Thread: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Domesticus

Default Re: RS II: Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

You know what's even more interesting?

Roman unit fires it's first wave of pilla from a distance.
    Charges and is now in melee combat
    2 seconds later, while in melee, it stops for another pilla wave. It inflicts heavy casualties.

There.... you lost the match... unless, of course, your unit is a celtic heavy swordsmen unit. Not even imperial legions defeat them. I know, i've tested it

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

What are the reasons to set upkeep prices of spies/diplomats (other than SPQR) so high (500)?
    Can we expect to normalize it with 2.6 version?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Income is alot higher in RS.

yankee37's Avatar Laetus

Hello, I am new to the site, but not new to RTW. I do have a general question regarding the Mod Roma Surrectum 2.5, & SPQR 8.0. I will be purchasing a new version of RTW (the Gold) to be sure I have the 1.5 version. I do understand the install directions for the Mods, but my question is -- can I have both versions in my computer? What I mean is - as long as they're in different files, and locations, can I run them both and have the 2 different shortcuts on my desk top ? For example -- play RTW SPQR on Monday, and then play RTW Roma Surrectum on Tuesday with having to re-install anything.

Thank you for your time in this matter. I'm not much of a Computer guy, and thought that I'd better go where people know what they're talking about.

Ya that's fine, I have 3 RTW installs, one for RS, one for SPQR and the base one is for all the mod foldered mods.

yankee37's Avatar Laetus

Thank you Ferdiad for your quick response. This is so cool. I can't wait until October of this year, for Rome 2 looks HOT from the footage that has been released.

Quick question:

1st. If you have a save from 0 turn recruitment can you drag it and drop it in the 1 turn rome file? will it change or wont it mess up my other saves or something? I would like to turn this campaign into a 1 turn. But I dont wana have to mod every unit recruitment time

anyways 2nd: I am started a new Rome 1 turn and I am in turn 25ish. I am laying siege to syracuse I also layed siege to dalmatia region... forgot the city name. It belongs to the greeks. And even though I am playing one turn and I lay siege when I end the turn, they are able to recruit a full stack. Even when they are under siege and I am playing 1 turn recruitment. Carthage in Genoa never did not, although not sure they could even recruit any units there., but now that I am expanding I dont know why the greeks are doing that and is driving me nuts.

3rd: I've always been able to press alt+tab to minimize rtw. But recently it began to give me a screen flashing bug or something. This is confusing given is never happened before. Any ideas besides "don't minimize it"... or is there another way to minimize it safely. I mean the screen flashing is now happening every single time I do it. Weird.

Thanks btw... the loyalty thing added is awesome.

NOTE: I still put taxes as high as happiness allows, not sure what the idea of "not taxing too much" is bad. I know it doesn't work in real life but still works in RS2.6.
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; February 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM.

Hey devs great mod and all but do I need alexander 1.9 patched in this game, cause I have alx. 1.6 and I patched it up with RS 2.4 along with RTW and BI which are up to date on like patch 1.3, so do I need to reinstall? Cause my scripts aren't working in the game, the first time they do work but all the rest when I click on advisor nothing happens so I click again and it turns off or disappears, please help cause on my 2nd turn something triggered like 50 important events to happen, or could it be the 4 year turn mod for RS 2.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartas Julius View Post
    1, It's save game compatable
    2, Garrison script spawns stacks to help the AI
    3, Check your drivers
    4, High tax in the long run means you have less pop growth.

Minor glitch to report. The AI wont sally forth and attack besieging armies if the city has damaged walls, and the AI refuses to repair the walls.
    Been 8-10 turns since Hannibal crushed me at Trasimene and took Arretium, but he hasnt budged from the settlement since. I be-siege the city with a smaller force then his, Hannibal sally's forth to attack but doesnt actually leave the cities walls, even if it's the last turn of the siege. I assume it has to do with the damaged walls that the AI wont repair, since my other sieges have gone by smoothly.
    Not too compelled to play this campaign if Hannibal just starves himself to death.

Is there a way to force repairs in enemy settlements?
    Any advice/solutions would be great!

If it has it in it's build queue you could process_cq it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    1, It's save game compatable
    2, Garrison script spawns stacks to help the AI
    3, Check your drivers
    4, High tax in the long run means you have less pop growth.

Ah ok, that is great news I can drop it in 1 turn and play. To be absolutely honest the 0 turn recruitment is perfect for the beginning, it helps factions that dont have that many cities. But after about the 15-20 turn it gave me the idea to switch over the files. Now the 0 turn recruitment I had is working amazing. Small nations had a chance to grow now is 1 turn for everyone. Works fine for now thanks

2. Oh ok... makes sense, I just wished I could do it too though, was recruiting units in messana and the greeks took it but I took it back anyways.

3. Went to device manager and had them updated. Funny thing is it started happening 2 days ago... never in my entire time playing rs2 did it happen until now. BUt I save before doing anything just in case.

4. Oh yes I have taxes as high as happiness allows while planning which cities I want pop to increase. Not sure if high taxes mean governors get bad traits or not but. The loyalty decreasing during long times in the field... amazing, love everythig about it.

NOTE:

Any ideas how a general go "demoralized" trait: -2 command, morale and influence. He hasn't lost a battle yet not even retreated.

Thanks for an awesome mod though.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Does anybody has a problem with quotes in 2,5? It seems ALWAYS to display only one (first) quote in my PC.

Life is short, and usually ends in death
    German proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    Does anybody has a problem with quotes in 2,5? It seems ALWAYS to display only one (first) quote in my PC.
    It's not a bug - but quite deliberate! The changing quotes was identified as a possible CTD-causing event and the Team changed it to be a single one per campaign/faction.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Odesos's Avatar Civis

I started my game with sparta without fog of war.How can i turn it off now?

Open the console
    toggle_fow

Evening I believe. Both from RTW.exe and BI.exe I can safely say that the ancillary "geometer" doesn't decrease construction costs it actually increases them. I will try to post a picture within a day having troubles with with RTW flashing error and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartas Julius View Post
    ......... I can safely say that the ancillary "geometer" doesn't decrease construction costs it actually increases them..........
    It and other building +/- issues - known - fixed - Soon(tm)
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

ooo ok, future fix. Thanks
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; March 01, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So where and how do I see hill forts? are they forts? villages? etc?

Also, how do I activate the console?
    Last edited by saxdude; March 02, 2013 at 12:18 AM.