Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    I'll have to start saving up now for a particularly good computer to play this on.
    They said they want to keep machine requirements "the same [as Shogun 2]".
    Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    That gives us only a few months left to get things just right - and present a real alternative....
    I read realease was prolly "late 2013" so its more like a year and a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    If I buy a game I want to be able to play it and not have to sign-up to some intrusive big brother - let alone the fact that the games run best on a standalone......grrrrrrrr
    true.dat
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Not sure how i feel about reduced micromanagement, with the deal of managing entire regions instead of individual towns.
    I guess you arent forced to form big provinces, in that case you can just leave the regions as they are and not unify them to provinces at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Will the level of realism reach RS2?
    I dont think so, cause CA always aimed at a balance between realism and fun, also you may change history by "picking the loadout of individual units of troops"(source).

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

The battles have a new sense of scale thanks to an increase in the size of units and the number of units you control.

It starts with an amphibious assault; troops spilling out of a variety of Triremes and ancient landing craft.

As he holds his position, defenders try and attack, but are cut off by a collapsing building.

Looking back at those moments of battle, there’s an impressive new lighting engine, resplendent with particles and gorgeous reflections off the burnished metal of the Legionnaires’ armour.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

^It's as if they've been listening to everything I've been wishing for in my head haha

Quote Originally Posted by sadlogic View Post
    They said they want to keep machine requirements "the same [as Shogun 2]".
    But I've recently destroyed my computer (accidentally of course) so instead of buying a quite good one now I'll just get and okay one and save up for a very very good one. There are like 18 months until the release after all.
    Last edited by Julio-Claudian; July 02, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Domesticus

The region turning into provinces thing seems to apply to army setup as well. Looks like they're planning on removing the individuality, as in, your armies are no longer made up of individual units (archer unit, slingers, different types of infantry), but instead are bunched up in groups or in the example they used: legions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    The region turning into provinces thing seems to apply to army setup as well. Looks like they're planning on removing the individuality, as in, your armies are no longer made up of individual units (archer unit, slingers, different types of infantry), but instead are bunched up in groups or in the example they used: legions.
    Ya.
    “We’re trying to reduce the management you’ve got to do [with] assembling armies, and that kind of thing.”
    That is sort of worrying.

Domesticus

The whole simplification aura that so far surrounds the game worries me as well

Managing hundreds of regions? No need to worry with that anymore. We present you Provinces!

Customizing your armies with distinct units? Nonsense, now you have legions!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

its gonna be great eye candy , crap gameplay ...very worrying ...totaly unmoddable i bet and with added buy ons later hope they sort some kinda decent ai out this time , we shall see

individual units are still there - and i hope recruitable. i think they are just going to give you a button that says "recruit legion from this province" which gives the command to the settlements in this region to produce the units that form a legion and rally all those units at wished location. same would be possible for provinces vs single settlements.

I cant wait to fight to preserve the roman republic
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

The article that I first saw about rome 2 said one sentence that really got me.

If a soldier gets an arrow in the neck, his buddy will recoil in horror, or try to drag him to safety.

My steam account is lost. I have long since deleted the email address I used for it and so cannot recover the password. I had Empire on that steam account, is my Empire disk now completely useless? I cannot install it again on another account, correct?

Usually, when you delete an email account, it is simply deactivated.
    So you may be able to restart one with the same address, and get your password back.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Ah yes I managed to get the email account back.

It would be impossible to remove the game from that account and transfer it to a new one wouldn't it?

You might be able to call up Valve customer support to see if they can move it, but if its just the email that is bugging you, you can change the one you registered with your steam account to a different one.

Oh great, I didn't know I could change the email address.
    I wanted a different account because the user name I chose was bloody stupid mostly lol. But phoning them up etc is just too much hassle.

You can change your screen name, but your account name will always be that. Go to profile -> edit -> Profile Name, or open your friend list, right click your name, and click change profile name. This changes how others view your profile, but when you log in you will still use the old name.

Quote Originally Posted by Timefool View Post
    You can change your screen name, but your account name will always be that. Go to profile -> edit -> Profile Name, or open your friend list, right click your name, and click change profile name. This changes how others view your profile, but when you log in you will still use the old name.
    Oh okay then that's fine.

I'll do that. And I guess I'll just make another account for the other games.

Thanks.

We have to wait a full year for RTW 2 but it will be worth it...

Muhahahah

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    We have to wait a full year for RTW 2 but it will be worth it...

Muhahahah
    No it won't. You are building it up to be a godly game, but when it comes out and its only demigodly you will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Timefool View Post
    No it won't. You are building it up to be a godly game, but when it comes out and its only demigodly you will be disappointed
    Nope, I will not I dont care if the game is godly or demigodly... I just want to play as Rome again.