Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

Hi, so I have a problem. I am playing 6.3 and I installed as per the read me for Early game. Unfortunately the heir crown does not appear... for any faction. I played Kievan Rus', England, and HRE looking to see if any have it, none of them do.

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary -NHA- (Setting Next Heir) - [Released] Mod for 6.2 and 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by YuriVII View Post
    Hi, so I have a problem. I am playing 6.3 and I installed as per the read me for Early game. Unfortunately the heir crown does not appear... for any faction. I played Kievan Rus', England, and HRE looking to see if any have it, none of them do.
    It should appear if you install it correctly. Are you positive you did everything right while copying the files ? Does it appear in Late Era ?
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

It appears in late era too (anyway to put late era and early era at same time?) Anyways, this is what I did. I put that one file for both late and early in C:...Medieval/mods/SS6.3/data and the early game file in C.../medieval/mods/SS6.3/data/text. This is the correct way or am I missing something?
    Last edited by YuriVII; October 06, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

It appears in late era too (anyway to put late era and early era at same time?) Anyways, this is what I did. I put that one file for both late and early in C:...Medieval/mods/SS6.3/data and the early game file in C.../medieval/mods/SS6.3/data/text. This is the correct way or am I missing something?
    Did you run ss_setup.exe after that?

You mean the installer program? No I installed SS and then put the files where they go.

It seems correct. But it makes no sense and I'm trying to figure out where the problem is. Since you tried it with other factions as well I'm assuming you started a new campaign after installing NHA. Did you install any other mod after NHA ? Files might be overridden if so. Can you open the game directory and open the files (using notepad or similar program) you have copied and confirm that they have NHA ? It's at the very top the file content, under "Traits" line.

You mean the installer program? No I installed SS and then put the files where they go.
    No, I'm not asking about the installer program. ss_setup.exe is the program to chose campaigns. You have 2 exes in your SS6.3 folder, one that launches the game directly and one that lets you select between early and late. Maybe if I refer to it as "the program you had that 14001 error with, program isn't correctly installed". That error wasn't with the SS6.3.exe installer but with the campaign selecter ss_setup.exe launched after the installation finishes. Please confirm that your did the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    You should have an option to run setup in your Stainless Steel start menu folder. If you don't have a folder and you used the alternative installer then patch your installation with SS6.3_installation_patcher_v.2.5.exe after completing The patcher will start the setup (the campaign selector, a exe called ss_setup) for you afterwards.

Yes I patched it and I always open from campaign setup. Could it be Grim's Reality mod, I hear that is incompatible with a few mods.

I always open from campaign setup.
    That explains it. Campaign setup replaces files in /data depending on your selection.
    If you place NHA in /data and then start with campaign setup you are overwriting the files you just placed there. Use the other shortcut to launch the game after selecting your campaign. It's not necessary to use it more then once unless you want to change your options.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Yes I patched it and I always open from campaign setup. Could it be Grim's Reality mod, I hear that is incompatible with a few mods.
    BGR overwrites NHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    BGR overwrites NHA.
    Yes, you need to add NHA manually after installing BGR.

Adding NHA manually:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are two files that need to be edited. "export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_ancillaries.txt". Open these files on your game folder and apply the following changes.

export_descr_ancillaries.txt :

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary heir_crown
    Type inherit
    Transferable 1
    Image tokus_kingmaker.tga
    Description heir_crown_desc
    EffectsDescription heir_crown_effects_desc
    Effect Loyalty 2
    Effect Authority 8
    Effect LocalPopularity 2
    Effect TroopMorale 1

Hit Ctrl+F and enter "Triggers" you'll reach the triggers area, at the top of the content there's this part:

Trigger heir_crown
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart
    Condition IsFactionHeir
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists heir_crown

AcquireAncillary heir_crown chance 100

These all all that you need to copy from this file.

export_ancillaries.txt:

{heir_crown} Heir Crown
    {heir_crown_desc} This crown is passed to the next faction heir, who will inherit the throne of your Kingdom following the death of the Faction Leader.
    {heir_crown_effects_desc} +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Local Popularity, +1 Troop Morale

And that's it from this one.

Then it should work.

Ok thanks for the info. I am on a business trip and bumming someone elses computer right now. I'll try the solution when I get back home. Lemme get this straight: It is impossible to do BGR and NHA together?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Ok thanks for the info. I am on a business trip and bumming someone elses computer right now. I'll try the solution when I get back home. Lemme get this straight: It is impossible to do BGR and NHA together?
    It's only possible manually, the way that Amaranth specified above.

I have been just reading through gracul's posts. I have installed this mod...finally got it work with the Compile mod.

Played 2 campaigns up to turn 200 so far....one Early and one Late.

The FH mod has yet to work. Each time my FL dies before the FH, and I have transferred the orb to several other trees...it seems to me that no matter what Character gets the orb..the Son all the way to the left of the tree, gets the FH title.

This has driven me mad on each campaign running tests after tests. All tests of which consist of no modding..just playing the game as it is, and killing characters through battle...or letting them die naturaly or by plague/assassination.

