot set this to a higher value.

You can change the setting using the Launcher - select the Edit RSII Preferences (the button on the left hand side under the picture). You will need to select the parth of the file.

It should be \Play_One_Turn.

You can also manually edit the file it will be in the folder \Play_One_Turn\preferences.

A value of 160 can result in some units having 240+ men in the unit:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    -Play_One_Turn or something like that. It's in the release thread under steam.
    Tank you
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 07, 2010 at 04:04 AM.