Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Roma Surrectum Mansio, a place for friendly off topic talk

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    If you don't like Microsoft, then go with linux. It and all of its software is free, and it is much faster and safer than Mac. Why pay for what is essentially a less stable version of the same thing?
    Are you serious? That's like saying that a gamecube is as good as a PS3 because both play games.

Why do you think mac OS X is the leading OS when it comes to multimedia jobs such in music, film making and photography. Do you really think all the companies in those areas just spends there money on a inferior system when they could get a better one for free.

I feel sorry for you for hating a company's products that you probably never have used.

O and if it wasn't for my mac, you wouldn't be able to listen to my music.
    PS written from my iPhone.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post

in that case, god bless macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    Well, the 330M that I have (512 mb) is keeping up with Oblivion and RSII very well. I'm satisfied with the 330s performance in both games, althought the 330, like the 320, is considered a "mid-range" graphics card.

If you want more detailed info on the 320, here's a link to that includes some game benchmarks.

That said, one expensive lesson I learned a couple of years ago: no matter how good your graphics card is, no matter how much ram you have, without a good processor, you just bottleneck. Which is why I spent the extra money for the i7.

In all honesty, I love(d) both my MacBooks. They weren't perfect (although my current one is near perfect) but they were far superior to any PC that I've ever owned or seen. Others, of course, have a different opinion. I'd try to get a loaner, if you can, for a few days, just to test a Mac out.

I'm looking for a good 2009-2010 RPG to test out my new i7, just to get a feel for how well it handles other games ...

~ Dani ~

Ever tried Dragon Age : Origins ?
    Mass Effect 2 as well but it isn't that much of a RPG like Mass Effect 1 which was made on 2007, in fact it became more of a shooter but still have an RPG feel to it

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Are you serious? That's like saying that a gamecube is as good as a PS3 because both play games.

Why do you think mac OS X is the leading OS when it comes to multimedia jobs such in music, film making and photography. Do you really think all the companies in those areas just spends there money on a inferior system when they could get a better one for free.

I feel sorry for you for hating a company's products that you probably never have used.

OSX is a butchered rip off of OpenBSD, a unix based Operating System. This is why Macs have some unix features, but they are butchered like the kernal. Linux is fully unix-based and is therefore much more powerful. It has nearly any software you could imagine for Mac or Windows, and because it can dual boot you can use Windows for anything else. I fail to see any virtues for Mac. It has no open sourced software whatsoever. Apple didn't even make it, as I said they stole it.

How can you steal something that is free to use?
    If that so then all webkit based browsers are stolen from apple. This includes google Crome and most of the mobile browsers on the market.

And btw a mac can triple boot and even more. You better check your facts before you write your posts.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Gamecube isnt as good as PS3, because the gamecube is one hundred times better.

I personally still prefer windows for computers, but i still have an ipod which hasnt broken yet, i just wouldnt waste money on most of apples products when i can get things for a lot less money which are less shiny, but do more or less the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Gamecube isnt as good as PS3, because the gamecube is one hundred times better.

I personally still prefer windows for computers, but i still have an ipod which hasnt broken yet, i just wouldnt waste money on most of apples products when i can get things for a lot less money which are less shiny, but do more or less the same thing.
    (I mean in terms of gfx power )

And I agree with you. I wouldn't buy a mac if I was to use it to only surfing the web and gaming.
    However as I add multimedia to that a mac is the best choice for me.
    Son of Legio

(I mean in terms of gfx power )

And I agree with you. I wouldn't buy a mac if I was to use it to only surfing the web and gaming.
    Yeh back when i was at college the music department all had macs, because they just said it was better for working with their music and whatnot.

Just wanted to inform you guys that I will start to post some unofficial tweets about stuff that is made behind the scene in the developer forum.
    For those that are interested follow my twitter account Writers_Corner.
    Son of Legio

OMFG!!!!!!!

