Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Default Re: Do You Play With Unit Detail on Highest?

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    I use a 27' i7 iMac too ...

I want a 27" iMac ...

~ Dani ~
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

And I want a macbook.
    We need to come up with a way to clone our macs.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    My new MacBook Pro plays RSII like a dream, even on the battle map. With all settings maxed, I'm getting 15-30 FPS with AA (antialiasing) and AS (antisotopic) Filters set to full 16x. AA is disabled in-game; just running it through my graphcis card.

Today, just for fun, I nudged my unit detail down from highest to high. This brought me a huge FPS advantage - amost 20 FPS. I'm now getting 40+ on the battle map.

IIR, Tone told me that the only difference betwen unit detail on high and highest is on the latter, the game doesn't take advantage of distance shaders (I may be misquoting Tone, so don't blame him if that's wrong). If that's true, than there should be no difference when you're looking at the unit up close, right?

Just curious what other players are doing ...

~ Dani ~
    which one do you have? I plan on getting a Macbook Pro myself sometime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrus View Post
    which one do you have? I plan on getting a Macbook Pro myself sometime soon
    http://store.apple.com/us/configure/...co=MTc0Njg1ODE
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

I have the 15" iMac:

2.66 GHz Intel QuadCore i7
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 mb

I have to say, tho, I followed Apple's advice in purchasing it, which was very helpful.

I didn't get the solid state drive. Still, I have a 500 gb drive that allows me to set up a 120 gb BootCamp/Windows drive and still left me plenty for room for almost 100 gb of images, textures, brushes, patterns, and other graphic garbage I've collected over the last two years that goes with my Adobe CS4 install. I didn't get the 17" because it's a bit heavier than I'd want a laptop to be (the 15" does have a nice, solid feel to it). The new screens are simply fantastic.

~ Dani ~

Edit: Just saw Apple's link, so, yeah that one. BTW, Apple, since we can't dup them, maybe we should timeshare?
    Last edited by Aristotle's Folly; October 02, 2010 at 07:38 PM.

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

My new MacBook Pro plays RSII like a dream, even on the battle map. With all settings maxed, I'm getting 15-30 FPS with AA (antialiasing) and AS (antisotopic) Filters set to full 16x. AA is disabled in-game; just running it through my graphcis card.

Today, just for fun, I nudged my unit detail down from highest to high. This brought me a huge FPS advantage - amost 20 FPS. I'm now getting 40+ on the battle map.

IIR, Tone told me that the only difference betwen unit detail on high and highest is on the latter, the game doesn't take advantage of distance shaders (I may be misquoting Tone, so don't blame him if that's wrong). If that's true, than there should be no difference when you're looking at the unit up close, right?

Just curious what other players are doing ...

~ Dani ~
    Quote Originally Posted by -FrOzeN- View Post
    Nope, there's no difference on unit quality
    (Not any noticeable), only difference is as you said, that the game uses sprites on high quality.
    Fellow RS2 Addicts,

You have just made my life umpteen times more joyous. That is all.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

I have the 15" iMac:

2.66 GHz Intel QuadCore i7
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 mb

I have to say, tho, I followed Apple's advice in purchasing it, which was very helpful.

I didn't get the solid state drive. Still, I have a 500 gb drive that allows me to set up a 120 gb BootCamp/Windows drive and still left me plenty for room for almost 100 gb of images, textures, brushes, patterns, and other graphic garbage I've collected over the last two years that goes with my Adobe CS4 install. I didn't get the 17" because it's a bit heavier than I'd want a laptop to be (the 15" does have a nice, solid feel to it). The new screens are simply fantastic.

~ Dani ~

Edit: Just saw Apple's link, so, yeah that one. BTW, Apple, since we can't dup them, maybe we should timeshare?
    You mean macbook right.
    And yeah some like a good idea. Now we only have to check the flights and how much it would cost to ship it to you from Sweden.
    Son of Legio

Merging with the Mansio thread.
    Son of Legio

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Sounds good
    anybody know how the 320M from Nvidia copes with RSII or Games in general? My old Thinkpad just gave his life up after heavy use lol and I don't want to spend too much as I'm also saving for a Camaro but I'd like a Apple Notebook

Quote Originally Posted by Scarrus View Post
    Sounds good
    anybody know how the 320M from Nvidia copes with RSII or Games in general? My old Thinkpad just gave his life up after heavy use lol and I don't want to spend too much as I'm also saving for a Camaro but I'd like a Apple Notebook
    Well, the 330M that I have (512 mb) is keeping up with Oblivion and RSII very well. I'm satisfied with the 330s performance in both games, althought the 330, like the 320, is considered a "mid-range" graphics card.

If you want more detailed info on the 320, here's a link to that includes some game benchmarks.

That said, one expensive lesson I learned a couple of years ago: no matter how good your graphics card is, no matter how much ram you have, without a good processor, you just bottleneck. Which is why I spent the extra money for the i7.

In all honesty, I love(d) both my MacBooks. They weren't perfect (although my current one is near perfect) but they were far superior to any PC that I've ever owned or seen. Others, of course, have a different opinion. I'd try to get a loaner, if you can, for a few days, just to test a Mac out.

I'm looking for a good 2009-2010 RPG to test out my new i7, just to get a feel for how well it handles other games ...

~ Dani ~

Connstantine XI's Avatar Foederatus

I have the i5. But it can butcher some games. There's a really good app for fan speed, I can give a link if you'd like. Wish I woulda got more than 320gb though. I split it in half for
    W7

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Macs aren't worth the plastic and silicon they are made from.

Haha whatever you say man. I love mine and the price I paid for
    It.

--- double posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button

Apple, if you find a way to clone them, mine can be the guinea pig
    Last edited by Brusilov; October 04, 2010 at 04:07 AM.

jnabb22's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa hwoa whao whoa owajhs!! not cool! my mom works, there, my sister and cousin work their, and so will i soon! and apple people are the best and apple products are even better!
    LONG LIVE STEVE JOBS!!
    The mind is everything. What you think you become- Buddha
    Requiescat in Pace Calvin

Icon12 Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

And for the record. My MacBook pro is made out of aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Connstantine XI View Post
    And for the record. My MacBook pro is made out of aluminum.
    As were both of mine. And, I can say because I dropped my old one down a flight of stairs, the insides have a bit of metal, too ...

~ Dani ~

Hi. This is my first post in the mansio. Who is looking forwar to shogun II? At first I was not, now I am excited! The graphics look great, I just hope we will be able to command a considerably larger amount of troops, say 20000 or so, which I hear is the rumour. It would be sad if that was just like the max ingame troops, I am sick and tired of waging war with understrengh armies.

Anyway, if they actually do make it a "next generation" game " I will be happy. We all know of course as gamers how next generation means same old boring nubish game with better graphics and more lag. Call of Duty for instance...Oh, and they better make it mod friendly as well!
    Originally Posted by Tyer032392:
    "The problem about having troops killing soldiers is that if CA implemented that, than they will earn the ire of Jack Thompson, and that is something CA doesn't need. If anyone doesn't know who he is, google "Jack Thompson"."

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    This.

@Aristotle's Folly

Thx

Anyone heard about the "iTouch Kids" yet?

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

If you don't like Microsoft, then go with linux. It and all of its software is free, and it is much faster and safer than Mac. Why pay for what is essentially a less stable version of the same thing?