Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 547

Thread: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - Sub-Mod for SS6.4

  1. #441

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordom View Post
    data\descr_settlement_mechanics.xml:

    Try halving the "pip_modifier value" number under:

    <factor name="SOF_DISTANCE_TO_CAPITAL">

    and

    <factor name="SIF_CORRUPTION">

    Should not affect population growth, (not directly, anyways).




    I tried your suggestion and appreciate your help but it still doesn't work for me...

    Under <factor name= "SOF_Distance_to_Capital">
    I changed pip modifier from original 0.5 to 0.25 and even 0.01 a different time.

    also under the SIF Corruption I changed the value from 1.0 to 0.5 and even 0.01

    None of these changes worked for one and the bigger issue on my next turn I get all kinds of requests that I don't get without the changes to upgrade cities/castles.


    I reasoned maybe I also need to halve the castle modifer value, city modifier value...so I halved both of those from 0.5 and 0.4 to 0.25 and 0.2...still get the same problem with those additional changes that I get with just modifying pip modifer value...

    Now I ve tried saving as a txt and as an odt (which libra office recommends Odt). I even tried saving as a 2003 version of .ext. Nothing seemed to help there so is formatting the issue somehow still? As surfing the web indicates that some have been successful in making these changes and I ve reached out to them but I'm not seeing how or I'm not seeing what I'm doing wrong...

    I greatly appreciate your help.

  2. #442

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Ok here is my update of this nice little mod
    Completely Standalone (doesnt require the original file)

    DOWNLOAD

    Changes:

    - Authority exploit for Faction Leaders and Heirs removed: now the Authority and other stats boost are exclusively for family members who are not FH or FL, these boosts are lost as soon as the "Next Heir" becomes Faction Heir.
    - Negative Authority Bug workaround included: brings negative values of Authority to 0 avoiding the bug.

    INSTALLATION:
    - Extract the content of the .RAR file into "...\mods\SS6.3\" folder and accept to overwrite.
    - Run SS_setup.exe and activate the Next Heir Ancillary

    Thanks to Amaranth for making this submod in the 1st place

    Enjoy!

    Please give feedback
    Last edited by Melooo182; November 28, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

  3. #443
    Nordom's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Byzantium
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by austinngeb View Post
    I tried your suggestion and appreciate your help but it still doesn't work for me...

    Under <factor name= "SOF_Distance_to_Capital">
    I changed pip modifier from original 0.5 to 0.25 and even 0.01 a different time.

    also under the SIF Corruption I changed the value from 1.0 to 0.5 and even 0.01

    None of these changes worked for one and the bigger issue on my next turn I get all kinds of requests that I don't get without the changes to upgrade cities/castles.


    I reasoned maybe I also need to halve the castle modifer value, city modifier value...so I halved both of those from 0.5 and 0.4 to 0.25 and 0.2...still get the same problem with those additional changes that I get with just modifying pip modifer value...

    Now I ve tried saving as a txt and as an odt (which libra office recommends Odt). I even tried saving as a 2003 version of .ext. Nothing seemed to help there so is formatting the issue somehow still? As surfing the web indicates that some have been successful in making these changes and I ve reached out to them but I'm not seeing how or I'm not seeing what I'm doing wrong...

    I greatly appreciate your help.
    1. Edit in notepad or another plaintext editor - not a specialized word editor like Office. Also, it absolutely has to stay as a .txt.
    2. Change the tax levels after the change to see if it updates.

    P.S. The castle/city modifiers are submodifiers of the main modifier. So if you halve both the main value and the city value, you get a quarter total for cities, (if I'm not mistaken).

  4. #444

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordom View Post
    1. Edit in notepad or another plaintext editor - not a specialized word editor like Office. Also, it absolutely has to stay as a .txt.
    2. Change the tax levels after the change to see if it updates.

    P.S. The castle/city modifiers are submodifiers of the main modifier. So if you halve both the main value and the city value, you get a quarter total for cities, (if I'm not mistaken).

    Im still getting the same issues when I try to edit in notepad. Cities/castles are immediately ready for upgrade its like the population limits are turned off and I still have the same distance to capital/corruption issues that I always had... Maybe it just can't be changed properly I dunno...

  5. #445
    Nordom's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Byzantium
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by austinngeb View Post
    Im still getting the same issues when I try to edit in notepad. Cities/castles are immediately ready for upgrade its like the population limits are turned off and I still have the same distance to capital/corruption issues that I always had... Maybe it just can't be changed properly I dunno...
    Could you upload both the file before and after you changed it? I'd just give you an amended file, but I'm not playing with (vanilla) SS6.4...

  6. #446

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    I apologizing for bothering you Amaranth, but I've been having trouble downloading this (I'm a noob, so I don't understand all of the coding aspects.) Does this work in vanilla or do you need to download a previously working mod? I really want this mod for my game so can you please spare some time to help me install this? You mention a mod named SS6, what is that?

