Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Wouldn't it be lovely if CA refactored the RTW code to make it utilize multiple processors...

Wouldn't it be nice if CA consulted the best of the modding community and then upgraded the hardcoded AI (oh and then allowed tailorability of said AI!)...

Wouldn't it be super if CA removed some of the hardcoded limits on faction and unit totals...

Wouldn't it be great if CA upgraded the diplomacy and opened it up to tailorability aswell!

Oh and then make all of these changes compatible with all the mods.

Oh ffs CA, just release the source code!

In Reference to the Personality Test:

Seleucids - absolutely spot on.
    Sparta - You like being put in a desperate situation, every turn, for a hundred years. Note to self: you're not MyGyver.
    Cimbrii - I would add that besides being a man's man, you don't bother trying to save, because you never have half the money you wished you had to buy stuff.
    Macedonia - You have delusions of grandeur: you think you're Alexander, but this isn't 334 BC and Aristotle wasn't your tutor.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Von Luck View Post

Sparta - You like being put in a desperate situation, every turn, for a hundred years. Note to self: you're not MyGyver.
    You're playing Sparta wrong
    Last edited by Grimbold; December 02, 2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnaug View Post
    Wouldn't it be lovely if CA refactored the RTW code to make it utilize multiple processors...

Wouldn't it be nice if CA consulted the best of the modding community and then upgraded the hardcoded AI (oh and then allowed tailorability of said AI!)...

Wouldn't it be super if CA removed some of the hardcoded limits on faction and unit totals...

Wouldn't it be great if CA upgraded the diplomacy and opened it up to tailorability aswell!

Maybe one day they will. It been 7 years since the game was released. Maybe when it turns 10 years old they will release it.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Durnaug View Post

don't forget the hardcoded limit on regions!
    would love to see the roman empire extend to america xD

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Maybe one day they will. It been 7 years since the game was released. Maybe when it turns 10 years old they will release it.
    I would expect them to release R2:TW rather than do that......

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I would expect them to release R2:TW rather than do that......
    Yea your right I see that happening first then they releasing the source code for RTW
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I wouldn't hold your breath on the source code, the companies I've worked at have had products older than 10 years that don't have source code released, no reason why CA would do it either.

It's Comedy Box night at the Roma Surrectum Club!

So I was playing RSII with this guy and he kept asking me, "Where's your friggin' cavalry?" I said take it easy pal, look I have some skirmisher horse. But he kept asking me about my friggin' cavalry. Eventually I said to him, "Okay pal, it is all yours, you build some cavalry for me". So he took control of the mouse and started clicking on the Phrygian Heavy Cavalry card.

*Boom tish*

See the guy is mispronouncing the name Oh nevermind! Fine, be like that. I'll get my coat...
    Last edited by Durnaug; December 11, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

Merry Xmas to one and all. Seasonal thanks and greetings to all the modders (past, present and future) and all the "gamers". To paraphrase a great bard...

"Cast a cold Eye
    On Life, on Death;
    Horseman, pass by
    And let me play in peace!"

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    Yea your right I see that happening first then they releasing the source code for RTW
    Have they ever released source codes for STW and MTW?

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas, full of happiness, joy and... testudo!

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Von Luck View Post

Seleucids - absolutely spot on.
    Cimbrii - I would add that besides being a man's man, you don't bother trying to save, because you never have half the money you wished you had to buy stuff.
    Macedonia - You have delusions of grandeur: you think you're Alexander, but this isn't 334 BC and Aristotle wasn't your tutor.
    LOL at the Macedonia one. I think I'm Alexander all the time

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

those who play 1 turn = cowards who get tired easily by a lot of battles
    those who play 0 turn = battle maniacs who never patient enough to raise a lot of troops and flood the battlefield in 1 turn

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

those who play 0 turn = battle maniacs that will never savor the taste of strategy.
    those who play 1 turn = yes, I remember Alesia, it was a decisive battle: we could win... or die!

U.U

Quote Originally Posted by Romanheart View Post
    those who play 0 turn = battle maniacs that will never savor the taste of strategy.
    those who play 1 turn = yes, I remember Alesia, it was a decisive battle: we could win... or die!

U.U
    something in question was actually the economy, while there's indeed an upper money cap, in RSII money flow like water - and the question is, to bypass money cap all you need is merely more troops to waste the money on - actually I did try to mess arround with EDB and instead of giving all extra tax increase, I severely cut that and give more tax penalty, as well as nerving up trade.... the result is hillarious, very very hillarious... as everyone jump straight head on into massive debt

and indeed 1 turn battles is pretty much decisive, you can practically waltz in enemy territories with one or two stack and kill town after town, and uh, not facing possible immediate counterattack (unless there's script in work back there, there's why FGE is good but once you get used to it, it's pretty predictable - while in 0 turn, yep, taking a vacation inside enemy territories is nice bait for enemy stack spam try to kick your behind, and their compositions aren't that predictable)
    Last edited by Spike; December 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

When I start to swim in moneys, I usually use them to build and build, so I make my cities more complete and my treasure is under control. I prefer 1 turn campaign because of the possibility to think carefully what type of troops put in 1-2 armies for a campaign. And I like to see my army become increasingly more experienced, with veterans who have fought in Gaul, Africa, Asia (I have now an army in Armenia that has crossed swords with all my enemies, from Carthage to Parthia). With 0 turn, knowing that I can replace losses quickly, I don't care about this

When I start to swim in moneys, I usually use them to build and build, so I make my cities more complete and my treasure is under control. I prefer 1 turn campaign because of the possibility to think carefully what type of troops put in 1-2 armies for a campaign. And I like to see my army become increasingly more experienced, with veterans who have fought in Gaul, Africa, Asia (I have now an army in Armenia that has crossed swords with all my enemies, from Carthage to Parthia). With 0 turn, knowing that I can replace losses quickly, I don't care about this
    and conquering everyone with retrainable, gold chevroned troops aren't the very definition of "fun" since they will just kill anyone who touch em

sure, in 0 turn you can replace loses quickly, and unless using alex.exe, AI rarely retrains, so the more valid option is merge units with less experienced ones

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Did you fight the Civil War? I ask because before Civil War explodes, I prefer 1 turn and after I prefer 0 turn!

Complimenti per il banner della Repubblica Romana e per il pensierino Vaticano!!!!

During Civil War I start on defence and let Roman Rebels siege my cities. Then, little by little, I become to re-conquer all

Grazie, sono contento che la pensiamo allo stesso modo!