Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Missing] RELEASE :: Kingdoms of Heaven v1.3

King Siegfried's Avatar Semisalis

Default [Missing] RELEASE :: Kingdoms of Heaven v1.3

KINGDOMS OF HEAVEN
    - Stainless Steel 6.1 submod -

(Gave Templars and Hospitallers equal rep triggers, and switched Antioch's and Edessa's starting churches to Catholic churches.)

‘Kingdoms of Heaven’ is a Stainless Steel 6.1 sub-mod featuring not only a complete overhaul of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but also heralding the return of the Principality of Antioch. In addition, both factions will be in the Early and the Late Era campaigns. The mod is designed to make each State fun and interesting to play while maintaining balance versus the other “non-crusader” factions.

The Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Principality of Antioch will not be carbon copies of one another - each have a unique feel during gameplay, and are designed to be stand-alone factions capable of competition with not only contemporary Muslim rivals but the late game rosters of Europe as well - without reliance on the military orders, though their assistance is always welcome.

With this mod, realism is not my primary intention. My primary concerns are balance, pleasing presentation, and above all else: a bloody fun game.

FEATURES:
    New Unit Roster: Kingdom of Jerusalem!

• The revised KoJ features a full roster with access to most types of units other factions have access to. The Kingdom of Jerusalem still focuses on its knights, and its heavy cavalry rivals non-crusader knights.
    • Jerusalem features two unique units: Canons of the Holy Sepulchre and the Constable of Jerusalem himself! Both are powerful enough that only one can be recruited at any time.

New Faction: Principality of Antioch!

• Has greater focus placed on infantry compared to Jerusalem, particularly heavy infantry.
    • Power centers return: losing Antioch and/or Edessa seriously hinders its military power. It is absolutely vital that the Principality holds on to these settlements!
    • Two entirely new units!

Screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Syrian Militia ::

Dismounted Knights of Tripoli ::

Maronites of Lebanon ::

Dismounted Knights of Jerusalem ::

Jerusalem Lancers ::

Canons of the Holy Sepulchre ::

Constable of Jerusalem ::

Muslim Archers ::

Edessan Squires ::

Edessan Knights ::

Edessan Guard ::

Heavy Crossbowmen ::

Oathbreakers ::

New Unit Cards ::

New Faction Leader Battle Models ::
    Jerusalem King ::

Antioch "King" ::

New Strat Map Models ::

Public Sig's ::

IMPORTANT NOTES ::
    * Requires Stainless Steel 6.1, no support for 6.2 or RR yet.
    * If you want to play without the Supply Traits installed, then you must install SS6.1, select the "remove supply system" box, install KoH, and then save the attached export_descr_character_traits.txt over the SS one. Thanks go to RCOG for setting this up!

Change Log ::
    v1.3
    - Templars and Hospitallers now have the same triggers granting reputation gain, so the player should receive equal opportunity to build either Chapter House.
    - Changed the religious buildings in Antioch and Edessa to Catholic churches. The CPU seemed incapable of destroying the Masjids and thus avoiding crippling religious unrest. Antioch should no longer implode now.

v1.2
    - Scaled the Unhorsed Crusader Knights down to between castle- and fortress-tier to coincide with the other Crusader mercenaries.
    - New models for the Crusader Knights (mounted and on foot) reflect the First Crusade, and both units have an armor upgrade to reflect the Third Crusade.
    - With the Unhorsed Crusader Knights now taking the slot of light swordsmen for the crusader states, the Squires of Tripoli have been replaced with the fortress-tier Dismounted Knights of Tripoli.
    - Edessan Squires have been scaled to fortress-tier, but have no armor upgrade. AP is powerful enough!
    - Fixed a bug that would CTD whenever Antioch captured Jerusalem. The event now fires correctly.
    - All other known bugs have been fixed!

v1.0 and v1.1
    - Knights Templar and all their units were removed and replaced with new units for Antioch and Jerusalem.
    - Knights Templar and Dismounted Knights Templar are still available through chapter houses, just like the other knightly orders.
    - Adana was made into a rebel settlement to reflect the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, which was independent of the Seljuks.
    - Aleppo’s and Tortosa’s features were swapped to reflect Aleppo’s greater military significance and reputation.
    - Gaza and Damietta’s features were swapped to prevent the KoJ from so easily halting Egypt’s military might.
    - Acre and Nicosia were changed to cities in order to reflect their historical status more accurately.
    - In the early campaign, Kerak is a middle-eastern town, as the crusaders had not yet built the citadel. In the late campaign, it is a northern European fortress, to reflect that the crusaders had built said citadel in the 1140s.
    - The Early Campaign, since Jerusalem and Antioch are being jumped ahead roughly 20 years, will feature royal families as they were in 1100 AD.
    - The Late Campaign features royal families as they were in 1220 AD.

TEAM:
    Models & textures, text, unit cards: King Siegfried
    Creative consultant: Akolythos

Special Thanks goes out to:
    - Caesar Clivus (for practically enabling me to make this mod)
    - Augustus Lucifer (for helping me with those troublesome scripts!)
    Last edited by King Siegfried; September 15, 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Release of v1.3!