  7. #447

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Never mind about the last question, figured out it was stainless steel mod

  8. #448
    Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    748

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Quote Originally Posted by bobw View Post
    I apologizing for bothering you Amaranth, but I've been having trouble downloading this (I'm a noob, so I don't understand all of the coding aspects.) Does this work in vanilla or do you need to download a previously working mod? I really want this mod for my game so can you please spare some time to help me install this? You mention a mod named SS6, what is that?
    Hello, as you figured out you need Stainless Steel mod to be installed before you can use NHA, as it is a sub-mod to it. NHA could be edited manually to work with the vanilla game, instructions to edit "export_descr_ancillaries.txt" can be found in the original post. However, first you need to unpack export_descr_ancillaries.txt file so you can make the changes. If I remember correctly the unpacking tool should be in your Medieval II Total War\tools directory. Unfortunately I don't have the game installed at the moment so I cannot help any further. I highly recommend using Stainless Steel mod though, it greatly improves the game experience and very easy to install, I'd say give it a try.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War




  9. #449

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Meloo, I have your update installed, but it doesn't seem to be working. My king just died, and the heir became king, but instead of the family member with the next heir ancillary becoming heir, the eldest son of the new king became the new heir.

  10. #450

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Did he got the "Next in line of succession" trait?
    cause one drawback of moving the effects to traits is that they are not immediate, you must wait till the end of the turn after assigning the crown ancillary for the trait to be granted.

  11. #451

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Yeah. He still has it too. He had it for quite a while.

  12. #452

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    could it be that the character you gave the ancillary had other bunch of traits that reduced his authority or the other one had lots of authority too? the mod doesn't guarantee that it will work 100% of the times because of that.

    I particularly haven't used this version in while, since I incorporated the same principle to an ancillary in KER submod and it works there, most of the time.

  13. #453

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Maybe. I'll have to check. Suppose I edited the bonus from the trait to a huge number like +20 authority. It's something like 8 now, right? Would that work?

  14. #454

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    I have no idea, i've never tried that, characters can definitively get more than the 10 points shown in the UI but dunno if there is a limit or not.

  15. #455

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    I'll give it a shot and tell you how it goes. Maybe this weekend.

  16. #456

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary

    Howdy,

    It's not working for me, and yes I properly made sure it's filled in correctly.
    Anyways to fix it?

    Much greetings,
    Mike


  17. #457

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    it could be that the negative authority fix is not working as it should too
    i uploaded an updated version, same DL link

  18. #458

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    It could be a save game issue, but it looks like it's totally broken now. I installed the fix, and transferred the crown in anticipation of killing the FL to test succession. On the next turn the general with the ancillary gained the trait as expected, but the previous one still has the trait, and the "desinherited"(misspelled, btw) trait as well. So two generals have the "next in line" trait, and one also has the disinherited trait.

    Edit:
    Okay, created new HRE game, transferred crown and deaded the FL in battle. FH becomes FL, general with ancillary receives "next in line" trait. I did this over several turns, so the general with the ancillary had the "next in line" trait at the time of the FL's death. The new heir is not him though, it's the son of the new FL. I'm thinking maybe this ancillary doesn't work. Does anyone really know how succession works? I've read up in this thread(some time ago, so I may have forgotten) and others for similar mods, and nobody seems to have a really authoritative source for how succession works. It's all a bunch of guesses and experiments with a small number of poorly controlled trials.

    Edit:
    Has this been mentioned before? Maybe other traits are granting other characters authority aside from the succession trait. Those would all have to be removed to make succession reliable. Or is that what the authority fix from Meloo is supposed to do?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...our-preference
    Last edited by rb9o; August 29, 2014 at 06:59 PM.

  19. #459

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    I've read up in this thread(some time ago, so I may have forgotten) and others for similar mods, and nobody seems to have a really authoritative source for how succession works. It's all a bunch of guesses and experiments with a small number of poorly controlled trials.
    It just seems to work sometimes, but what you say is true.

    There are plenty of traits and ancillaries that affect Authority values.

    The negative authority fix is just to level all negative values to 0 as there is apparently a bug that makes the game count negative authority as positive, I counted all the traits that reduce authority and they sum around -36 IIRC, of course is nearly impossible that a single character gets them all.

  20. #460

    Default Re: Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) - [RELEASED] Sub-Mod for SS6.2 / 6.3 / 6.4 (Updated)

    Hello Meloo,

    Just registered to tell you that the NHA mod does work but in a very specific circumstance. What i did to make it work was to 1) transfer the NHA to the person i want and 2) have the FL die then the FH but with the specific condition that the new FL's eldest son is not yet of age.

    For example in my Genoa campaign, I had Doge Martino as the starting FL, Councilor Ansaldo as FH, Simone as FH's son and Barbus as the NHA holder. What I transffered the NHA to Barbus since I wanted his princesses to steal other generals and collect more royal bloodlines. Then I did was have Martino die, so Ansaldo became the new FL and Simone became the new FH. Then before Simone's eldest son came of age I had Ansaldo killed which made Simone the new FL and Barbus the new FH. This happened despite the fact that Simone had a younger brother w/c in ordinary circumstances would have gotten the FH title instead (the brother was of age already when this happened as well).

    Hope I helped. .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •