Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

how do i give the ancilary to the wanted general, sorry for da stupid question, but idk realy know
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Rokiniz View Post
    how do i give the ancilary to the wanted general, sorry for da stupid question, but idk realy know
    Put them in the same army, then drag the ancillary from the first general's trait page, to the portrait of the second general.

Rokiniz's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Put them in the same army, then drag the ancillary from the first general's trait page, to the portrait of the second general.
    thanks for that, but i want to know how to do, that the ancilary would start to exist, because i dont know where to place the crown_hre name. thank you for your answer
    Long Live Lithuania( Grand Duchy Lithuania )

First I have to say: great work! The Heir thing has bugged me for ages, but it is good to see that since a couple of years people have been coming up with good modding solutions. I got two questions which may have been answered in the previous pages, but I scrolled through them and didn't see anything at first glance.

1. Does the NHA only work for the SS 6.2 and 6.3 mods or does it also work for vanilla? I assume it does, but I'm not a great modder, so I like to dubble check.
    2. Here and there there is some discussion if it works or not. What I would like to know is: does this also work if you want to make somebody else then a son of the Faction Leader his Faction Heir? In the first post examples one son is chosen above the other, but can you also pick, lets say, a nephew of the Faction Leader even if he has sons that are of age?

The reason why I ask the second question is because it happens quite a lot that the old Faction Leader (lets call him Richard I) dies and his first born son (Richard II) as Faction Heir becomes the new Faction Leader. If Richard II doesn't have a son that is of age, Richard II's brother (Henry I) becomes the new Faction Heir. I like to maintain the pure male line of succession, so when Richard II gets a son that is of age (Richard III) I would want him to eventually become the new Faction Heir. Yet if authority only comes into play after the lack of natural sons of a Faction Leader or in between sons of a Faction Leader, then Henry I's son (Henry II) would become the next Faction Heir instead of Richard III.
    Last edited by Haleth; October 23, 2010 at 10:48 AM.

IvanIV's Avatar Ducenarius

Default How does the "Next Heir Crown" work?

i still haven't figured this out.. i always turn it on in set up but i still don't know how it affected my campaign.

Link to the Chronicles of the Spanish Kings: Spain AAR:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330141

Default Re: How does the "Next Heir Crown" work?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanIV View Post
    i still haven't figured this out.. i always turn it on in set up but i still don't know how it affected my campaign.
    Check the first post and ask questions about a submod in that submods topic. Topics merged.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

so this doesnt work for vannila ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Minotaur View Post
    so this doesnt work for vannila ?
    You would have to add and adapt it manually.

I'm working on adapting it for vanilla. I assume it will do the trick. However, my second question remains unanswered. Does the Ancillary overrule the natural first born son of the new faction leader who is of age to become faction heir or not?

Hey does this still only work for England?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

This works for all factions.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

What happens if:

A) One of those 'screw ups' of the FH dying before the FL occurs? Specifically, does the computer-chosen heir then get the orb....which can then be passed on? Or is the ancillary 'lost' due to these circumstances?

B) One's ideal candidate already has the max amount of anicillaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    B) One's ideal candidate already has the max amount of anicillaries?
    At least one of those ancillaries should be transferable so a switch shouldn't be a problem.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    At least one of those ancillaries should be transferable so a switch shouldn't be a problem.
    I guess I'd just have to juggle characters around with the move_character cheat. More bothered about the potential answer to my first question!

I guess I'd just have to juggle characters around with the move_character cheat. More bothered about the potential answer to my first question!
    If the orb is lost it shouldn't stay lost. Rest of A) is answered in the OP I believe, the "Note" section....

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Although most of the questions are answered (thanks bane_tw and Meneth) and some are already stated in my first post I'll try to clear the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    1. Does the NHA only work for the SS 6.2 and 6.3 mods or does it also work for vanilla? I assume it does, but I'm not a great modder, so I like to dubble check.
    2. Here and there there is some discussion if it works or not. What I would like to know is: does this also work if you want to make somebody else then a son of the Faction Leader his Faction Heir? In the first post examples one son is chosen above the other, but can you also pick, lets say, a nephew of the Faction Leader even if he has sons that are of age?
    1. NHA only works with SS 6.2 and SS 6.3, in order to make it work with vanilla like bane_tw said, you have to add it manually, there are instructions on how to do that in my first post on this thread.
    2. You can select ANY family member you wish, it doesn't matter how far or close they're related to the Faction Leader. In some cases though it may skip to the son on the far left of the tree (it's something about the expand of the family tree, there's a hardcoded leftmost rule issue you can read it here and here) but it happens pretty rarely actually, though I believe people should know it so they're not suprised when encounter this issue or think the mod is broken.

I think you are worried that once you pass the NHA will your selection be permament ? If so don't worry, you can pass the NHA again anytime you want and whomever receives it will be the next heir. IF the previous owner does not already have a ridicilious amount of Authority (enough to exceed 8, which is unlikely for one who is not the FL so I wouldn't even worry about that).

What happens if:
    A) One of those 'screw ups' of the FH dying before the FL occurs? Specifically, does the computer-chosen heir then get the orb....which can then be passed on? Or is the ancillary 'lost' due to these circumstances?
    Heir Crown Ancillary spawns from the current FH in the next turn. It's never stays lost.

(I'm a little busy lately at the university so can't check the forums as often as before, sorry about that.)
    Last edited by Amaranth; November 07, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Alright thanks,
    Amaranth I would like to thank you for this and also to ask exactly how to download this so I may start a new French Campaign with this. (Im so tired of losing the crown to non-Capets).
    Edit:: I got it to semi work. The Ancillery comes up but no description, where do i put this file exactly, "export_ancillaries" for the early campaign.
    Last edited by Scandinavian; November 08, 2010 at 01:52 AM.

Cheers Amaranth!

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Alright thanks,
    Amaranth I would like to thank you for this and also to ask exactly how to download this so I may start a new French Campaign with this. (Im so tired of losing the crown to non-Capets).
    Edit:: I got it to semi work. The Ancillery comes up but no description, where do i put this file exactly, "export_ancillaries" for the early campaign.
    You're welcome. The default folder for export_ancillaries.txt is:

" Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\text "

This file contains the text description for Ancillaries. If installed properly it should solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Cheers Amaranth!
    Enjoy!
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

I recently had my FL die and my original Faction Heir became FH while the general I wanted heir (with the heir crown) did not. MY choice of heir had much higher stats and the heir crown while the original FH had nearly no stats and only 5 authority once he became FL.

What gives yo?

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!