Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Does anyone else get that sudden urge to play the vanilla BI after so much of RSII and other roman period mods? Ive been absorbed in playing vanilla BI as the Eastern and sometimes Western empires, complete with the completely ahistorical marian centurions leading comitatenses Ive played IB, but i just like vanilla bi for some reason....definate plus is how smoothly it runs compared to more demanding mods

Although ive just reinstalled ChivTW...so i may just move to the medieval period instead hehe

and Jaytee...thats just depressing lmao! We may be just a dot but we're still a pretty damn amazing dot!
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AspisPhalanx90 View Post
    and Jaytee...thats just depressing lmao! We may be just a dot but we're still a pretty damn amazing dot!
    I tried playing BI again but it won't get past the first screen. Also, I felt liberated after hearing his words as it gave me a new view on life. It only depresses me when I play this game. haha

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Arddene's Avatar Foederatus

I, too, had this urge to play BI few weeks ago. I couldn't force myself going past the first menu screen, though.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

For some reasons, playing BI is fun if you play as the huns and end up carving a really big empire instantly due to your over powered 132 men HA simply steamroll enemy resistances

(oops, my 666th post in TWC)

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    I tried playing BI again but it won't get past the first screen. Also, I felt liberated after hearing his words as it gave me a new view on life. It only depresses me when I play this game. haha
    If you are tempted to play the period in RTW BI then there are several excellent mods out there to play.

Fall Of Rome: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1347

Invasio Bararorvm: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113

There are probably others.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Default Re: Playing Rome in RSII – A Basic Survival Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    I just finished rebuilding my BootCamp partition with Windows 7. I finally have it installed, and RSII installed, and everything is sweet now. I can even play with huge units.
    How does it run with bootcamp? Im playing in OS X on my macbook but curious as to if itd be worth buying windows xp or even 7, so itd be alot easier to play modded games (i.e RTW mods, M2TW..)

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

How does it run with bootcamp? Im playing in OS X on my macbook but curious as to if itd be worth buying windows xp or even 7, so itd be alot easier to play modded games (i.e RTW mods, M2TW..)
    It's definitely worth it, especially if you buy the 64 bit version.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    It's definitely worth it, especially if you buy the 64 bit version.
    thanks apple; is it easy to use? ive always been hesitant to try bootcamp because of a) windows is expensive and b) i dont want to hurt my poor little macbook (its a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo with 2gb ram as of now)

It's runs beautifully, to be honest.

My new MacBook Pro is an i7 with 512mb graphics card. Using FRAPs to determine FPS, I can pull down 20+ FPS playing huge units and doubling game speed (triple speed lags the game, of course). Playing large units is perfectly fine.

Note that I've not done any .exe adjustment to improve performance.

On my old Macbook Pro (2008 version), it also ran perfect, with all graphic settings on the highest except unit detail which doesn't really give you anything except shaders.

The decision to use Windows 7 v. XP is really a matter of hard drive size and how much you want to partition. I have a 500 gig HD, and I partitioned 140 gig for BootCamp. That allows me to install Oblivion with about 300 mods, RSII, and ... sigh ... Empire Total War (that game is like a bad boyfriend).

Windows 7 so far runs great and allows me to use all 4 gig of my ram. However, it takes up a huge amount of hard drive space ... huge ... compared to XP.

XP, on the other hand, runs RSII great but has about a 3.2 gig ram limitation. It will only recognize that much RAM or less. According to the Apple forums, the most RAM that the current Macbook or a MacBook Pro will recognize is around 2.17 gig of RAM (this is what my current MacBook recognized until I installed Windows 7).

So, if you have the gigs, I'd install Windows 7. But RSII works fine on XP, too.

~ Dani ~

Just saw the install question:

If you're installing XP it's a bit harder; I found the install for Bootcamp in Windows 7 very simple. But I've done both and if you want to do it, I can answer any questions you have.

~ D ~
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

thanks apple; is it easy to use? ive always been hesitant to try bootcamp because of a) windows is expensive and b) i dont want to hurt my poor little macbook (its a 2.4ghz intel core 2 duo with 2gb ram as of now)
    It's really easy. Just give me a pm if you need any help.
    (Yeah window is expensive. 219,99$ for Windows 7 Ultimate while Mac OS X Snow Leopard only costs 29$).
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

It's really easy. Just give me a pm if you need any help.
    (Yeah window is expensive. 219,99$ for Windows 7 Ultimate while Mac OS X Snow Leopard only costs 29$).
    Actually, before you pay that much money for Windows 7, check educational pricing if you can get it. I bought Windows 7 Home Edition for $99.00 on Newegg only to discover that I could get Windows 7 Professional through the Office of Software Licensing at the University I attend for less that $50.0 (quite a bit less, actually). This is a full licensed disc copy, complete with registration key.

May not be an option but it can't hurt to check.

~ Dani ~
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

well apple..snow leopard was only so cheap because it was more of a "hotfix". Remember, the original leopard was pretty pricy itself

I may pick up windows 7 from the MSU computer store, hopefully there i can get a student discount for it.

I only have 2gb ram on this, but the only major thing that uses most of it would be...Rome Total War i assume, plus i have external harddrives sooo as long as my mac can still carry out internet and wordprocessing, the bootcamp option doesnt sound too bad. And im not looking to play games like Oblivion

just the nice old games that never made it to mac....aka medieval total war 2...i like empires, but really just for the naval battles, graphics dont bother me

well apple..snow leopard was only so cheap because it was more of a "hotfix". Remember, the original leopard was pretty pricy itself

I may pick up windows 7 from the MSU computer store, hopefully there i can get a student discount for it.

I only have 2gb ram on this, but the only major thing that uses most of it would be...Rome Total War i assume, plus i have external harddrives sooo as long as my mac can still carry out internet and wordprocessing, the bootcamp option doesnt sound too bad. And im not looking to play games like Oblivion

just the nice old games that never made it to mac....aka medieval total war 2...i like empires, but really just for the naval battles, graphics dont bother me
    Nah Leopard was only something like 59$ if I remember correctly. I'm 100% sure that it was less than 219,99 anyway.
    Son of Legio

Nah Leopard was only something like 59$ if I remember correctly. I'm 100% sure that it was less than 219,99 anyway.
    I think your still referring to the windows 7 pro or officer or w.e edition..not the home the home edition CANT be much more than 99.99...but it is microsoft...its possible

I think your still referring to the windows 7 pro or officer or w.e edition..not the home the home edition CANT be much more than 99.99...but it is microsoft...its possible
    Yeah but that's not the full w7 experience. OS X only comes in one version and that version is 64 bit.
    Windows comes in multiple versions:

Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Enterprise 64, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Professional 64, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Premium 64, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Basic 64 and Windows 7 Starter.

You can't compare the price with the cheeper models as that is like comparing a cheep laptop with an expensive one and say that the cheeper one is better just because it's cheeper even tough it may not have a lot of the features that the expensive ones has.

It's not that strange tough that it is like this as Microsoft is more or less only a software company (at least the windows part of the company), while Apple is a Hardware company that makes software.
    Microsoft gets it's money form the software while Apple gets it's money from the Hardware they are selling.

I know that this discussion is a bit off-topic so I might have move it to another thread once it's over.
    Son of Legio

yeah move it somewhere lool, this has nothing to do with Roman campaigns. Well with that many operating systems, its a wonder people still use windows. Guess it just goes to show how much better macs are, since they can run both Windows and the mac OS, yet PCs can only run one

Posts moved.
    Son of Legio

This video is probably the most funny thing I've seen in months.
    Prepare to .

PS: Make sure to read the whole description of the video too (on youtube).
    Son of Legio