Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    I recently had my FL die and my original Faction Heir became FH while the general I wanted heir (with the heir crown) did not. MY choice of heir had much higher stats and the heir crown while the original FH had nearly no stats and only 5 authority once he became FL.

What gives yo?
    If your "original FH" was already FH at that time then the crown won't change that. From the OP:
    You can't change the current Heir, but you can select who is going be the Next one.

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

bad question:

how i move the ancillary to another character?
    should i do it via console or is there a drag&drop method like in RTW?

Yes, there is a method like in RTW. Just move the characters to the same position like you did in RTW and go for it.

what should move the characters to the same position mean? same place on the map?
    i only know, that ancillaries were transferable i in rome, but i never did it
    Last edited by Warface93; November 20, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Warface93 View Post
    what should move the characters to the same position mean? same place on the map?
    i only know, that ancillaries were transferable i in rome, but i never did it
    It means characters need to be in the same army on the campaign map. Once they're merged in the same army, just click the ancillary you want to move, drag and drop on the other character. Just like dragging a document in a folder.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Main post is updated about how to transfer the ancillaries.

I had the same problem as above. I transferred the crown to a family member that was not auto-selected as the heir from my starting king. My starting king died and my computer designated faction heir become king. I am not running BGR. I am on savage AI, live long and prosper, 1 settlement type, next heir crown and permanent watch towers.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by staples View Post
    I had the same problem as above. I transferred the crown to a family member that was not auto-selected as the heir from my starting king. My starting king died and my computer designated faction heir become king. I am not running BGR. I am on savage AI, live long and prosper, 1 settlement type, next heir crown and permanent watch towers.
    Read the first post:

You can't change the current Heir, but you can select who is going be the Next one

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Ah, that straightens things out. Singling out that sentenced helped. Thanks.

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for for SS6.2 and 6.3

Does this affect the AI's heirs?

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for for SS6.2 and 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Does this affect the AI's heirs?
    No, only Player's faction gets the Next Heir Ancillary, therefore AI neither can possess nor benefit from it in anyway.

Hey,

Awesome work putting this together, its something i've wanted from SS for a very long time. Thank you kindly and + Rep!

I just wish it was savegame compatible.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    I just wish it was savegame compatible.
    You can always try. Atm I'm not sure why it shouldn't be, I'd have to look at the files.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    You can always try. Atm I'm not sure why it shouldn't be, I'd have to look at the files.
    Hey,

I was about to do just that, but in the OP it says : Warning this is not save compatible.
    Signature by Lucarius.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

It should work with on-going campaigns. Removing it from an on-going campaign will likely cause a CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    Hey,

I was about to do just that, but in the OP it says : Warning this is not save compatible.
    I saw that as well but
    Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It should work with on-going campaigns. Removing it from an on-going campaign will likely cause a CTD.
    Normally adding stuff like that is not an issue - removing traits / units / buildings etc is.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    I saw that as well but

Normally adding stuff like that is not an issue - removing traits / units / buildings etc is.
    Hmm. Before the last changes I made in the mod it was incompatible with the old save games. But later it became more stable though I didn't bother to try to use it with an old campaign, so without a new test I can't say much. I'll give it a try when I got the time, meanwhile if anyone else tries it, please share the results

Jelven's Avatar Foederatus

Wow Thanx you guys....I always wanted to appoint heirs, thanks...

OP Updated: Added a screenshot tutorial about how to transfer ancillaries.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    OP Updated: Added a screenshot tutorial about how to transfer ancillaries.

Merci thanxxxx !!!!!!