Gaius Marius was the uncle of Julius Caesar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes that Marius of the Marian Reforms and that "alea iacta est" Julius Caesar)

Call me noob, i never knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!
    Last edited by Dramatic Cat; October 06, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Ever tried Dragon Age : Origins ?
    Mass Effect 2 as well but it isn't that much of a RPG like Mass Effect 1 which was made on 2007, in fact it became more of a shooter but still have an RPG feel to it
    I did look at ME1 but it wasn't really my thing. Space age RPGs don't do much for me.

I actually have DAO lying around the apartment somewhere. I paid full price for it shortly after it came out, one of the few games I bought and paid for brand new - and one of the truly worst customer service experiences of my life. I bought DAO on Amazon, they shipped it to me. DAO has that online feature, where you register your game, then create an online account. Well, my serial number would install the game, but not register my online account. No matter what I did, the number just wouldn't work.

So I chatted with BioWare's customer service and they practically accused me of stealing the game. This went on - seriously - for about two weeks of repeated contact before they finally agreed to give me a new serial number if and only if I could convince Amazon to contact them and provide proof that I purchased the game (proof from me just wasn't working for them).

Frustrated, I called Amazon. They were like: "Don't sweat it. We'll send you a brand new game." And they did! I got it four days later and that serial number worked.

I didn't have to talk with BioWare again. Although, after that, I never really got into DAO ... maybe I should give it a second chance.

... I wouldn't buy a mac if I was to use it to only surfing the web and gaming.
    Oh yes, this. Definitely this.

~ Dani ~
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    I did look at ME1 but it wasn't really my thing. Space age RPGs don't do much for me.

I actually have DAO lying around the apartment somewhere. I paid full price for it shortly after it came out, one of the few games I bought and paid for brand new - and one of the truly worst customer service experiences of my life. I bought DAO on Amazon, they shipped it to me. DAO has that online feature, where you register your game, then create an online account. Well, my serial number would install the game, but not register my online account. No matter what I did, the number just wouldn't work.

So I chatted with BioWare's customer service and they practically accused me of stealing the game. This went on - seriously - for about two weeks of repeated contact before they finally agreed to give me a new serial number if and only if I could convince Amazon to contact them and provide proof that I purchased the game (proof from me just wasn't working for them).

Frustrated, I called Amazon. They were like: "Don't sweat it. We'll send you a brand new game." And they did! I got it four days later and that serial number worked.

I didn't have to talk with BioWare again. Although, after that, I never really got into DAO ... maybe I should give it a second chance.

Oh yes, this. Definitely this.

~ Dani ~
    I know how you feel, i got a similar thing recently, i bought Star Wars: Empire At War Gold Edition and there is a serial number for the original game and a different one for the expansion that came with it, it only had 1 serial number and it was for the expansion the store where i bought gave me 3 copies of the game all with the same problem, in the end the whole package had this problem and it went for 2 months till' they talked with Lucas Arts and they gave the store the serial number for every copy of the game they had

About giving DAO a second chance, he deserves, it's an awesome game, and it wasn't his fault in the end

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Did any of you guys have seen the history channel series Ancients Behaving Badly?I've ssen all 8 episodes I thought it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    OMFG!!!!!!!

Gaius Marius was the uncle of Julius Caesar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes that Marius of the Marian Reforms and that "alea iacta est" Julius Caesar)

Call me noob, i never knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!
    Yes he may have been his uncle, but there was no blood relationship, marius just happend to marry into the caesar family.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Yes he may have been his uncle, but there was no blood relationship, marius just happend to marry into the caesar family.
    Yup, thats true.

In case you are interested:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Is that a direct family connection or are some adoptions involved?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Is that a direct family connection or are some adoptions involved?
    As far as I know, he married Julia, Julius Caesar's aunt in 110BC.

She was a sister of Gaius Julius Caesar III (the father of Julius Caesar) and Sextus Julius Caesar III.

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I'm reading Adrian Goldsworthy's 'The Fall of the West' and there was a lot of adoptions in that time period (even after the 'father' had died)......

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Gaius Marius was brother in law of Gaius Julius Caesar III (Julius Caesar's father)

Just as Marcus Tullius' image shows.

lol.

It seems many great historical figures are connected one way or another.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"