It's just that I have yet to see the orb actualy work..through 400 turns of gameplay....and probably about 20+ different FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden View Post
    I have been just reading through gracul's posts. I have installed this mod...finally got it work with the Compile mod.

Played 2 campaigns up to turn 200 so far....one Early and one Late.

The FH mod has yet to work. Each time my FL dies before the FH, and I have transferred the orb to several other trees...it seems to me that no matter what Character gets the orb..the Son all the way to the left of the tree, gets the FH title.

This has driven me mad on each campaign running tests after tests. All tests of which consist of no modding..just playing the game as it is, and killing characters through battle...or letting them die naturaly or by plague/assassination.

It's just that I have yet to see the orb actualy work..through 400 turns of gameplay....and probably about 20+ different FL.
    In some cases (which I believe is something to do with the family tree) hadcoded leftmost rule ignores NHA and chooses the son on the far left side of the tree as FH. But it shouldn't be a permanent problem. Personally speaking I've played countless campaigns with NHA mod, some for test purposes some for myself but even then I can't help but testing sometimes in those campaigns, this leftmost issue happened to me twice. But only for "once" in two campaign. When game selected an Heir through leftmost rule and that Heir eventually died (after promoting to FL ofcourse) NHA worked normally as it should. I even posted a screenshot here showing one of those "issued" family trees.

I understand your reaction, during my test runs I felt the same way a lot, but all I can say is that problem should not be happening all the time. Something that came to my mind is that sometimes if you're late to pass NHA to the Family Member you wanted to be Next Heir and another Member reaches higher Authority, game recognizes him as the new Heir and ignores the NHA. Legacy traits especially cause this trouble.

Are you using NHA with another mod ? If so have you tried using it alone ? So far I know that NHA works with most other mods, but there's always a possbility that some might interfere with the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Something that came to my mind is that sometimes if you're late to pass NHA to the Family Member you wanted to be Next Heir and another Member reaches higher Authority, game recognizes him as the new Heir and ignores the NHA. Legacy traits especially cause this trouble.
    I'm almost positive that's what it is then.

I'm playing 2turns per year...and I always wait until my King is around 70 or 80 to pass the orb.

I tried passing it early on a new campaign.. Crusader States Early 2TPY VH/VH.. and it worked for the first time. My King died at 89, the given Heir picked up FL and the orb worked on a Character on the far right, of which I had transferred many many turns ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Yes, you need to add NHA manually after installing BGR.

Adding NHA manually:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are two files that need to be edited. "export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_ancillaries.txt". Open these files on your game folder and apply the following changes.

export_descr_ancillaries.txt :

Ancillary heir_crown
    Type inherit
    Transferable 1
    Image tokus_kingmaker.tga
    Description heir_crown_desc
    EffectsDescription heir_crown_effects_desc
    Effect Loyalty 2
    Effect Authority 8
    Effect LocalPopularity 2
    Effect TroopMorale 1

Hit Ctrl+F and enter "Triggers" you'll reach the triggers area, at the top of the content there's this part:

Trigger heir_crown
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart
    Condition IsFactionHeir
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists heir_crown

AcquireAncillary heir_crown chance 100

These all all that you need to copy from this file.

export_ancillaries.txt:

{heir_crown} Heir Crown
    {heir_crown_desc} This crown is passed to the next faction heir, who will inherit the throne of your Kingdom following the death of the Faction Leader.
    {heir_crown_effects_desc} +2 Loyalty, +8 Authority, +2 Local Popularity, +1 Troop Morale

And that's it from this one.

Then it should work.
    Ok thanks for your help. Long time getting back but now I see the crown in the characters profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden View Post
    I'm almost positive that's what it is then.

I'm playing 2turns per year...and I always wait until my King is around 70 or 80 to pass the orb.

I tried passing it early on a new campaign.. Crusader States Early 2TPY VH/VH.. and it worked for the first time. My King died at 89, the given Heir picked up FL and the orb worked on a Character on the far right, of which I had transferred many many turns ago.
    Glad to hear it. I hope you won't encounter anymore problem, but if you do let me know.

Ok thanks for your help. Long time getting back but now I see the crown in the characters profile.
    You are welcome, enjoy.

IMPORTANT:
    This will only work if the FL dies before the current FH. If the current FH dies before becoming FL, this system somehow fails, and game engine selects an heir in it's own way, no matter who gets the Ancillary. I'm not sure why, but in my tests I came to that conclusion. If Current FH dies before "pre-selected" character becomes the New Heir, FH jumps to another character. See more details about this here.
    In case this happens, this system "restarts", right? What I mean is, when the new heir (the one the game picked) becomes king, will the character who still has the orb turn into the faction heir?
    Tis but a scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    In case this happens, this system "restarts", right? What I mean is, when the new heir (the one the game picked) becomes king, will the character who still has the orb turn into the faction heir?
    Yes, once automaticly choosen FH becomes new FL the character has the NHA will be picked as the new FH. It does not "brake" the whole mod if that's what you are worried about. But happens each time when FH dies before FL and you can't prevent it, so you should be careful with your Princes on the battlefield.