Creator of Kingdoms of Heaven

Akolythos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: RELEASE :: Kingdoms of Heaven v1.0 - a SS 6.1 submod

Ecumenical Patriarch of the Istvan Appreciation Station

Kingdoms of Heaven! The Crusades as they should
    be!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Congrats on the release guys. I'll have to try this one out when I get a free moment

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

BftB2 comes first, my good sir! But truth be told...... I made a silly error in a last-minute test and forgot to remove it. So I get to re-do the install file. Until I can get the errors squared away and uploaded on filefront (should be done by tomorrow), just replace SS's campaign_script with the attached file. Should clear all the errors.

EDIT :: And since Godfrey's dead wife suddenly produced a daughter..! ...I get to also fix that. So until the new v1.0 is up, just replace the campaign_script and the descr_strat with the attached files.
    Last edited by King Siegfried; November 02, 2009 at 09:35 PM.

Hello, I'm one of the lurkers here and I've been anticipating this mod since it was first announced!! But I'm having some problems running it =(

I was running SS6.2, I had to revert 6.1 so I did this:

1. I deleted the entire SS folder (backed up my 6.2 saves of course!)
    2. I installed SS6.0 Part 1 and Part 2
    3. I installed SS6.1 Patch (Clean 6.1 install, just the main patch, nothing extra)
    3. I then installed Kingdom of Heaven mod, the default directory points me towards Program Files, I corrected it to say Program Files/Sega ( I think this is right)

The problem I'm having is this:
    I load the into the game fine, I went Single Player > Later Era Campaign, then I picked Antioch, then there was the loading screen, however once the loading screen bar is full, it crashes to desktop, this has happened on both Late Era and Early Era.

My system: I'm running Windows 7, 64bit, however I'm running the batch file for SS in Windows XP compatibility mode, I also disabled UAC

I'm a totally noob at "submods" so I may have made some mistakes....

EDIT: I just wanna also mention that I've downloaded your 2 attachments and overwrote them in the respective directory.
    Last edited by Herzak; November 02, 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Hey Herzak! I'm glad you're as excited as I am! This is my very first mod, so I'm having some trouble with this as well. I tried making it so the install would direct the files correctly straight from C:\Program Files. However, since you were able to pick Antioch in the first place, I'm a little confused. I didn't have this problem.

Go ahead and check your error log for me, please. It's located in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs. If you'll post the error log for me, I should be able to determine your problem and fix it. In the mean time, I will uninstall SS, re-install it and then install KoH, and see if I get the same problem you do.

This is what I get for being so eager to release, I guess
    Last edited by King Siegfried; November 02, 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    Hey Herzak! I'm glad you're as excited as I am! This is my very first mod, so I'm having some trouble with this as well. I tried making it so the install would direct the files correctly straight from C:\Program Files. However, since you were able to pick Antioch in the first place, I'm a little confused. I didn't have this problem.

Go ahead and check your error log for me, please. It's located in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs. If you'll post the error log for me, I should be able to determine your problem and fix it. In the mean time, I will uninstall SS, re-install it and then install KoH, and see if I get the same problem you do.

This is what I get for being so eager to release, I guess
    Hmm didn't know there was a log, but looking at it, it seems the problem might be from my end!

15:04:07.074 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:04:07.075 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:04:07.079 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:04:07.080 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:04:07.082 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:04:07.083 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:04:07.084 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:04:07.084 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:05:05.153 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

The time is right, I live in Aussie land! So the texture might be too awesome for my 7600 GS video card =(

Nope. That means there's an error with the strat model textures. Let me see what problems I have when I re-install it myself

This is the right place to post problems related to this submod right..? feels kinda strange that I'm the only one posting problems... unless I'm your only fan!

Nah, I just only released the mod a few hours ago. Don't feel bad. If you come across any bugs or problems, post it here.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Herzak View Post
    This is the right place to post problems related to this submod right..? feels kinda strange that I'm the only one posting problems... unless I'm your only fan!
    Congrads to the team on your release, can't wait to try it out.......

@ Herzak...Remember they just released the mod. You may be the 1st fan but there's a truckloads a followers behind you... Now lemmie see if I can get this downloaded....

+Rep to the team members, goes w/o saying...

Congratulations guys....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

oh how silly of me to forget, I was wanting to save all the kind words till after I played the mod but..

Congratulations on release!!

Thank you for your hard work. i look forward to playing this!

Thank you for all your kind words, guys. I'm glad the mod's a hit! I'm still hard at work trying to perfect this, and I've re-installed SS 6.1. Unfortunately, I have to go to bed or I'll be a zombie tomorrow. But when I wake up, I'll get right back to work on figuring this out!

Quote Originally Posted by King Siegfried View Post
    Thank you for all your kind words, guys. I'm glad the mod's a hit! I'm still hard at work trying to perfect this, and I've re-installed SS 6.1. Unfortunately, I have to go to bed or I'll be a zombie tomorrow. But when I wake up, I'll get right back to work on figuring this out!

NP Siegfried, I hope this mod will work for me eventually, thank you for trying to figure this out!!

At least I've gotten really good at uninstalling and reinstalling SS with this ordeal, so now I guess I'll go back to 6.2 and continue my french domination!!

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Congratz!
    Gonna try this soon

So when i install it i keep it at where it is going? Program files? Strange reason not working then tried to intsll different places. Don't know what to do now.
    Got nothing...

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

A new king is born !

Congratulations and + rep !

An update for you all: Packing the install file again. Once that's done, I will install it over my clean SS 6.1. This should work correctly, but something always seems to go wrong for me lol. So once I can attest it's working correctly for me (using the same method as anyone else), then I'll upload the new install to filefront and share it with you guys.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Thanks King...your the Best...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast